Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Chris Brown accused of battery in Las Vegas

Elite Member

i'm terrible at trying to explain what i mean, so please bare with me, and please be gentle.. haha

Yes, Christopher is a man of 26 years of age, and yes he should have his shit together.. but life isn't always like that though.

Also putting aside any drug or alcohol issues .. His mental health and self-worth must be shot to pieces .. he has had 6 years of public hatred constantly in his face.

*Yes, what he put Rihanna through was absolutely horrific!* .. but how are either of them supposed to heal and move on with their lives, when the incident is frequently brought up?

i guess the point i'm trying to get to, is this.. Why does Chris garner quadruple the amount of hate and anger from the public, when there are other celeb who are DV abusers out there who are equally and in some cases even worse (trying not to turn this into a pissing contest). .. it has always puzzled me?

Sean Penn, tied Madonna to a chair and beat the living shit out of her!.. gawd knows what he put Robin Wright through, and what he is doing to Charlize behind closed doors?

Tommy Lee (Motley Crue drummer) frequently beat Heather Locklear to a pulp and who the heck knows what he put Pamela Anderson through?

Emma Roberts turned her boyfriend's (Evan Peters) face into a meat patty.

And there are many others of course..

Oh man.. i don't know? .. people are such complex creatures.

Guess i have a real soft spot for some troubled souls (Chris, Rihanna, Norman Reedus and heck even the fractured flamed haired Lohan maiden sometimes).

Thanks for reading my post.. and i'll try and work up the courage to come back in and read any replies (i can be a big chicken at times

Elite Member

That's a good question. I don't understand why he's gotten more of a backlash than the rest but I suspect it's because those horrific photos were released, usually photos of a beaten and bloody superstar girlfriend/wife don't see the light of day.

Edited to add: If he didn't want to have to deal with 6+ years of public hatred he could've just, ya know, not tried to kill her.
    Nevan and lindsaywhit like this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Elite Member

Hi Clubber,

Yes that's very true.. but some people do things in the heat of the moment that they very quickly regret .. yes it did seem as though Chris didn't show much regret for what he did, whilst he did do several public apologies.. they just felt like he was ordered to do them for public relations.

But we don't know what went on with any meetings that he had with Rihanna, after the incident occurred... maybe he did apologize to her... we just don't know?

Sean Penn has never shown any regret for his actions either (to my knowledge)... but again.. we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, so to speak.

Human emotions are crazy things, with anger being one of the craziest and frequently the most unpredictable.

Funny, I never bought any part of his "redemption" story. Man in the Mirror my ass. The asshole in the mirror was a pedo, and he is a violent thug with the impulse control of a two year old. And for me, Wookie, he hasn't gotten enough scorn over the past six years. If they don't like public opinion, get out of the public eye. He could write, produce, whatever, all behind the scenes, and still make a living. I want him to get the appropriate justice for his actions, regardless of how much I loathe him, or how big your soft spot for him is, Wookie.

I do agree that the court of public & celebrity opinion is a fickle and incomprehensible bitch. Why do Sean Penn, Emma Roberts, Roman Polanski, etc., get a pass from their liberal, activist, buddies? But I extend that to Chris Brown - why would anyone make any kind of deal with a man who wears the beaten face of his ex across his neck like a medal of honor?

My best guess? $$$$ and secrets. Everybody wants the one and has the other.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Elite Member

Wait, what's up with Emma Roberts?

Also Wookie, I can understand giving people second chances but the issue here is that Chris' celebrity has afforded him chance after chance after chance after chance and he continues to offend. I think the public and the courts have (rightfully) grown tired of his insincere act as he's failed to show any true remorse or change in a positive direction.
    And If I had to make an educated guess, I'd pretty much guarantee that CB has beat the shit out of his last gf Karrueche Tran, but paid her ass to keep quiet. A leopard doesn't change his spots, just my opinion.
    Serendipity, greysfang and Nevan like this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Elite Member

Hi Lindsay and Clubber,

i bloody LOVE your posts, ladies .. you make such great points.

Can you imagine all the horror and cover-ups that go on in the entertainment industry?.. Holy crap they would be bad.

Chris really is going round in a vicious circle..

Oh hang on *light bulb moment* .. He is the one who who has to admit to HIMSELF that he has problems and get help to work on his issues.. (The penny finally dropped in this wookie's brain!.. haha .. it takes a while but i does usually get there in the end.. mostly

Karrueche Tran is beautiful lady and yes she apparently has gone through hell with Chris too

i was just reading that she has allegedly taken him back again.. He is such a magnet for both her and Rihanna .. yikes.

And here is a pic of his daughter 'Royalty'.. her mother is Nia Guzman-Amey... And Nia is trying to get money out of Chris so he can have his name put on Royalty's birth certificate .. bloody hell what a mess!

(i make such a mess of posting articles, so i'll just leave the link, if that's okay?)..

Chris Brown & Royalty’s Birth Certificate: Singer Seeking Legal Rights To Daughter - Hollywood Life

Aww look, i'll work on hardening up my soft spot (gawd that sounded bad!)... and yes i wish Karrueche, Rihanna, Chris and especially Royalty, all the very best and hope things work out for them.
    Clubber Lang and lindsaywhit like this.

lindsaywhit likes this.

I wish Chris all that he deserves - Time is prison where he becomes Bubba's bitch.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

poor child. why would anyone procreate with a loser like this? for the money? "oh don't worry baby girl, your daddy's a criminal and generally known as a douche, but let's go wipe your tears with these $100 bills". fucking idiot.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information