Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: Chrissy Teigen Suffers Miscarriage Following Hospitalization

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I just saw on TMZ that Teigens mom has posted a pic of herself holding the deceased child Jack. I'm sorry but wtf?
    She shared a video of her meeting him too. I couldn't watch it.

^
    czb and ConstanceSpry like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

You don't see anything. I don't think what her mum posted is graphic or any of that. Jack is swathed in blankets, that's all you see (blankets).
    Sarzy and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Charmed hour, I apologize if I sounded callous. Not my intention to.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Charmed hour, I apologize if I sounded callous. Not my intention to.
    Bitter, noooo! Please do not apologize. I didn't take your post as judgmental or callous, not one little letter of it!

Thank you all for the kind words.

I just watched Pepper's IG video. I cried right along with her, her grief is palatable in it. The baby is swaddled in such a way that you know it's a baby, a very small baby. You do not see his feet, hands or face.

ETA: the video looks and sounds like it is John recording. Pepper has her hands to her face as if in prayer and the nurse urges her to touch him. Pepper is speaking softly to him. You can hear her say, "I am so sorry"" before her tears come full force. She then sounds to be speaking Thai to him. Just writing this is killing me.

People grieve and come to terms with things in different ways.
    Highlighting this, as in appropriate as it will seem to.some, will give comfort and validation to other mothers that have lost babies (not-full-term, full-term and as infants).

I think that being with the body of a deceased loved one helps the realisation that they are no longer alive.
    I lost the love-of-my-life when I was 17 and to this day I still think I see him sometimes. He had to have a closed coffin at his funeral, but I think that it might have helped me.
    twitchy2.0, tulip, levitt and 12 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    People grieve and come to terms with things in different ways.
    Highlighting this, as in appropriate as it will seem to.some, will give comfort and validation to other mothers that have lost babies (not-full-term, full-term and as infants).

I think that being with the body of a deceased loved one helps the realisation that they are no longer alive.
    I lost the love-of-my-life when I was 17 and to this day I still think I see him sometimes. He had to have a closed coffin at his funeral, but I think that it might have helped me.

I'm sorry for her and her family and can't imagine what she's going through.

At the same time, I can't imagine this level of public sharing. I'm trying not to judge (for a change, ha) because I understand she lives her life this way. I understand she wants to honor her baby's short life. But it's also gonna leave her open for criticism and every hater with a pulse coming out of the woodwork to trash her with snippets of her less than finer moments on social media where she showed her ass or was a bitch to others. That's a lot to have to deal with at this time. I wouldn't want to do it. I hope she takes a break from SM for awhile after this. But somehow I doubt that will happen.
    Novice, fgg and ConstanceSpry like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I absolutely believe Jack should be talked about, celebrated, and mourned in whatever way works best for the family to heal. If in the process it helps other parents find some consolation in similar experiences, even better. But like someone mentioned upthread, having the mindset to have someone photograph everything as it happens (knowing that a tragedy is about to unfold) seems odd. But, at the same time, normal births are photographed. Deaths, funerals and such are not as commonly documented, which is why this seems shocking to some.
    czb, Kittylady, Novice and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    I absolutely believe Jack should be talked about, celebrated, and mourned in whatever way works best for the family to heal. If in the process it helps other parents find some consolation in similar experiences, even better. But like someone mentioned upthread, having the mindset to have someone photograph everything as it happens (knowing that a tragedy is about to unfold) seems odd. But, at the same time, normal births are photographed. Deaths, funerals and such are not as commonly documented, which is why this seems shocking to some.
    Tons of funerals documented on YouTube so I would say that's been normalized. And for families who have stillbirths, it's fairly common to have photographers take pictures of the baby and most of those pictures actually show the baby which none of Chrissy's photos have that I have seen.
    Kittylady likes this.

^^Years ago, a doc who worked at the clinic I work at had a patient whose baby was found to have anencephaly. The parents decided to go through with the entire pregnancy. Every visit, they would bring a photo album and show off the latest sonogram pictures of their baby.

Now see I think that's a bit much. But to each his/her own.

I honestly doubt if I could go through that pregnancy, in fact.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

czb

ugh. i'm not sure i could but sometimes women have no choice. i know of someone who was carrying twins, one of them died in utero. but the mom had to carry both to delivery. no choice.

Can anyone explain how there's a social media person the room with her given people are dying alone in hospitals because relatives can't see them?
    SHELLEE and holly like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    Can anyone explain how there's a social media person the room with her given people are dying alone in hospitals because relatives can't see them?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information