Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Chris Pratt: ‘I’m pro-hunter, but elephant is something I would never shoot’

No idea who he is, but he sounds revolting and looks like he smells.
    Kittylady likes this.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    +1, and now I have no interest in finding out who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Well he's an arsehole and sounds somewhat stupid.. other than that I have no idea who he is either.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Hunting for food in season is okay with me, but most hunters shoot and kill for sport. I know in some areas of the US, Canada and Europe, when game like deer and rabbits populations increase they invite people to hunt, it's called culling or something, right? That doesn't bother me. I don't have a problem with poor people who have to hunt for food. But I'd never travel all the way to Africa and shoot game just to impress others and myself. Hunting for sport is sadistic.
    And creepy. "What do you do for fun, Mr. Smith?" "Well, I kill things. Most enjoyable."

Never has computed with me. Now you kill a game animal and eat it--a bit unnecessary for most people nowadays, but it isn't incomprehensible. The silly thing about Pratt's comments is that--going by the list of animals he gave--he basically wants to go to Africa to shoot deer, or exotic African versions thereof. Why bother? Idiot. Not that I think he should go shoot tigers or something but he just sounds so brainless.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post

Well, now we know why he isn't "Sexiest Man Alive." OMG, what a tool. I can't stop giggling - can you imagine the nightmare of being his publicist?

For the record, I am NOT laughing at the "hunting" remarks, particularly the coyote baiting. I'm trying, trying, trying to go vegan right now, though I'm frankly sceptical of my own success.... it's the dairy - milk, cheese, butter, etc. I love them sooooo much. At the same time, I live in Northern Michigan, and there are many, many families who depend on hunting to feed themselves and their children during the long, cold winters here. I also know that the coyote can be a deadly livestock/pet pest, but there's something about the way he talks about it that's disturbing.

Well, damn. I'm not giggling anymore. What an asshole.
    Yeah, it's weird when a grown human male talks about a coyote as if were some kind of video game opponent. Nah man, it's a living thing that bleeds and dies. For real. Ugh.

As for the dietary stuff--maybe start with vegetarianism and ease into the vegan lifestyle? My best friend did that. She found it easier, since she did have to learn some new cooking techniques and recipes to really live vegan. Plus sometimes she feels a jones for more protein or different textures than her vegan skills can put together. So she lapses a bit, especially if she gets a sense her body's lacking something it needs. I'd rather be flexible with diet and nutrition, but maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Well he sounds a lot like home...I met a lot of dudes like him in the redneckiest parts of north and central florida. There's good and less than stellar parts to people like this.

I gotta give some credit to his comments about not being willing to hunt elephants. There's potential there.
    Re: elephants, yeah, agree. I hope he meant it though.
    lindsaywhit, CL** and BITTER like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by faithanne View Post
    Aside from the hunting stuff, the entire interview smacks of douche though. He hates hotels. What the fuck does his son do at preschool. Nobody at work likes him. I don't even want to know the whole point of the childbirth spray - is he saying modern women have it easy, so shut up and have an epidural and make me another sammich, bitch? OK maybe I'm reading too much into it but he's an asshole.
    He sounds like an asshole, but I took his comment about child birth to be directed at modern women who choose to give birth at home, when professionals and epidurals are available. And he thinks that women of the past would agree with him. Yep, still an ass.

Is that a Nazi emblem on his hat?
    I didn't notice the hat until you mentioned it. The iron cross symbol on his hat is German, but it appears that the particular design is from the post WWII Germany. Also, I didn't know that the symbol has existed since 1219.

I have never hunted in my life (and probably never would), but I am seriously thinking about shooting in the ass with a BB rifle the groundhogs and deer that come through my back yard and eat stuff I'm trying to grow.
    BITTER likes this.

