Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Robinson: Taylor Swift sucks

The Black Crowes were fun and free spirited at the Atlanta Pot Fest back in '91, but apparently Chris has since turned into a pretentious little diva. Who cares if adults like Taylor Swift? Probably a lot of them have young daughters who look up to her, and they're just grateful she's not a skank. No need for him to feel threatened.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    What is with these guys bad mouthing other singers? What's the point, other then it makes them sound petty, immature, and completely unprofessional.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    Nothing much to add here, except I love you.

That's all.
    I love you too, Sylkyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I remember Miley singing on American Idol, and she started doing some kind of weird thing where she... how do I describe it... bending over and back up repreatedly, fast, like she was bending at the waist and slamming her head on an invisible table over and over. It was during an emotional part of the song. I guess it was to convey emotion. I was just sad that there was no actual table there.
    You mean the seizures that start shortly after the 2:20 mark?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10i6ezs0eEQ[/youtube]

don't get me wrong, taylor swift et al suck but the black crowes do too, albeit a bit less. what oasis are to the beatles, the crowes are to 70s american rock: essentially a cover band. unoriginal and repetitive. i can't tell their albums apart.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I remember Miley singing on American Idol, and she started doing some kind of weird thing where she... how do I describe it... bending over and back up repreatedly, fast, like she was bending at the waist and slamming her head on an invisible table over and over. It was during an emotional part of the song. I guess it was to convey emotion. I was just sad that there was no actual table there.

I think Taylor Swift is overrated, but not as much as Destinyy Hope Cyrus and Rhianna. None of them can probably really sing. But I find Twirly-fairy Swift the easiest to stomach (i.e. least hurl worthy) of these three.

And Chris Robinson's face does look like an unshaven snatch.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    "I find it embarrassing that adults are like, 'Taylor Swift is very talented.' She's not. She might be cute, but she's horrible."

Instead he should be embarrassed that his face looks like a wild unshaven snatch.
    Let me finish this bottle of wine and I'll go down on it. I always had a soft spot for him and the Black Crowes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Make that 3 members. I don't think she can carry a tune in a bucket, either.
    When I saw her actually sing live on TV I had to put it on mute because I was so embarassed. Which is saying a lot considering I like train wrecks and cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    You mean the seizures that start shortly after the 2:20 mark?
    Yes that I was thinking she did it more than twice but that was quite enough. Emotion!
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^ Ooh what a hardcore headbanger she is.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    And Chris Robinson's face does look like an unshaven snatch.
    If he shaved it off he'd look just like Ashlee Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Let me finish this bottle of wine and I'll go down on it. I always had a soft spot for him and the Black Crowes.

Her songs are all pretty much the same...I can't stand her.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Silver Member

Black Crowes are considered by many to be one of the great rock bands. Shouldn't this sort of thing be beneath Robinson? What does he care about these singers, some of who will probably disappear in a few years anyway?

Maybe he asked her out once and she said no.

Poor little Taylor. Gets dumped by guys, bad-mouthed by has-been rocker dudes, can't even accept an award without Kanye snatching the mic from her hand... Saw on MSN today where Kanye has been tweeting about how he "bled hard" over that whole debacle and he's gonna write a song that he hopes she'll perform. Again, in case anybody forgot, it's all about HIM.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by immature View Post
    Black Crowes are considered by many to be one of the great rock bands. Shouldn't this sort of thing be beneath Robinson? What does he care about these singers, some of who will probably disappear in a few years anyway?
    Exactly. It's like some old guy picking on a kid. She will either get better or fade away. Either way he should STFU. She seems to be a better role model than Spears or Cyrus.
    Oh, I offended you with my opinion? You should hear the ones I keep to myself.

She should take it as a compliment.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

If you take his point and apply it in general terms to the kind of overly-processed stuff that is swamping us these days then I have to agree with him. I'm sick of auto-tuning, of every little nuance and inference of genuine emotion being stripped from the vocals until you are left with something that is a triumph of computer-generated technical smoothness but totally sterile.

I'm bored with all this overly manufactured vanilla yoghurt music and the artist's image trumping talent. I'm sick of seeing supposedly live concert footage where the singer is actually 'singing' over their own pre-recorded vocals and laugh heartily when the reality of their shitty, truly live vocals hits the net. I may not be a fan of Amy Winehouse, but I can't deny that there is a raw, honest quality to her vocals that is sadly lacking in these production line pop-babies.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    What is with these guys bad mouthing other singers? What's the point, other then it makes them sound petty, immature, and completely unprofessional.
    Quote Originally Posted by immature View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nana51 View Post
    Exactly. It's like some old guy picking on a kid. She will either get better or fade away. Either way he should STFU. She seems to be a better role model than Spears or Cyrus.
    ^all 3 this. It is beneath him. Taylor is talented, more talented than the other female singers listed. Chris is talented too but he does seem bitter and like he could use a dose of class in his life. Really bitter sounding.

It just makes him sound whiny and bitter. I agree that a lot of pop music is overly computerized and the singers don't actually do much actual singing at all. But there are people who like to listen to it, whether Chris, me, or anyone else think it's crap. I generally do not listen, but if others do...no big deal to me. I happen to like the Black Crows, but I think it was petty of him to name names. I would generally think Taylor and the Black Crows have completely different fan bases, so why does he care? There have been people liking crap music for ages...it's not anything new.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information