Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Chris Brown on Racism: "I Identify With Trayvon 100%"

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Other than Brolin, most of the others are looked at in a very negative light by many people.

Penn is a gigantic asshole. Mel is fucking nuts. Tommy Lee is a douchbage that still thinks he's 16. And Charlie Sheen? Who takes him seriously?

James Brown was loved and he beat his wife.

Rick James did all sorts of fucked up things to women. But he is also loved.

Chris Brown is just a talentles, self entitled bitch, who needs to go the fuck away.
    \

i do think he gets a lot more hate than others who have done the same thing. yes, they are still looked at negatively, but not like he is. i think the reason is b/c we saw the pictures of the damage he did. hearing that a celebrity is arrested for domestic violence, and actually seeing it are two different things. i can't really think of any other instances in which we saw the impact on the victim, which is why it sticks so much. those images are continually being circulated and reigniting the public's rage. his continual whining about it doesn't help much either.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I do agree that if he were white people would have forgotten all about his woman beating ways by now. Here's 5 white men who got away with it and didn't suffer career wise - Taken from Chris Brown’s Not Alone: 5 White Celebs Accused of Hitting Women | Loop21.

Sean Penn: During his short-lived marriage to Madonna in the 1980s, this Oscar winner was arrested for domestic violence. Penn’s violent outbursts haven’t stopped. He completed an anger management course this past summer after attacking a photographer.

Charlie Sheen: A history of domestic abuse did not prevent this former “Two-and-a-Half Men” star from being one of the highest paid actors on television. In 2009, Sheen was arrested after his wife said he’d physically abused her and had done so before. In 1996, Sheen “pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of battery with serious bodily injury” after reportedly knocking his girlfriend unconscious. In 1991, Sheen even shot former fiancée Kelly Preston in the arm.

Mel Gibson: Both his ex-girlfriend and stepmother have accused this “Braveheart” star of domestic violence, but Gibson arguably garnered more negative press after he was caught making anti-Semitic and racist remarks. Prominent stars such as Whoopi Goldberg, Jodie Father and Madeleine Stowe of ABC’s “Revenge” have defended him.

Tommy Lee: Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee served jail time after pleading no contest to spousal battery of “Baywatch” star Pamela Anderson in 1998. Anderson was reportedly holding their infant son when Lee attacked her.

Josh Brolin: Actress Diane Lane called police in 2004 to report that actor husband John Brolin struck her during an argument. Brolin was arrested but Lane later dropped the charges. A rep for the couple said the Brolins were “embarrassed the matter went this far.”
    Not really. I actually resent Chris Brown attempting to blame racism for any consequences he's suffered for his repellent behavior. This is an insult to those who genuinely suffer from racism and prejudice.

TOTALLY disagree re: Mel Gibson. Two people speak up for him--RDJ, and Jodie Foster. That's it. People LOATHE him and his career is ruined. I'm sure he'll keep trying to make comebacks but he's a widely reviled figure now and he'll never get anywhere near his former status. Note: he's also despised for his racist remarks, not just his wife-beating bullshit.

Josh Brolin is a comparative nobody next to CB. And apparently his abused wife (and probably friends and family too) put up with him for years and didn't make a stink like Rihanna did. As she's finally divorced him, perhaps his next gf will not be so discreet and he will get the status he deserves in the public eye.

Tommy Lee: do agree to an extent but again...does anyone even give a shit about this guy? He doesn't have anything like the kind of prominent career CB does, AND he doesn't make a public display of himself on a regular basis like CB does.

Sean Penn: yes, BUT I feel his 'protected' status has a lot more to do with his power and presence in the business than the color of his skin. He is an established star, has been for decades, and unlike Mel, he hasn't gotten quite deranged enough to out himself. People cover for him because he has money and power. I hate this because I think he's sicker and creepier than anybody knows.

Denzel Washington, a star of (to me anyway) similar wattage and a black man, is also totally covered for by his coworkers in the business, family and friends. I don't know that he is violent towards women, but multiple accounts of what a complete dick and cheater he is towards women/his wife have emerged and then gone nowhere.

