Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: Chris Brown - Arrested for Felony Assault

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Wonder what his diagonisis is that they are prescribing psychotherapeutic medications. It is a broad class of meds used for things as simple as ADHD but usually are used more for things like schizophrenia, bipolar, anxiety disorders and depression. I'm not saying any disorder excuses him but if he is indeed diagnosed with a disorder why would we judge him any harsher than we judge Amanda Bynes? The differences are gender, race, and strength.
    I am so tired of young black men being unnecessarily medicated with psychotropic meds. ALL of the males (some as young as 12 or 13) in placement I've dealt with are on heavy duty meds like Seroquel (for "sleeping problems") and Trazodone. And they all have these vague diagnoses for "ODD" and other "disorders." It is absolutely ridiculous. This isn't necessarily a rant about Chris Brown, as I have no idea if he needs these meds or not, but I do know that a lot of young black men are taking them unnecessarily. I have confronted so many psychiatrists about this that it's sad.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if he's on something like Trazodone, they will sometimes prescribe it to treat aggression issues. Of course, it causes a whole host of other issues.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Chris Brown graduates from 90-day anger management program and is now working to rehab his music career | Mail Online

Chris Brown graduates from 90-day anger management program and is now working to rehab his music career
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 15:13 EST, 23 February 2014 | UPDATED: 15:14 EST, 23 February 2014

He just completed a stint at a live-in rehab facility and it seems he's already back to work.
    Chris Brown was spotted over the weekend filming a music video.

According to TMZ, the 24-year-old was shooting scenes at Universal City Walk.

Rehabbed: Chris Brown, pictured here at the Power 99 Powerhouse concert in Philadelphia on Oct. 25, 2013, recently completed a 90-day stay at a rehab facility for anger management and is already working on new music

The sighting comes after news broke that the Turn Up the Music singer had finished a 90-day anger management program.

The Forever singer was accused of assaulting Parker Adams in October, which violated his probation that stemmed from the 2009 assault of his then-girlfriend Rihanna.

Chris voluntarily checked himself into a Malibu, Calif. facility at the time but was booted after he threw a rock through his mother Joyce's car window.

Getting better: The 24-year-old is said to be extending his stay in rehab, although he was allowed spotted an event for 2nd Call in Los Angeles on Friday

After the incident, he was ordered to seek help at a different location.
    A source close to the musician told E! News on Saturday that the troubled artist had decided to extend his stay in treatment.

'It was his choice,' the source said. 'He will come out soon.'

Honoured: The hitmaker received the Second Chance At Loving Life Award and tweeted: 'Thank you 2nd Call for this amazing award tonight!'

The Turn Up the Music crooner has already made a few public appearances.

On Friday, he was honoured by 2nd Call with the 'Second Chance at Loving Live Award'.
    He is set to release his new album X on May 5.

New album: On Saturday, the R&B star revealed via Twitter that the release date of his latest album X will be May 5

But it seems Chris is accusing a former confidant of of trying to torpedo X.

'My old manager is leaking my NEW album music and refuses to give me my back up hard drive to sabotage my album. That's F'd up G!' he tweeted on Sunday.

While his music career is seemingly back on track, the performer still has legal troubles.

Parker is suing the rapper and his bodyguard for $3 million for the alleged October assault, and they are due in court on April 17.

Chris Brown graduates from 90-day anger management program and is now working to rehab his music career | Mail Online

His weight looks better. He doesn't look so Meth Zombie-ish in the wasting away department anymore.

He's still a jackhole though.
    SoCalMarie likes this.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

^ totally agree. Hope he's in remission for being an utter prick.
    ManxMouse likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Well it sounds like he took it seriously if he voluntarily extended his stay, I seriously hope he's managed to sort himself out. I wonder if he'll run back to Rihanna again
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I give him 6 months before he flips again.

Quote Originally Posted by Karistiona View Post
    Well it sounds like he took it seriously if he voluntarily extended his stay, I seriously hope he's managed to sort himself out. I wonder if he'll run back to Rihanna again
    I strongly believe his voluntary stay is to gather some good PR....I hope it was his decision for the right reasons, and not just a PR move/plan by his management.
    garysgirl1999 likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

I hope it works out for him. To extend his stay means he knows therapy helps! A lot of people don't grasp that!
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Chris Brown suffers from bipolar disorder, insomnia and PTSD, court hears | Mail Online

Court hears that Chris Brown's anger management issues stem from previously-undiagnosed bipolar disorder, severe insomnia and PTSD

By Juliet Paylor
    PUBLISHED: 19:06 EST, 28 February 2014 | UPDATED: 19:37 EST, 28 February 2014

Chris Brown made a sombre appearance as he attended his progress hearing at Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday.

And it's little wonder why, with legal documents obtained by TMZ detailing that the 24-year-old has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, severe insomnia and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

The singer's shock diagnosis comes as he completes 95 days of anger management therapy - having chosen to stay an additional five days more than his court-ordered 90 days.

