Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Cindy Crawford lingerie image stirs debate over what 'real women' look like

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I wonder how she is feeling about this. I see people here saying good for her, but it is my understanding that she had nothing to do with the release of this photo. It's not like she was trying to make a statement.
    I'm confused by it, too. That's why I initially posted it without making a comment. It would be one thing for Jamie Lee Curtis to do it. Curtis' whole vibe seems to be to just be your best self and stay healthy. Crawford, though, actually markets a product called "Meaningful Beauty", which is like some kind of cosmetic anti-aging system. I think this photo is kind of off message for her.

Also, the photo of her skin kind of reminds me of certain photo prints that I see occasionally. I can't remember the name of it, but for some reason, that type of photo picks up the texture of the skin to a really high (unflattering) degree.
    Bombshell likes this.

Exactly, it was someone else who posted it trying to make that statement. I'd venture that she'd never post it herself. I also wouldn't assume that she has enough self esteem to not care about signs of normal aging: She's had obvious surgery to her face. She's made her living as a model and praised for her looks all her life. It's got to be tough to see that part of yourself start to go.
    Belt Up and holly like this.

Bummer. Now she's stuck between a rock and a hard place. Somebody leaked that photo, that's not cool, and probably photoshopped it to make her look worse. Those are some serious shadows her rolls are making. She can't come out now and defend herself because people are heralding her as a role model. Now she has to shut up and have her husband post random bikini shots to quietly make people realize she was wronged. Ooh, I'd hate to be her, she has to walk around naked for the next six months, at least.
    nwgirl likes this.

I think she looks fine. She has nothing to be ashamed of.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

From the same photographer and shoot - same bra. This made the magazine. You can see the photoshopping most readily in the upper chest:

Elite Member

She looks great. The coloring is weird, but honestly, she looks great. The pose is a little awkward. I'd like all 45+ year old women to wear this outfit, strike this pose and see what they look like.

We have become so warped by photoshop. Celebs all have little lumps, bumps, stretch marks, etc. like most real women do. It's time to take the blinders off. Hollywood is all illusion.
    holly likes this.

Lighting is everything. It can make you look great. It can make you look horrible. Under certain types of light and with certain photo flashes, you won't see much, if any cellulite. Under others, you will see every flaw.

Whenever we take shots on the beach, it's always in the afternoon or later. Morning light gives you a bluish tone that looks pretty bad and whites you out, even if you have your camera's white balance set. Afternoon-to-evening light gives your skin a gold tone and is a lot more forgiving on flaws in your skin.
    KrisNine likes this.

She looks like she put on about 15 pounds and got painted with soot.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    She looks like she put on about 15 pounds and got painted with soot.
    I was thinking streaky gravy browning.
    Belt Up likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Mmm, Bisto.

If that pic really is unadulterated then she looks like crap - crap for a health conscious model, not crap for a regular woman that is.

I remember an interview she did years ago when she was married to Richard Gere at the height of her beauty, it was Vanity Fair I think, where she talked about being at dinner with some hot actress and needing reassurance from Richard that she was still the most beautiful woman in the room. Now, maybe she's gained confidence over the years but I suspect she's finding the aging process horrifically difficult, it must be especially tough going through that while watching your mini me daughter blossom into the very creature you used to be.
    Kittylady likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

That photo looks like bad lighting, bad angle and perhaps even a weird filter on it. The photographer was trying something out and it did not work. I think IRL she looks better.
    Kittylady and holly like this.

She's never been a 'body' model. She doesn't appear to work out, and she still tans.

I think the part that looks bad is the sun damage. Otherwise, her body is fine for a woman north of 45, after two kids.
    Kittylady likes this.

Another thing that is interesting is that it is clearly part of the set from the December 13 Marie Claire, but they didn't include a photoshopped version of it in the issue. I wonder if they took it and decided it was beyond photoshopping. The only thing that kind of bothers me is that this was seemingly done without Crawford's consent.

Quote Originally Posted by coolade View Post
    She's never been a 'body' model. She doesn't appear to work out, and she still tans.
    She was known for her fit, sexy physique - she had the calenders and exercise videos to prove it
    czb, Beeyotch, holly and 1 others like this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information