And remember Morgan Freeman's apparent unhealthy fondness for his very young--what was it, a stepdaughter? Step-grandaughter? See, I can't even remember! Do we ever hear anything about that anymore? Nope. People love him. His career is fine.

Another example: Eddie Murphy's thing for trannies. People like us who read celeb blinds and gossip have heard that but I don't think the general public has a damn clue, and again, people do cover for him imo. And consider Richard Pryor. Was there ever a bigger self-destructive, violent celeb fuckup? But people loved him and gave him endless passes till the day he died. Then there's Michael Jackson...jeeezus.

The best example of all IS Jay-Z. He keeps his mouth shut, and he's spent years and years quietly building the kind of power and status that will protect him from his shit, past and even present. Is he immune to criticism because he's black? Uh, no. Because he's good at what he does and he is in control of his public image and behavior.

Charlie Sheen: to me this is the only one I agree with bigtime in terms of his career viability surviving his trainwreck status, but again, I don't see what his skin color has to do with it. I think Sheen's career survival has to do with the openness of his ridiculous behavior; he's so fucking over-the-top that people perversely root for him. His status as a blatant addict and chronic fuckup ends up playing in his favor and excusing the genuinely sick shit he's done. He makes fun of his craziness and it becomes endearing--might we call that "the Richard Pryor technique"?

I think CB is completely recognizable as simply a nasty woman-beater--along with child abusers/molesters, that's probably THE most disliked 'type' out there. He's no pathetic addict, he's not mentally ill, he's just a jerk, a hollow, whiny, chickenshit bully who always takes out his self-pitying rage on people smaller than himself, usually his wife or gfs, and then blames others. Taking responsibility is not in his lexicon.

If Brown were a pitiful (yet charming) junkie like Sheen, or at least someone older and of the kind of status and power like Penn or Washington or Jay-Z, he wouldn't find his shit out on Front St. all the time.

Most of all, both he and his ex are HUGE attention whores who themselves keep calling attention to his violent proclivities and past record time and time again.

(And yet...people still buy his music, he's filthy rich, and the world is still full of women who'd fuck him at the drop of a hat, so why is he even bitching? He reminds me of LeAnn, another total asshole with a huge victim complex "my truth, my truth wah wah"...whatever. STFU.)

*disclaimer: please note that with the exception of Richard Pryor and Morgan Freeman, I hate all these assholes. And Alec Baldwin too.
    Sarzy, Ravenna, laynes and 1 others like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Oh an CB manifesto, Kathie I'm a little sad
    Kathie_Moffett and greysfang like this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

mjw
    Elite Member

Another example: Eddie Murphy's thing for trannies. People like us who read celeb blinds and gossip have heard that but I don't think the general public has a damn clue, and again, people do cover for him imo.
    Being possibly bisexual has nothing in common with being an abusive asshole.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerriBlank View Post
    \

i do think he gets a lot more hate than others who have done the same thing. yes, they are still looked at negatively, but not like he is. i think the reason is b/c we saw the pictures of the damage he did. hearing that a celebrity is arrested for domestic violence, and actually seeing it are two different things. i can't really think of any other instances in which we saw the impact on the victim, which is why it sticks so much. those images are continually being circulated and reigniting the public's rage. his continual whining about it doesn't help much either.
    The fact that he beat up a famous pop star, and the fact that he won't shut up crying about it, all while still acting out is why people bring it up.

He has no reason to complain since it didn't hurt his career at all.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Being possibly bisexual has nothing in common with being an abusive asshole.
    Of fucking course not.

But it could screw up a career in mainstream movies because many people are stupid and prejudiced.

And yeah, I know that Chris Brown isn't worthy of a manifesto. I was in a bad mood, I guess. I should stay away from asshole guy threads...they rile me.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

You manifesto if you need to, dear. Let it all out.
    greysfang likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    Strawberry would have to buy a ticket to get into the hall of fame. haha

Well he's in the Mets Hall of Fame. Bad enough..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information