Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Christian Bale to George Clooney: "Just Shut Up," "Stop Whining"

HA, right when I pulled up this story these two really annoying birds that constantly bicker at one another in my yard started yapping away again. It's almost 8:30pm and they need to shut up. I'm afraid to open up a page now that will inspire the slut pigeon on my roof to start humping away.

He was asked about Clooney.

AG: Speaking of George Clooney, I was just seeing all those pictures of him and his new wife being photographed in that boat in Venice, and it occurred to me that I had no idea what your wife, Sibi, looks like.
    CB: I feel I should have as much privacy as anyone else.
    AG: But I’ve heard Clooney railing about tabloids and privacy too.
    CB: I know, but it’s boring, isn’t it? You know what I mean? It doesn’t matter that he talks about it. It’s like, come on, guys, just shut up. Just get on with it and live your lives and stop whining about it. I prefer not to whine about it.
    http://www.celebitchy.com/400309/chr..._good_with_it/
    Who ordered a naked Swede?? MEEEEE!!

laurenshelton2 thinks I'm worse than Claymates.

I like Bale.
    BuffyKatniss likes this.

[QUOTE=Sunrider;3284763]He was asked about Clooney.

AG: Speaking of George Clooney, I was just seeing all those pictures of him and his new wife being photographed in that boat in Venice, and it occurred to me that I had no idea what your wife, Sibi, looks like.
    CB: I feel I should have as much privacy as anyone else.
    AG: But Iíve heard Clooney railing about tabloids and privacy too.
    CB: I know, but itís boring, isnít it? You know what I mean? It doesnít matter that he talks about it. Itís like, come on, guys, just shut up. Just get on with it and live your lives and stop whining about it. I prefer not to whine about it./QUOTE]

Cele|bitchy | Christian Bale on losing an Oscar to McConaughey: ‚ÄėI was all good with it‚Äô
    Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    I like Bale.
    After reading that quote above, I like him a lot more too. I've seen very few pics of Sibi (and in all of them, he looks very protective of her, so I think his comment about if he lets the paparazzi get away with all the horrible shit they say to her (she's never angled to be famous, that I'm aware of), he loses his dignity as a husband, was pretty genuine). I've always thought he was really talented, in a crazy Method way, and felt he just got a lot of shit for that meltdown he had years ago. I said it earlier, I'm SURE there are much, much worse meltdowns over even stupider things (doesn't make them right), he just got the pleasure of having his recorded and leaked. I remember right after that, the paps were following him around everywhere and TMZ got a pic of him picking up his daughter (whose name wasn't even known for years after her birth, he's that private) and hugging her and TMZ entitled the pic, "COME GIVE DADDY A FUCKING HUG!!!" I thought that was so inappropriate because it was his little girl, but that's TMZ for you.

And I love Clooney, who doesn't, but even I was eye-rolling with all the wedding crap. He owns a villa in Italy, where he married (instead, he married at another venue in Italy). It could have been COMPLETELY and UTTERLY private if he chose. I'm guessing it was the new wife's idea though and he just rolled with it.

Nah, it was his idea!

I LOVE him. He's my favorite. I will watch anything he's in just to see his acting.

And I always defend him when people that I talk to IRL say he's an asshole or whatnot. Honestly, besides having a few on-set tantrums and some poorly chosen statements, what has he done? (forgive me if he has done something horrible! I am just such a fangirl of his that I probably forgot it!) He's not a bad guy. And I am confident if my words and actions were scrutinized and commented on by people I didn't know, I would look worse than he does. I'm not perfect either!

My absolute favorite Bale movie is Empire of the Sun (1987) when he was only 13.

And I love whoever coined "Bale-gasm"

He was in that dreck Velvet Goldmine and he never really made it back into my good books after that. Although I still have time for Toni Collette and JRM. I think I just dislike Bale.
    BuffyKatniss likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

That's fair. Gosh there are a ton of celebs I dislike for no reason or completely irrational reasons lol

For example, I can't stand watching anything Tobey Maguire is in, and don't know why I dislike him.
    I won't watch anything Patricia Heaton is in because of her politics, which I wish I could separate because I love In the middle.

Sidenote: Now I gotta check out this Velvet Goldmine even if it is crappy because I want to see everything Bale's been in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information