Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Like Tree1914Likes

Thread: The Clown Car Uterus: A thread for all things Duggar

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I could write a manifesto about the lack of mental health services for the WLS population.

All insurance companies require a clearance from a mental health worker. Mine, I sat in the waiting room longer than with the Psychologist. Literally, “why do you want to have surgery?”
    “I’m morbidly I am a type 2 diabetic with a horrible family history of cardiovascular diseases and death. I’m only 35 and would like to live a little longer.”
    “Great, I’ll send my clearance form over to Bariatrics. Good luck.”

Second surgery for complications I had another clearance with a different provider. Our session lasted nearly 2 hours and I “check in” every couple of months.

I never realized I needed this kind of help to work this successfully. Glad my new surgeon recommended this guy. He’s phenomenal and specializes in the post-WLS population. It’s a rarity

Dr Now, IMO, is a complete fucking hack. He doesn’t give 2 shits about those poor people. They all openly talk about their mental health. If there’s therapy happening it’s not being shown. In fact, the show cuts out so much of the before surgery “action “. I think it places tge surgeries in a bad light. Most people already think it’s the easy way out. But not being transparent about the hoops one needs for insurance approval, it reinforces that stereotype.
    That's how I feel watching My 600 Lb Life, too. There's such a major mental aspect to all of these patients that they need to figure out prior to the surgery as well as after. The surgery is probably the easiest part but without some serious therapy I fear a lot of those patients will not be able to manage their continued weight loss successfully.

I refuse to watch anything Duggar related. They disgust me. Their who "holier than thou" routine, marrying off the girls as young as possible, side hugging bullshit, all of it I can't stand. Fucking lunatics who think they are better than everyone else because they wait to have sex and then when they do finally have sex they mass procreate on a planet that's already crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    Yes just started a new season.
    I semi-watched the newest episode yesterday; it consisted of Jeremy and Jinger moving a bookshelf out of his office so 2 Spanish-speaking carpenters could install his dream built-ins (which he literally said were a dream come true!), and him trying to communicate with them with his little bit of Spanish he knew plus a translator app. (This led to a montage of the married couples talking about home projects they've embarked on together and how fun they were!). The one who's next to get married on the show and his fiancée Kendra going shopping for ties/bowties for the men in the wedding party (and taking Jessa along to help and join in the fun!) Jessa giving little Spurge (that's what she called him) his first haircut ever at 1 year of age (more like snipping random curls here and there). And Joy-Anna attempting to cook a romantic dinner in the RV she and her husband are sharing while remodeling is completed on their home, and then eating said dinner inside the house on a small folding table (the microwave in the RV doesn't work, but it's great for storage!). Oh, and they have a yearly tradition of having a Water Fun Day; they have kiddie pools, water guns, water balloons, and create a slip and slide of sorts on a hill. Kendra "dressed" for the occasion by wearing what looked like leggings and a long dress to get wet.

So, basically boring as shit everyday stuff they stretched out into a 1 hr. episode; the most shocking thing was probably the fact they didn't go to a thrift store to buy the ties for the wedding party, but an honest-to-goodness men's clothing store. Oh, and as part of that segment, they showed what the men in Jessa, Jinger and Joy-Anna's weddings wore...

When is Joy Anna's baby due? There's always a baby being born every couple of months with this family!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Silver Member

She had it already, didnt she? Wasnt it 10 lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    I watched Forensic Files back when it was on CourtTv, which is now the shitty TruTv. I really liked that show.
    TruTV is horrible!
    I used to binge watch Forensic Files. Same with I Almost Got Away With It, but I cannot remember which channel it was on.
    crayzeehappee likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

It is on HLN now.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I'm watching the Joseph/Kendra wedding episode while folding laundry, and I have to admit they both seem really sweet and in love, it did bring a tear to my eye when her dad spoke about her before going into pastor mode and marrying them. They also had someone singing that song "Butterfly Kisses" while the couple lit the unity candle, and I'm a sucker for that song as cheesy as it is...

Holy Shit. Even that description makes me want to puke. I guess I'm evil to the core.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread Information