Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: Chrissy Teigen Suffers Miscarriage Following Hospitalization

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    Can anyone explain how there's a social media person the room with her given people are dying alone in hospitals because relatives can't see them?
    I'm assuming that some of the pics were taken by her husband and maybe the one with the two of them together by a nurse... really, with a phone, anyone can snap a pic. I'd be surprised if they have a dedicated person on staff to do this (but I could be totally wrong).

Elite Member

Many hospitals have lifted the no visitation policy in states with stable or declining COVID numbers. Unless it's the Emergency Department or an inpatient unit visitors are allowed in the hospital system I work for. I would imagine in a fetal loss situation they are allowing visitors.

In the UK people are dying alone because of CoVID.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    The 205,000 and counting in the US- the vast majority of them (probably 99.9% at least) did as well and still are. COVID wards have a zero visitors policy. I don't know of any hospital in the States allowing anyone on a COVID ward outside of medical and janitorial staff. Our maternity ward has been open to visitors, with limitations and restrictions, since June.

ETA: back in early May my cousin was diagnosed with colon cancer. Based on the colonoscopy and pathology reports it was stage 1. She had to wait until end of August for surgery. One would think cancer surgeries are essential but they were running on a such a skeleton staffing and only absolutely immediately necessary, life or death NOW surgeries were being done across NYC.

Many Nurses will take photos during delivery and such.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I think maybe I have a skewed opinion on this, but I find some solace in knowing Chrissy was surrounded by people to support her through this. I did not have the emotions associated with my miscarriage as the Legends clearly do, but I miscarried alone in a foreign country. I actually took pain relief and went to dinner with my then boyfriend's friends and family as I was miscarrying. I should have just said no and looked after myself, but I felt I didn't deserve that because I didn't 'care' as much as many people who suffer a miscarriage. There's a feeling of guilt there for sure. I think people never know how they will react in the moment, where emotions are all over the show. Sometimes people act out of character or are just desperate for a connection to make themselves feel better.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    My brother was in ICU for three weeks alone and died of COVID alone but I do not have an issue with Chrissy and John and how they're dealing with this.

ETA: Not that my opinion means f*ck all in this situation, but many die alone.

Oh damn, Levitt, Daphodil, and everyone here sharing their stories - my heart goes out to you all. You may not always feel that way, but you are all strong and brave beyond imagining.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    My brother was in ICU for three weeks alone and died of COVID alone but I do not have an issue with Chrissy and John and how they're dealing with this.

ETA: Not that my opinion means f*ck all in this situation, but many die alone.
    As my dad says, we’ll all die alone no matter how many people surround you.
    Daphodil likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    The 205,000 and counting in the US- the vast majority of them (probably 99.9% at least) did as well and still are. COVID wards have a zero visitors policy. I don't know of any hospital in the States allowing anyone on a COVID ward outside of medical and janitorial staff. Our maternity ward has been open to visitors, with limitations and restrictions, since June.

ETA: back in early May my cousin was diagnosed with colon cancer. Based on the colonoscopy and pathology reports it was stage 1. She had to wait until end of August for surgery. One would think cancer surgeries are essential but they were running on a such a skeleton staffing and only absolutely immediately necessary, life or death NOW surgeries were being done across NYC.
    Same.

In the UK there is a 6/12 thing, 6 weeks for diagnosis, 12 weeks to start treatment.

A very close friend's father-in-law died last month (not CoVID) he wasn't allowed visitors.
    My neighbour had emergency surgery earlier in the year (not covid) & spent 2 weeks in hospital while they tried to stabilise her. She wasn't allowed any clothes from outside the hospital & they had no gowns for her so after surgery she was put back into the t-shirt & jeans she arrived in & had to wear them for 2 weeks. She has kids & they didn't see her for those 2 weeks. She needs an organ transplant & lost approx 15lbs, some of it due to the hospital not having enough food to feed the patients, some of it due to her medical status.

I hope your cousin has a successful treatment and recovery.

czb

we don't have a ton of cases here (especially compared to the rest of the bay area) but they haven't been letting in visitors for the few people i know who had to have (non-covid) hospital stays. anecdotal, though.

An acquaintance of ours was pregnant and they wouldn't allow her husband in with her to her pre-natal appointments. He was only allowed in with her for the birth a couple weeks ago.
    Novice likes this.

I had my baby at the beginning of all of this, and I had to do it by myself. no dad or support person allowed. When we left at the end of august they would allow one person for birth or a sick child, no patient visitors unless end of life situation.
    Novice, Sarzy, Sleuth and 1 others like this.

^^^ Awww, I'm sorry Dexter7.
    Sarzy, tulip and dexter7 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    I had my baby at the beginning of all of this, and I had to do it by myself. no dad or support person allowed. When we left at the end of august they would allow one person for birth or a sick child, no patient visitors unless end of life situation.
    I'm so sorry Dexter - that must have been tough. It's not easy giving birth at the best of times. I can't imagine doing that without a support person with you.
    lindsaywhit, czb, tulip and 3 others like this.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information