+8

Shock diagnosis: Chris Brown kept his head down as her attended his latest progress hearing at Los Angeles Superior Court on Friday, where it was revealed he's been diagnoses with Bipolar II disorder

The official word from professionals treating the star at the rehab facility is that his anger issues stemmed from him inappropriately self-medicating.

'Mr Brown became aggressive and acted out physically due to his untreated mental health disorder, severe sleep deprivation, inappropriate self-medicating and untreated PTSD,' TMZ reports the facility as writing in their affidavit.

They go on to state that the Forever hitmaker is now on proper medication to treat Bipolar II, along with his other conditions, and is making great progress, while he tested negative for drug use during his incarceration.
    He is said to have learned invaluable relaxation exercises during his rehab stint and is getting up at 5am and 'working hard'.

+8

Inappropriate self-medicating: The court heard from the rehab facility in which he recently completed 95 days of anger management treatment that his issues stem from previously-undiagnosed bipolar disorder, severe insomnia and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

+8

'Mr Brown's attitude has been beyond exemplary in regard to his community service': The sombre star remained silent during the hearing, which stems from his 2009 assault of then-girlfriend Rihanna, as the court heard of the great progress he's been making

It was also noted that Chris's 'attitude has been beyond exemplary in regard to his community service responsibilities'.

The troubled star kept his head down and eyes trained at the floor as he sat through the hearing, which stems from his 2009 assault of then-girlfriend Rihanna.
    He was dressed smartly in a shiny grey suit and white collared shirt as he sat alongside his lawyer, sporting facial hair, nose ring and diamond earring, his neck tattoos visible emerging from the neck
    of his shirt.
    Taking to Twitter following his court appearance, the singer got philosophical as he wrote: '
    Never really goes the way u plan.
    #LIFE.'

+8

Dressed to impress: The 24-year-old looked smart in his shiny grey suit and collared shirt as he arrived at the court house wearing his signature nose ring and diamond stud earrings, with his tattoos visibly emerging from the neck of his shirt

+8

'Never really goes the way u plan. #LIFE': The troubled star took to Twitter to post this selfie on Friday afternoon, before getting philosophical with the message about life

+8

Getting philosophical: The Forever hitmaker posted this message to Twitter following his court hearing

The news of his diagnosis comes hot on the heels of reports that Chris has reignited relations with Rihanna, with the pair texting constantly since her 26th birthday on February 20.

It comes as quite the kick in the guts to his on-again, off-again girlfriend Karrueche Tran, who has reportedly been kicked to the curb once more for her love rival.

Following his release from the Malibu rehab facility on Thursday, the star is said to have unfollowed the pretty model on Twitter.
    Karrueche, meanwhile, doesn't appear to be dwelling on the split - posting a photo to Instagram holding a note that reads, 'Treat your girl right', and living it up at OK! Magazine's pre-Oscars party held at Greystone Manor on Thursday night.

+8

Showing Chris what he's missing! Karrueche Tran didn't appear to be dwelling on the couple's split as she hit up OK! Magazine's pre-Oscars party on Thursday night, looking amazing in a slinky midnight blue silk dress that revealed plenty of sideboob

+8

'Treat you girl right': The pretty model reacted to Chris dumping her and unfollowing her on Twitter by posting this empowering message

Chris Brown suffers from bipolar disorder, insomnia and PTSD, court hears | Mail Online

Elite Member

I wonder what sort of traumatic stress he's been under.
    Bombshell likes this.

^ I'm thinking stuff from his childhood that he never got help for..
    CL** and Sunrider like this.

Am I remembering correctly in that something in the back of my head is recalling a story he told proudly (at least once) to reporters about having sex for the first time when his age was a single digit? Like...8 or 9? I'm sure if that is in his childhood, there's probably some other stuff lurking there.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

^ Yep, when he was 8. Ugh.

And it's little wonder why, with legal documents obtained by TMZ detailing that the 24-year-old has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, severe insomnia and post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
    Fuck TMZ. This medical information is nobody's damn business. And I hate Chris Brown.

Elite Member

That's a great photo of Chris at the 2nd Call meeting, he has a nice smile and yes he is looking so much healthier and happier now.

Chris has been to hell and back and yes he has taken people with him (Rhianna & Karrueche) and collected a lot of demons.

But it now looks as though Chris has reached a point where he knows something HAS to change and he can't keep heading the way he was.. because i think, he was lost.

Hopefully he has a better future to look forward to and can lose his demon collection.

i wish Chris, Rhianna and Karrueche all the very best and hope things work out for each of them.

Will probably get an arse kicking for this post, but i'm just saying what i'm thinking.
    Last edited by *Wookie-Chick*; March 2nd, 2014 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Forgot to add something.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information