Add me to the list of people who don't know who he is. Mo, you'd go to jail if you shot a deer here.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Add me to the list of people who don't know who he is. Mo, you'd go to jail if you shot a deer here.
    Interesting. Not here. They seem to encourage hunting here to control deer population. One time, when Mrs. Mohandas and I were running through our neighborhood on an early morning, the County had posted a notice that there was going to be deer hunting the next day on the path into our neighborhood - at exactly the time we run through it. That was a little disconcerting.

In the late Fall, at the bottom of the street that adjoins ours, when we were driving to the gym around 5:30 am, we were seeing a handful of hunters getting out of their cars in their camos about to go hunting on the large farm that is next to our neighborhood. And we live in a suburban, not rural, area.

Do tell...

Way back in the day I worked for a medical clinic in Santa Monica. She came in for something and had some blood drawn. I went to check her out and give her her totals for the office visit. Fuck up #1, she took the band aid from her blood draw off, balled it up and tossed in front of me on my desk and said, here toss that for me. i pulled the little garbage can up and said, here...you do it. Don't ever toss a baid aid like that on my desk, freakin gross. Right then and there, the ghetto came out.

Whats his face from Beastie Boys was with her. Anyhoo, I gave her her totals and she pulled out her credit card so i could run it. Fuck up #2 and my last fuckin nerve.....Again, she just drops the card on my desk and says here, use that. I gave the card back to her and said No, you will hand it to me, not toss it on my desk like it was garbage. She tried to pull that "Do you know who I am" bullshit on me. I told her, I could give two shits who you are, common courtesy in a professional office is a must.

She asked for my manager, but one of the owners/Doctors came from from behind where our medical records were. She asked her, can I help you. This bitch said, you need to train your staff to learn how to treat a star. Both myself and the Doctor laughed so fuckin hard in her face. The Doc said, this is my place, I run this place, you don't get to come in here at try to act high and mighty and treat my girls like shit. I've seen your snatch and I know your secrets, so STFU (this was before HIPPA, like 1991-ish). To this day, seeing her face or hearing her name is a real sore spot for me. I hated her ever since. Tryin' to pull that shit on a ghetto bitch..hummmph
    BelledeJour, *Kat*, BITTER and 4 others like this.

This is such a shame because I'm a huge Parks and Rec fan.
    CL** likes this.

I've always hated that douche ever since he gave away the family cat on Twitter to some random person he'd never met because he and his wife were going to start trying fora baby. The cat was old and getting incontinent and he just threw away the poor thing like it was nothing. Really hit a sore spot with me cause I nursed my old cat in the last years of her life and it would have been unthinkable for me to give her up just like that for whatever reason.

He is hot because of Guardians of the Galaxy but with interviews like this I don't see it lasting. His inner assholishness is really showing. And I don't even care about the hunting thing, my dad is a hunter and is extremely respectful of animals and nature in general. It is just a natural state.

I do agree on what he says about home births, though. I don't get that at all. And as a father to a preemie he probably feels more strongly about it.
    LaFolie, DeChayz and sputnik like this.

^Thank you, I knew there was a pet-related reason I hated him.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Hunting for food in season is okay with me, but most hunters shoot and kill for sport.
    Exactly.

I have no issue with hunting to control vermin (like in Australia, hunting rabbits or foxes as they are introduced, feral pests that destroy the natural habitat for many endangered species) or hunting for subsistence for those rare few who genuinely do live off the land.

But anything else? Get fucked.

Such a pity. Pratt has always seemed like a generally nice bloke. This country hick bullshit can go back it's bags though....
    piperdiva likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post

And we live in a suburban, not rural, area.
    They had to do it in Princeton nj not too long ago. Too many car accidents caused by the deer.

They did a bear hunt last year in nj too, population control. It was pretty controversial.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

They do deer hunts here too, for population control. And, they allow bow hunting in town.

I know someone that went hunting in Africa. He said the local villagers love it when hunters come in because they will then have enough food to eat for a month. Can't he villagers hunt for themselves? *shrugs*
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information