Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: Chrissy Teigen Suffers Miscarriage Following Hospitalization

Sorry, I think this is Kardashian-level shameless and narcissistic and indicative of a social media addiction. Taking the time to do a staged black and white photo shoot in a moment like this is not destigmatizing, it's vulgar and attention seeking and doesn't give due weight to the tragedy of the circumstances. A thoughtful post without the photoshoot would have been better and more heartfelt IMO, this just screams look at me feel bad for me. It's like taking a fucking selfie at a deathbed. Gross.
    SHELLEE, fgg, DawnM74 and 5 others like this.

Elite Member

I came her thinking the photos were completely unnecessary, just like when Hillaria posted the photo when she said she felt like she was miscarrying. Then again, I am very private about these things. After reading the comments from all of you, I guess who am I to judge. I can choose to ignore the posts if I'd like to.

I really feel for her and her family. This is tough stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    From what I've learned from the Ob-Gyn's I work with, under 24 weeks is considered a miscarriage, 24 weeks and over is a fetal demise. Parents will be given the fetus for burial if it is 24 weeks or more, don't know what happens with those under 24 weeks...
    Having just gone through this, I was told over 20 weeks is still-born, and if you make it to 22 weeks, cetrain level IV nicus will attempt to save the life of the baby. Where I live they told me my baby had a chance if I made it to 23 weeks, and thank goodness I made it to 26 (even though my baby was the size of a much smaller fetus). But there is a whole group of moms who promote 22 matters, which is a group that advocates for babies born at 22 weeks. I don't understand how things can be so cut and dry. If a baby is born, struggling to breathe, then how can we make the decision at 21 days plus 6 to place in mother's arms to die, but at 22 weeks (or 23, 24, depends on the NICU), an attempt will be made to save his life. Especially when you consider how hard it is to predict the exact age of a fetus.

It's just so heartbreaking, either way you slice it. And then all of these babies go through extreme struggles to continue to live, it makes you wonder if it is worth putting them through all of the pain. However, I will tell you, there is absolutely nothing like the will of a baby who wants to live. And once they are here, how can you decide when it's time to give up on them? Honestly, (again, only because I've been through this), I do find similarities between premature babies and our fur babies. No one can explain it, but sometimes you just know when it is time to keep fighting, or time to let go.

Back to this specific couple, she is living her story the way she lives a lot of her life, very publicly. I'm so sorry for them. Not the way I would have done things, because I knew I had a high likelihood of losing my baby, most of my friends and family didn't even know I was pregnant until he was born. But to each their own, at least she is consistently a fame whore.

So sorry Dexter.
    Solene likes this.

I'm so sorry, Dexter. Thank you for sharing.
    Solene likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalka View Post
    Sorry, I think this is Kardashian-level shameless and narcissistic and indicative of a social media addiction. Taking the time to do a staged black and white photo shoot in a moment like this is not destigmatizing, it's vulgar and attention seeking and doesn't give due weight to the tragedy of the circumstances. A thoughtful post without the photoshoot would have been better and more heartfelt IMO, this just screams look at me feel bad for me. It's like taking a fucking selfie at a deathbed. Gross.
    I don't know that I feel as strongly about it as you, but I hear ya. And I certainly wouldn't want photos taken of me at a time of grief. If someone else had taken them and sold them to a tabloid, we'd all be agreeing how awful it was to exploit them in their time of grief, and feel voyeuristic for looking. But they posed for the pics and posted them for the world to see! I seriously don't get that mindset. I guess since the world knew she was pregnant, they felt the need to announce it, but doing a photoshoot, including one with their dead child is way over the top for me.
    DawnM74 likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Ok seriously, she's sitting on that hospital bed, crying in despair at the loss of her baby and someone decided to squat down and take a picture of her? THAT'S what you do when someone is in such a state of grief? I wonder how many pictures were taken before they decided on that one
    DawnM74, aggie, dexter7 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    So sorry Dexter.
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    I'm so sorry, Dexter. Thank you for sharing.
    Thank you guys, I'm so lucky and thankful that my story had a different ending than chrissy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    Ok seriously, she's sitting on that hospital bed, crying in despair at the loss of her baby and someone decided to squat down and take a picture of her? THAT'S what you do when someone is in such a state of grief? I wonder how many pictures were taken before they decided on that one
    As a kid, I remember Life Magazine having pictures of this kind of stuff all the time. I think the black and white depiction also was kind of similar. I remember randomly picking up issues as a kid and just being bewildered at the horror and grief that some people were facing - situations that I never really knew existed until that moment. Lots of war stuff, too. In this instance Teigen and Legend are not only active participants, but I guess are kind of the publishers of it.
    I'mNotBitter and holly like this.

I get people being upset that they posted these photos on their Instagram, but to act like they're taking these pictures to get sympathy or whatever is ridiculous. There are organizations who exist for the purpose of taking these photos. It's not like they are the first couple to ever photograph their dead baby and they definitely aren't the first to post it to the Internet.

Everyone grieves/processes tragedy differently.

I've no judgement for how they process their loss or their lives as long as they aren't hurting anyone.
    firebrat1229 and OrangeSlice like this.

i think there's a difference between being a dick and posting a nasty comment directly on teigen's IG account, and stating an opinion about how much they chose to make public.
    i'm extremely private so i would never make photos like these public - especially not right after it happened. but if you're a non-private celebrity or someone who already posts private stuff on social media all the time, it probably seems normal.

dexter, i'm so so sorry. sending you hugs.
    Last edited by sputnik; October 1st, 2020 at 05:27 PM.
    Trixie and ConstanceSpry like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Dexter, I'm so very sorry. Thanks for sharing it with us. <3
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Bloke's neice lost her first child late in the pregnancy. She has pictures of her daughter at home and shared some on social media. In some ways it's a way of preventing people from denying the baby's existance, from sweeping it under the rug. Some people tried to act like it was something to be mentioned briefly and in hushed tones at the time and never referred to again. Some, when her second pregnancy was announced thoughtlessly asked her if she was excited about becoming a mum, to which she sharply (and IMHO) rightly corrected them that she was already a mum.

Bloke himself became a stillborn parent many years ago and it is STILL a source of pain. Every. Single.Year that the anniversary rolls around. He's of the generation who don't talk about it and I have to say that although many of you disagree with the decision to post images like this to social media it most definitely has helped Neice to cope with her loss better than her uncle has.

And to Dexter - a landslide of love to you and your devastatingly charming little one who makes my whole week each and every time you update xxx
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think there's a difference between being a dick and posting a nasty comment directly on teigen's IG account, and stating an opinion about how much they chose to make public.
    i'm extremely private so i would never make photos like these public - especially not right after it happened. but if you're a non-private celebrity or someone who already posts private stuff on social media all the time, it probably seems normal.
    Absolutely. I can post my opinion here, but to go to someone's twitter or instagram and say something negative about something like this, no way. It's one thing I really hate about social media.
    tulip, czb, HeartShapedBox and 5 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information