Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Chris Wallace Fat Shames Kelly Clarkson

Ewwwww...god...as a former "fatty", this shit irritates me to no end. Some of the most physically beautiful people I've ever met in my life have been some of the most horrible human beings. She's big. So what? I've seen recent pics of her and have def thought she could have made better clothing choices, but that has nothing to do with who she, or anyone, IS. I know this is a harsh gossip site, but I'd be surprised if almost anyone has any place to talk shit about someone else's appearance and have an actual leg to stand on.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

i think she looks fantastic now. she's got a great voice, and an even better outlook. fuck Chris Wallace and the other assholes.
    emkat and Kittylady like this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Kelly looks so happy and content now and that is all that matters (imho).

i think we should take a smelly, rotten, 2 week old deep dish pizza, covered in anchovies and shove it in Chris Wallace's smug, arrogant face!

Hmmm Deep dish pizza.. droolzz...
    emkat likes this.

Jim Morrison thin and heavier:

Elvis, thin and heavier:

Axl Rose, thin and heavier:
    dexter7 and I'mNotBitter like this.

Elite Member

Good for Kelly. She has that adorable baby and she's happy. I don't think she's been making the best clothing choices and that's what I've noticed more than anything. I've had my weight yo-yo for years. I totally get this. These men should STFU. I hate Fox.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Unfortunately, when most people look at those men, they can still see the contribution they've made to music history. Regardless of their physical attributes. And probably despite their physical attributes. It is so different for women in that industry. For women in general. There seems to be so much more understanding for men who let themselves go than for women.

I mean, I get it - we're hardwired to be attracted to attractive people. But it's bullshit that people who aren't blessed with a quick metabolism are seen as second class citizens when they don't want to count every calorie and spend hours in the gym. Yes, stay active and eat healthy food - that's a good thing. It's not necessarily going to make you skinny. I've been fighting this battle long enough at this point that I feel like it might as well be telling someone who's 5'2 that if they work hard enough, they'll be six feet tall.
    nwgirl, Mivvi21, Angeli and 4 others like this.

She had a baby recently, people should let up on her. Even if she hadn't had a baby, his comments would still be awful, but criticising a woman who has gained weight from pregnancy is just nasty. Not everyone loses the weight as quickly. It reminds me of Bryce Dallas Howard and all the crap she got for struggling to lose the baby weight. Sometimes people gain weight, they don't need to be criticised and shamed for it like it makes them less of a person.

Kelly has a lot of talent, a great outlook on life and a positive attitude - she's a great role model and I'm glad if she is happy and enjoying her life.
    Clubber Lang likes this.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

"She's tweeted something nasty about me? That's because she doesn't know me. I'm awesome!" Clarkson explained. "It doesn't bother me. It's a free world. Say what you will. I've just never cared what people think. It's more if I'm happy and I'm confident and feeling good, that's always been my thing. And more so now, since having a family I don't seek out any other acceptance."
    Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    I love that she said this. I wish everyone felt this way.
    i love it too. I've never paid any attention to her, but she has a fan now!
    faithanne and Islandgirl like this.

She seems like a really cool girl but she doesn't do herself any favors with her clothing choices. Her size wouldn't be much of an issue if she learned to accentuate her beautiful features. The night she was on Jimmy Fallon, I alternated between being in awe of her talent and thinking she'd make a really good Queen of Hearts.
    nwgirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Unfortunately, when most people look at those men, they can still see the contribution they've made to music history. Regardless of their physical attributes. And probably despite their physical attributes. It is so different for women in that industry. For women in general. There seems to be so much more understanding for men who let themselves go than for women.
    I don't know. The fat Vegas Elvis thing has been a topic for years. There is a whole cottage industry in the chunky Elvis impersonator doing awkward karate moves. And Axl Rose has become a meme:

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't know. The fat Vegas Elvis thing has been a topic for years. There is a whole cottage industry in the chunky Elvis impersonator doing awkward karate moves. And Axl Rose has become a meme:

Literally Lol'd.

I'm willing to admit I might be biased. It just seems like the true vitriol is reserved for the fat chicks. In and out of the industry.
    holly likes this.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuriCruise View Post
    She had a baby recently, people should let up on her. Even if she hadn't had a baby, his comments would still be awful, but criticising a woman who has gained weight from pregnancy is just nasty. Not everyone loses the weight as quickly. It reminds me of Bryce Dallas Howard and all the crap she got for struggling to lose the baby weight. Sometimes people gain weight, they don't need to be criticised and shamed for it like it makes them less of a person.

Kelly has a lot of talent, a great outlook on life and a positive attitude - she's a great role model and I'm glad if she is happy and enjoying her life.
    All of this.

Maybe she didn't want the usual tummy tuck-lipo-and whatever else while I'm here, that most other celebrity Moms tend to go with. You know, after delivering by scheduled c-section 5 weeks early.

She looks fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Literally Lol'd.

I'm willing to admit I might be biased. It just seems like the true vitriol is reserved for the fat chicks. In and out of the industry.
    I'm not that knowledgeable about the industry, but I feel like people were harder on Carney Wilson and Ann Wilson than on Kelly Clarkson, but I could be wrong. Clarkson seems to have a lot of inner reserve. She stood up to a major music producer when she wanted to cut an album her way, and it worked out.

I would think that Carney and Ann were before the age of the internet and all that has come along with it. Altho I agree that they endured their fair share of public criticism, especially Carney given her surgery that she shared via knee pads magazine and the subsequent Playboy spread she did, but even that I don't think would be on the same level as Kelly's current weight issues In terms of exposure.

Either way, I think history, and the public in general, are way kinder and more forgiving to weight challenged men than women. Again, might be my own personal bias.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information