Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Claire Danes on Billy Crudup leaving pregnant wife for her

I heard this interview so how did I miss this part?

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    And GOD said, thine face, it IS a marvel; not unliketh that of a MAN.
    LMFAO!
    BITTER likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

i agree with what sput said, but, she's been in this business long enough to know that it would've been best to just not say anything at all about the topic. she probably didn't mean it but this makes her sound like an asshole.

Claire really has a hard, manly face. Her nose is very masculine.

And GOD said, thine face, it IS a marvel; not unliketh that of a MAN.

her face has always irritated me, and i usually like "manly" faces on women.
    BITTER likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

fgg

she probably should have completed the thought process with something about now that she's a wife and mother she can understand the pain that she inflicted - assuming she feels that way. a selfish 24 yo perspective is one thing but close the loop by saying what you've learned with life experience.
    Trixie and Flygirl like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    her face has always irritated me, and i usually like "manly" faces on women.
    Vouch, that is one of the reasons I find Glenn Close attractive. In her heyday, I thought she was pretty in an interesting and uncoventional way. Not Clare. She's got a receding forehead and a prominent nose.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

It seems I am the only one thinking this but she was 24 for, had not made a women pregnant and was not involved with someone. God knows what this man put in her head ( I cannot believe I am defending this one here)

I put full blame on the man here. It is the one cheating that should be blamed not the one they are cheating with.

Yeah but he's not the one talking about it in an interview saying he was in love.

And 24 is not a teenager. Even so, bad judgment happens but you can say you're sorry or regret it, and shouldn't have done it in hindsight.
    czb, Kittylady and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

I definitely wouldn't put any blame on Danes if she had been misled by the guy and didn't know that he was attached and expecting a child with the other person. However, she did, which is screwed up, but clearly not as screwed up as Crudup's behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    And 24 is not a teenager. Even so, bad judgment happens but you can say you're sorry or regret it, and shouldn't have done it in hindsight.
    but she did and they were together 4+ years and i don't think it's realistic to expect someone to say they regret an entire relationship just because the public needs to hear women say how sorry they are for getting involved with a married man. especially when men are allowed to get away with far worse without having people they've never met hold decades long grudges against them for it.
    gas_chick, Flygirl and sluce like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Crudup's career did take a downturn IIRC.

he was never interested in mainstream success though and was always firmly indie. i think he's been doing a ton of theatre and other projects in recent years.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't need to hear her apologize. She didn't sleep with my husband.

But the I, me, me, I statements about what SHE went through are tone deaf. She comes off as self centered today, nvm what she was like at 24.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Vouch, that is one of the reasons I find Glenn Close attractive. In her heyday, I thought she was pretty in an interesting and uncoventional way. Not Clare. She's got a receding forehead and a prominent nose.
    I've always thought Clare looks like she smelled of dog food, you know, the meaty chunks in gravy kind. Don't know why
    BITTER and mostroop like this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

^^^But exactly how blame-less is Mary Louise? I've loved her ever since Longtime Companion. But it does take two.

Elite Member

^^^But exactly how blame-less is Mary Louise? I've loved her ever since Longtime Companion. But it does take two.
    Not always. Some men are just cheaters. I tend to not blame the one who was cheated on. I think if you don't have an open relationship, and you want to be with someone else, break your current relationship off first. The responsibility for cheating is all in the lap of the cheater IMO
    Kittylady and Serendipity like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

^^ Yep. Clean up one mess before you start another. If you are that unhappy in a relationship that you want to start something with someone else then do EVERYONE a favour and GTFO before moving on.
    OrangeSlice likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information