Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Chloe Grace Moretz is dating Brooklyn Beckham

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Yea,..I brought up the old term "going out" to my daughter. I was laughed at. Hell,...I'm glad I am old and married. To much shit to keep up with any more.
    Ha, I remember using the term "going out" to my parents. They'd always ask, going where?

Serious question: is it considered offensive to get a Native American tattoo? It seems like some people would get major shit for that. I didn't even remember David Beckham having one.

Are he and Chloe still dating?
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Elite Member

My son started dating last summer at 15. His first "date" was me driving him to a local park with a greenway around the lake and they just met there and walked for a couple hours. They also went to a movie at some point. Sometimes they walked around the neighborhood (she lived in the one next door) together, but mostly they texted and talked at school. They broke up sometime in January, but he has another girlfriend now. She's invited him over to her house for a bonfire (parent supervised) and they've been to a couple of movies together (parents drop off and pick up).

So the kids here refer to it as dating.
    panic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs P View Post
    Ha, I remember using the term "going out" to my parents. They'd always ask, going where?
    I used the word going out too. What do they call it now? I'm guessing "dating"

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post
    Serious question: is it considered offensive to get a Native American tattoo? It seems like some people would get major shit for that. I didn't even remember David Beckham having one.

Give it some time. I'm pretty sure the offended people will be speaking up soon about his Native American tattoo. Just like people get shit for dressing up like one for Halloween.
    arie_skop and Waterslide like this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Here's a different situation: Parents with teens who are dating look at me like I have two heads when I say that DarkJr is not, and has never dated anyone yet at 18.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    Here's a different situation: Parents with teens who are dating look at me like I have two heads when I say that DarkJr is not, and has never dated anyone yet at 18.
    I don't think I had either by 17 or 18. I remember being at the house of my best friends' parents, who had two sons the same age as my brother and me. I could overhear my dad talking to the other dad, saying, "He hasn't dated anybody and hasn't shown any interest at all." I felt bad, but going to an all-boys high school (which was my stupid idea in the first place) really hurt my ability to connect with women.

Well, there you go. DarkJr goes to an all boys high school. I'm convinced the reason he joined theater in jr year was because that's the one activity shared with the sister schools. (Cause, yknow need girls for girl roles).
    MohandasKGanja likes this.

czb

i think most high schoolers around here don't date one-on-one. they just go out in M/F packs.
    greysfang and Waterslide like this.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i think most high schoolers around here don't date one-on-one. they just go out in M/F packs.
    That concept seems to go back a ways, too. A LONG time ago, when I was in college, there was this gorgeous, Portuguese woman (my age) that I wanted to go out with, and things looked great, and when we were setting things up to go out, she was basically saying that we would be going out with her friends on the date. I pulled back - it felt really weird to me - like I was being group vetted/judged by her friends. In retrospect, I would have gone, but the idea of it really took me by surprise.

czb

i don't think they do it here to 'vet' people, i think kids like to keep it casual and just hang out.

seems like that might be a good thing in HS. might be more awkward in college.

Yep, the kids here mostly date in packs too, except the idiots planning to get married already.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterslide View Post

'No regard for the violent history of indigenous people': Brooklyn Beckham accused of 'disrespect' over 'meaningless' Native American tattoo

By Becky Freeth for MailOnline
    PUBLISHED: 17:13, 4 April 2017 | UPDATED: 22:11, 4 April 2017

Brooklyn Beckham has come under fire over his 'disrespectful' first tattoo.
    The forearm inking, which directly mimics his father David's, is an illustration of a Native American in traditional headdress, which he showed off on Instagram on Sunday.
    And while some called it 'awesome', 'beautiful' and 'great,' some accused the teenager, 18, of 'disregarding the violent history of indigenous people' for a 'cool' aesthetic.

+1

Disrespectful? Brooklyn Beckham has come under fire for his Native American tattoo (pictured on Tuesday), which began his collection at the weekend

Brooklyn has yet to reveal the meaning behind his landmark first inking, and David's rib cage replica is similarly one of the few he has never disclosed the story of.

A representative for the family has been contacted by MailOnline for comment.

Read more: Brooklyn Beckham 'disrespectful' over Native American ink | Daily Mail Online

Waterslide likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I knew it was coming.
    Waterslide likes this.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

But but... People thought it was precious when my dad did it!
    Waterslide likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

With regard to that tattoo - it looks like a reproduction of a Sitting Bull photographic portrait. I guess people could argue whether someone should or should not be allowed to tattoo historical figures on themselves. But I doubt it was done out of disrespect. Sitting Bull was the guy who kicked General Custer's ass at Little Bighorn.
    panic, SoCalMarie and Waterslide like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information