Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree1391Likes

Thread: The Clown Car Uterus: A thread for all things Duggar

My question is: Why does this family still get exposure in terms of tv show deal(s) or tv "specials"/interviews?

They hid behind this facade of holy living/this religious lifestyle, outright judging and condemning other's lifestyle(s) (LGBT community, specifically), all the while refusing to take appropriate action against/protecting their molester scumbag son.

What is this family's appeal? I just don't get it. I didn't get it before the sh*t hit the fan.
    I might be the only one, maybe it's just me but, I don't understand why people like(d) to watch their show in the first place.
    Janus, Briar Rose and firebrat1229 like this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    What is this family's appeal? I just don't get it. I didn't get it before the sh*t hit the fan.
    I might be the only one, maybe it's just me but, I don't understand why people like(d) to watch their show in the first place.
    Why would you think that? There are three or four other threads on this forum, some epic, where a majority of people have expressed the exact same thing. Don't you read what other people post?
    Kittylady, sluce, holly and 3 others like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    Apparently Boob put her in the same dorm style room as the still living at home daughters sleep in! I'm sorry but that is just disgraceful, she should be living by herself with the M&M's not sharing a bedroom with all her sisters-in law.
    If she's sharing a dorm room with all the girls who are still firmly under the thumb then any independent thought can be reported back and crushed. She cannot be allowed to deviate from the Duggar-Borg think.
    PecanPie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    If she's sharing a dorm room with all the girls who are still firmly under the thumb then any independent thought can be reported back and crushed. She cannot be allowed to deviate from the Duggar-Borg think.
    which makes me wonder who the new snitch is since the old one moved out.
    mistify likes this.

This is just sick. Forgiveness does NOT mean being required to expose yourself and your children over and over to harm. This is called slavery.

Dignity, how does it work?
    holly, Kittylady, Beeyotch and 3 others like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    which makes me wonder who the new snitch is since the old one moved out.
    In the true Christian spirit the Duggar girls are probably competing to see who can "return her to the right path" the most, so I'd say all of them. Their future income is heavily dependent on her being a good little wifey who welcomes back her newly rehabilitated husband with open arms and open womb so they can get the tv deals rolling again.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Adultery is grounds for divorce according to the Bible. Just sayin....Anna needs to think about that. She ain't commiting sin if she divorces this piece of trash and his effed up family.
    holly, lindsaywhit and Callalily like this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

She gets off on being a martyr. I have a deep irrational hatred of people like that. No, I will not admire your suffering.
    "We don't want other leaders and other countries laughing at us any more. And they won't be. They won't be." --Trump

"ROFL" -- rest of world

There are a few people at work like that that drive me up the wall. I call them "professional martyrs". My coworker calls it a "caring contest". Like "I care more than you and I give until it hurts everything in my life (aka I have bad boundaries) therefore I win and am a better person than you."
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Why would you think that? There are three or four other threads on this forum, some epic, where a majority of people have expressed the exact same thing. Don't you read what other people post?
    Of course I have but, this board is has common sense I should edit my post to say: "Maybe it's just this board but..."
    I just meant in a broader sense - an "outsider" view so to speak, does anyone know someone that actually likes to watch the show?

Is their core audience all ultra-religious nuts that support their type of lifestyle?
    Or do most people watch for the "Jerry Springer" factor - something to laugh at, make fun of?
    It's really perplexing to me why this family had/has a show...

Then again, I didn't understand why that "Honey Boo Boo" show ever got past development either.
    Though, at least with that show I knew that 100% of their core audience watched for the "Jerry Springer" factor...
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    This is who Jessa and Ben named their baby after:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Spurgeon
    itonically he was an outspoken opponent of slavery.
    twitchy2.0 and Bluebonnet like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    There are a few people at work like that that drive me up the wall. I call them "professional martyrs". My coworker calls it a "caring contest". Like "I care more than you and I give until it hurts everything in my life (aka I have bad boundaries) therefore I win and am a better person than you."
    I have a friend whose wife is like that. Has time for everyone else in need but barely a second for him. One of these days she's going to come home to an empty house and play the victim and the martyr all at the same time.

I had one of those at my last job, she was the main reason I left. I kinda felt bad for her because she bought a house out in the boonies to be near her adult children, so the son promptly moved in and began sponging off her and the daughter lives around the corner but ignores her and only sees her a couple of times a month when she wants something. This woman would spend her entire weekend driving all over town (like 6 or 7 hours a day) to run errands for other people, including her ex in-laws, because she couldn't say no. A lot of it was for attention though, like she would run and buy cards and flowers if she heard someone on another floor had a sick day, so it was more about "awww, isn't she thoughtful" than their actual health, and she had a lot of people fooled. But then, a lot weren't either, I wasn't the only cynical bitch. And she was sincerely kind when my cat died so it wasn't all big fake fakery. Just mostly.

I still go visit the girls who work there and they HATE her and say she's worse since I left, because at least then she knew to keep the bullshit to a minimum.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I watched a re-airing of the "Jessa and Jill: Counting On" the other night because I wanted to see the interviews with the older sisters and Anna on this shit with Josh. I can honestly say I choked up seeing her when the producer asked her what the plans were for her marriage. She was trying so hard to stay composed and not lose it. She shared how betrayed she feels and you could genuinely see the hurt in her face. I think Anna is like a lot of na´ve, young women who will stay with a jerk thinking he can change, or will change, or you can pray it away. I'm a big component of prayer for someone who is in a bad place, but the person for whom you're praying has to WANT to change. The things Josh has done indicate much more than an "Ooops! I slipped up!" scenario. The damn perv has an evil pattern. I personally think she'd be better off divorcing him and getting on with her life but she doesn't know any better. These girls were not raised to think or live independently.

They interviewed a couple of the older Duggar brothers too and one of them, don't know which one...said how he always used to look up to Josh and he said that when all this came out, he said to Josh's face: "I no longer want to be like you!" It wasn't John David or Josiah. I think it was the one right after Josiah.

An on a side note, Ben is now brushing is hair in the side part like his creepy ass father-in-law.

Last edited by Bluebonnet; December 29th, 2015 at 05:09 PM.
    mistify likes this.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Make that a bit more helmet-y and he could get into politics!
    Kittylady and Bluebonnet like this.
    "We don't want other leaders and other countries laughing at us any more. And they won't be. They won't be." --Trump

"ROFL" -- rest of world

Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information