Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: Chrissy Teigen Suffers Miscarriage Following Hospitalization

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Yeah, a quick post would have sufficed. This is milking it.

Gary Barlow and his wife supposedly post about his wife's stillbirth every year on the anniversary. A bit much.
    Gary acknowledges the well wishes and thoughts his fans express. He rarely speaks of his own grief or his wifeís at losing a full term baby.

Personally I lost a pregnancy at 29 weeks. Itís been the absolutely defining moment of my life. It broke me in a way Iíve never imagined. We all grieve in our own way. I will not judge Chrissy or any parent with how the process their loss.

To the point I refused to try again and when I was finally ready, my body is uncooperative due to my age. It took me 18 years to even wonder if I am strong enough to break all over again.

R and I are private with our loss. We have a single picture and a footprint. Theyíre away in a box, not hidden and not forgotten. We had a burial with only us present.

Our son was laid next to Rís sister who was born severely disabled and passed at 5 months from failure to thrive. The only person who brought me any comfort was my MIL. She lived it, she understood and was a quiet pillar of strength for us. She didnít need to say anything, she understood and now do do I.
    BITTER, Solene, Mivvi21 and 21 others like this.

I've read a lot of comments where women have very much sympathized with her, and thanked her for making it normal to talk about pregnancy loss rather than it being such a taboo subject at times.

I myself have never experienced a pregnancy loss, but my first reaction when I saw her post yesterday was shock and sadness for her and her family; it never crossed my mind that it was in any way attention whoring...

Elite Member

Oh my goodness, Charmed Hour and Dexter, thanks for sharing your experiences. Charmed Hour, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Solene likes this.

Dexter and Charmed Hour my heart goes to you both.

I can't judge anyone in this tragedy. I haven't even been close to being pregnant. As it was said before people grieve differently. I feel very sad for them and if they need to post a 1000 photos of that day they are free to do whatever they need to do. To lose a child at any age has to be the worse thing a person can go through.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    Gary acknowledges the well wishes and thoughts his fans express. He rarely speaks of his own grief or his wife’s at losing a full term baby.

Personally I lost a pregnancy at 29 weeks. It’s been the absolutely defining moment of my life. It broke me in a way I’ve never imagined. We all grieve in our own way. I will not judge Chrissy or any parent with how the process their loss.

To the point I refused to try again and when I was finally ready, my body is uncooperative due to my age. It took me 18 years to even wonder if I am strong enough to break all over again.

R and I are private with our loss. We have a single picture and a footprint. They’re away in a box, not hidden and not forgotten. We had a burial with only us present.

Our son was laid next to R’s sister who was born severely disabled and passed at 5 months from failure to thrive. The only person who brought me any comfort was my MIL. She lived it, she understood and was a quiet pillar of strength for us. She didn’t need to say anything, she understood and now do do I.
    My heart just broke a little for you, Charmed Hour. I am so very sorry.
    HeartShapedBox and Lofty Bike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    I've read a lot of comments where women have very much sympathized with her, and thanked her for making it normal to talk about pregnancy loss rather than it being such a taboo subject at times.

I myself have never experienced a pregnancy loss, but my first reaction when I saw her post yesterday was shock and sadness for her and her family; it never crossed my mind that it was in any way attention whoring...
    I think it's because Chrissy does attention-whore a lot, so I can see why some are cynical about this. Of course a miscarriage has to be devastating; I certainly won't deny that. But we are seeing her in the hospital, this intimate and tragic moment. Her breast is hanging out of her gown; we don't need to see this. I think that a simple tweet or Instagram post would have sufficed.
    Trixie and DawnM74 like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!Ē Anonymous Introvert

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    It's a terrible tragedy. My only thought if their photos make them relatable to others that have gone through a similar experience and brought them peace, then it's worth it.
    Yes - their photos make them relatable to others who've experienced the loss of an unborn child.

I'm not necessarily a fan of either of them, but when I read of their loss, I understood their grief.

The loss of a child (born or unborn) is a profound loss. I pray for healing for both of them.

Charmed hour, I am so sorry for what you went through. There are no words to comfort someone when they have that type of loss.

I'm not sure if I can articulate this correctly but I believe that posting these images was a way of acknowledging Jack. Almost like this was his life and he existed and that it would be weird not to have him as part of the history she's recording on social media of her family life. The post on her mother's Instagram page pepperthai2 was heartbreaking.
    tiggle, rollo, o0Amber0o and 7 others like this.

I have no words, but lots of love for you brave strong women here.

As for Crissey, I have to admit to not knowing much about her but I do know she was on bed rest and also that she (a lot time ago) posted nasty stuff about Courtney Stoddard (like telling her to die) on her Twitter. In no way I am saying that she deserves this but just that people are complex.
    lindsaywhit and crayzeehappee like this.

Yeah, and that's why i'm not a Crissy fan.... telling people to die. AWFUL. I believe in karma. Anyway, I do feel terrible for her and John.

Charmed Hour, I'm so sorry for what you have been through I can't even imagine. Hugs to you and Dexter.
    BITTER and DawnM74 like this.

fgg

for me, as someone who doesn't have social media, it is unfathomable how these photos even get taken. i've seen so many people posing for a million selfies that this is my impression of how all of this goes. ok, we're going to hug and look sad so take several pictures of us. if it isn't that, then what kind of a weirdo is taking the pictures during such an intensely emotional time? how does one get a camera out and start the process after such a horrific experience?

^those thoughts have no impact on the sympathy i feel for them. i had tears in my eyes when i read her instagram post. i think she loves being a mom and can't imagine what she's going through.
    czb, Ravenna and DawnM74 like this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    Thank you guys, I'm so lucky and thankful that my story had a different ending than chrissy's.
    And what a cute little guy he is!!!
    dexter7 and Kittylady like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'm not sure if I can articulate this correctly but I believe that posting these images was a way of acknowledging Jack. Almost like this was his life and he existed and that it would be weird not to have him as part of the history she's recording on social media of her family life. The post on her mother's Instagram page pepperthai2 was heartbreaking.
    This... perfectly articulated, ScoobyDoo.

I just saw on TMZ that Teigens mom has posted a pic of herself holding the deceased child Jack. I'm sorry but wtf?
    effie2 and DawnM74 like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information