Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 67
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Chris Pratt & Katherine Schwarzenegger Are Engaged

  1. #31
    Gold Member Daphodil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Posts
    824

    Default

    I adore him in movies and on Park and Rec. I cannot STAND him in real life. He's a preachy asshole.

  2. #32
    Elite Member Mrs P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crayzeehappee View Post
    Ugh. Don't get pets if you don't have the capacity to realize they are actual living beings and not just objects around to amuse you, that you can just throw away and ignore when they become "inconvenient" for you. Losers.
    Ugh, my oldest brother would always get unrealistic dog breeds for him to keep (Dobermans, Rotties, Australian sheep dogs) and he'd end up dropping them off at the animal shelter outside because he didn't want to pay the fee inside to turn them over. "Oh, they were tearing up my yard." Yeah douche, do your research because those breeds need to be walked every day, not ignored. Here I am having to avoid a friend's wedding out of state because I have to feed my elderly ferret medicine twice a day and make him mushy food to eat every 3-4 hours. Male side of my family is all "well it's just an animal, put it down" Uhm no, it's my fur kid and I stick with them until their time comes for the Rainbow Bridge.

  3. #33
    Elite Member Lofty Bike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Here I am having to avoid a friend's wedding out of state because I have to feed my elderly ferret medicine twice a day and make him mushy food to eat every 3-4 hours. Male side of my family is all "well it's just an animal, put it down" Uhm no, it's my fur kid and I stick with them until their time comes for the Rainbow Bridge.
    And that is how it should be.

  4. #34
    Elite Member manningmsj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Ugh, my oldest brother would always get unrealistic dog breeds for him to keep (Dobermans, Rotties, Australian sheep dogs) and he'd end up dropping them off at the animal shelter outside because he didn't want to pay the fee inside to turn them over. "Oh, they were tearing up my yard." Yeah douche, do your research because those breeds need to be walked every day, not ignored. Here I am having to avoid a friend's wedding out of state because I have to feed my elderly ferret medicine twice a day and make him mushy food to eat every 3-4 hours. Male side of my family is all "well it's just an animal, put it down" Uhm no, it's my fur kid and I stick with them until their time comes for the Rainbow Bridge.
    Preach. When my dog was paralyzed, the surgery she needed cost like $6000-$8000 grand, which my husband and I were unable to come up with in the 8 hour window she had to get the surgery (after 10 or so hours, the chance of reversing the paralysis through surgery goes down to the same odds as without). I called my father and begged him for a loan (he would have given it to me if he had it, despite his opinion), but after he said he couldn't do it, he called my mother and said, "I didn't want to say this to her, but I could just buy her a new dog." Which is exactly what he said to me when my previous dog died suddenly at nine (she arrested at the vet) as I was in the exam room holding her dead body. He called and told me how sorry he was and said he would buy me a new dog. I still remember thinking, "I don't want a new dog. I want this dog."

    To some, pets are disposable. You get rid of one, you get another. Like cars or shoes. My pets are all individual personalities and I rescued them because they each stole my heart in a different way. They are not interchangeable. Sally is not Sammy and Sammy was not Cappy and so and so forth. My kids are more alike than my pets.

    PS - my dog fully recovered without surgery and is turning 10 on February 19th.
    denny, palta, Brookie and 14 others like this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

  5. #35
    Silver Member denny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    651

    Default

    So happy that your dog got well again and is enjoying life at a good home. I agree with every word you said.
    I don't know what it is with pets and me. I'm sad about human beings and their sufferings. But with animals, it's so hard to me to bear. I often wish I could save them all somehow. They seem more innocent to me. At least we brought them willingly into our lives and they depent on us. They cannot talk and often cannot run away from bad things or bad keeping.

    My mom is getting old and deteriorating slowly as in very depressive and lacking in drive and has a 14-year-old cat. She lives 2-5 hours away from me, I took the cat to the vet yesterday because it lost some weight and it has bad ear infections. I told my mom and her boyfriend several times yesterday how to administer the ear drops but I don't know whether she will really do it. She forgot the vitamine booster the last 4 days I last saw her. The cat already lost some hearing because she didn't follow through with the medicine last time.

    I will call her today and ask her about the ear drops. Her boyfriend who lives with her is not really clever, has mental issues too and has no real connection with pets. I fucking hate this whole situation. I ponder what to do. Boyfriend and I have 4 cats together - we cannot take another one in, as we already have a peeing problem. I visit her weekly, but I can't be there myself to help with the cat as I have to care for my pets as well at home :-( My mom has had this cat her whole life and the cat is used to living with her in this flat.

    (Of course, I worry about my mum too and I help her at home, have scheduled doctor's appointments to evaluate her health, apply for help programms and stuff, have intensive talks with with my sister on what to do next health-wise etc...) But the cat, it cannot help itself.
    “You think I look like like a clown?” Kourtney shot back. “Well, you look you just won the Tour de France and you’re cycling around town.”

  6. #36
    Silver Member denny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    651

    Default

    Update: I finally called and she reassured me she really did administer the ear drops. I really dreaded this call. Regarding my mum and my pets, I dread feelings of helplessness. As long as I have a plan to follow through and am able to do something, all is good. Waiting for the vet's call tomorrow, they drew blood to check the cat's kidney and thyroid function and everything else. I don't want this poor kitty to be in pain. It's a real cutie and I love her although it is my mom's. It's a beautiful russian blue mix.
    Mrs P and Waterslide like this.
    “You think I look like like a clown?” Kourtney shot back. “Well, you look you just won the Tour de France and you’re cycling around town.”

  7. #37
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    I guess they got married and no one noticed, or they sold the exclusive story to some gossip rag. Was Baena there? Could be from the description of the guest list highlighted below. I'm thinking there is a baby on the way and they couldn't very well have their very religious wedding with a 7 mo. pregnant bride.
    https://www.eonline.com/news/1048059...-in-california

    Inside Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger's Wedding in California

    Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger's wedding was "classic and romantic," a source told E! News.The 39-year-old Jurassic World and Guardians of the Galaxy actor wed the 29-year-old author, daughter of Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger, at the lavish San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California on Saturday.

    A source said about 70 guests attended the ceremony. Among the attendees were Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn and Rob Lowe, as well as Maria's other children and Katherine's siblings, and Chris and ex-wife Anna Faris' 6-year-old son Jack.

    "Guests began arriving around 5 p.m. and were escorted to the lawn where a jazz band performed," the source told E! News. "Around 5:45 p.m., they moved to the ceremony tent which was adjacent to the lawn. There were lots of white flowers including hydrangeas and roses and lots of greenery."

    "It was classic and romantic," the source said. "Everything was beautiful and elegant. Guests were seated on long wooden pews which lined the rows."



    The bride wore a strapless Giorgio Armani white bridal gown with a long train and the groom sported a dark suit by the designer.
    "The train was so big she was laughing about it because she needed help as she walked," the source said. "She looked so excited to see Chris and had a huge smile on her face. Chris was in a dark suit, along with his son Jack who stayed close by his side."

  8. #38
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    24,123

    Default

    Was this a Catholic ceremony? He got an anullment?
    MsDark, Mrs P and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

  9. #39
    Elite Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,545

    Default

    I read an article that specifically said Baena was not at the wedding. I can't remember where, maybe TMZ. I personally think it's a bit cruel. I get that he's the product of a longtime affair right under their noses and it's something that has hurt their mother greatly, but IT'S NOT THE KID'S FAULT. He is innocent in all this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

    Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

    Don't tell me not to worry ... worrying is what I do best!


  10. #40
    Elite Member louiswinthorpe111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Middle America
    Posts
    13,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I read an article that specifically said Baena was not at the wedding. I can't remember where, maybe TMZ. I personally think it's a bit cruel. I get that he's the product of a longtime affair right under their noses and it's something that has hurt their mother greatly, but IT'S NOT THE KID'S FAULT. He is innocent in all this.
    I disagree. As someone who's father had long term affairs while married to my mother, any half sibling as a result would not be welcome, nor would the mistress. It'd be a knife in my mother's back.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

  11. #41
    Elite Member ConstanceSpry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,136

    Default

    ^^ I agree. It would be rubbing her nose in it and very awkward for him too.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

  12. #42
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    55,757

    Default

    of course it's not the poor kid's fault. but that doesn't mean the other kids have an obligation to seek out a relationship with their half sibling, and i think inviting him to any family events where their mother will be present would probably be awkward and uncomfortable.

    it would be great if the kids sought him out and wanted to have a relationship with him, but they're not under any obligation to do so either, and i wouldn't judge people for either decision. not like i'll judge katherine schwarzenegger for her decision to marry that douche chris pratt, or the whole family's choice to join the bieber hollywood evangelical church, hillsong or whatever it's called.
    ChemicalHelena and Waterslide like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  13. #43
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,140

    Default

    No, I guess the illegitimate son of the father of the bride has no place at a catholic/born-again evagelical wedding. I wonder how Pratt's red-neck brothers got on with the Kennedys.

  14. #44
    Elite Member ShimmeringGlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,296

    Default

    DM posted this as a possible photo of Anna Faris at the wedding, a day that Chris said was the "Best day of his life." His fans were disappointed by that statement, considering he has a kid. I will go back to ignoring him now.

    https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/chri...155512576.html



    Photo Link: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06...0063134387.jpg
    Waterslide and sprynkles like this.

  15. #45
    Elite Member Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I disagree. As someone who's father had long term affairs while married to my mother, any half sibling as a result would not be welcome, nor would the mistress. It'd be a knife in my mother's back.
    I agree

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 21st, 2018, 11:43 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 31st, 2018, 02:43 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: October 19th, 2017, 03:13 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 19th, 2014, 02:10 PM
  5. Chris Pratt's new look (NSFW, gory)
    By Eli in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 27th, 2007, 12:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •