Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: ChloŽ Sevigny: Having babies in your 30s ‘unfortunately ages women’

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_On_TheWall View Post
    Having a baby at any ages probably ages anyone. Babies be hard.
    I'll say one thing - I've never heard of someone thinking that having a baby is a great way to get in shape. You're bloated, get stretch marks (potentially), have your breasts inflate, and then deflate. Sprain things because relaxin is turning your joints into jelly.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I think she looks a lot younger than 41. I was surprised to read that she was in her 40's, but then I realized that I've seen her around for ages.
    I thought younger, too. Like mid 30s.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    She does have great legs though.
    She actually has had, over the years, a REALLY nice body overall. I think it was showed to overall maximum effect in the fashion magazine Purple. NSFW links below:

https://assets.rbl.ms/2588499/980x.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0...s1600/inez.jpg
    KrisNine likes this.

Yeah, but imagine what her eggs look like.

Poor bastards.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

Elite Member

I keep reading this thread and trying to figure out how to respond. First of all, full disclosure -- I can't stand this woman, so that probably impacts my view of what she says.

Getting older is what ages you. Your genes and your lifestyle impacts how it will show up on your face/body. Having a baby certainly changes your body...at any age...but I wouldn't say it ages you. Stress does. Life does. How you handle things does, but I wouldn't blame pregnancy/having the baby on how you look in your 40s. There is so much more to it than that. Whatever.

I really don't like her. I hate her fashion sense and I want to smack her smug face.

Yeah well my theory is that her face was always busted-looking so there was no visible drop-off in looks since she never had great looks in the first place.

And she may look younger than she is, but what's the point of being well-preserved if it's a well-preserved ugly?

To me, she always looked mid-to-late 30's, even when she was in her 20's.

czb

i neither like nor dislike her. i never knew much about her, except jay mcinerney (who i really like) deifies her. she was good as a sister-wife, i've never seen her in anything else. but i will say the excerpts from this interview (not interested enough to read the whole interview) make her sound like a tool.

I easily would have thought her in her mids 30's as well. I think she has a very interesting face, and I don't mean that negatively. There's something compelling about her.

I loved her - LOVED her in "Zodiac", which was the David Fincher film about the hunt for the Zodiac killer. She gave an unusually subtle performance (for her) because she was basically playing the very patient wife of a guy (Jake Gyllenhal) obsessed with figuring out who Zodiac was. Plus, she was wearing glasses.

Maybe just me, but her forehead looks hella botoxed in these pics...or perhaps just airbrushed.
    Or maybe Vincent Gallo's cock is the fountain of youth.
    Beeyotch, BITTER and DawnM74 like this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

I just saw this posted today:

Padma Lakshmi on why motherhood ruins women's figures and how she keeps own diet on track | Daily Mail Online

'You become a human garbage can!' Padma Lakshmi on why motherhood ruins women's figures... and how she keeps her own diet on track

By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER
    PUBLISHED: 09:20 EST, 10 June 2016 | UPDATED: 12:27 EST, 10 June 2016

Read more: Padma Lakshmi on why motherhood ruins women's figures and how she keeps own diet on track | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

As the presenter of Top Chef, her love of food has made her a star.
    But Padma Lakshmi says it's not the delicious treats cooked up on the top rated show that ruin her waistline - but her daughter's leftovers.
    Explaining the effect of motherhood on her diet, Haute Living's June/July covergirl said she has to monitor what she eats.
    'Sometimes I get up in the morning and I just say to myself, nothing nonessentials goes in the mouth today because when you have a child you tend to become a human garbage can,' she explained.

Padma tries to eat a diet based 50per cent upon plants, and 50per cent on protein from eggs, chicken or fish.
    But while she avoids eating 'garbage', she doesn't subscribe to any trendy diet plans.
    'People tend to latch onto some kind of diet that is prescribed in a popular new book, then everyone gets on the bandwagon, whether its the South Beach Diet, the Paleo Diet.
    'These diets can be helpful because they limit starch, sugar and grains. But, most of these diets don't take. It should really be about common sense, you can just say to yourself "I'm only going to eat lean protein, fresh fruits and vegetables, and a few starches.

However the 45-year-old has sympathy for those who struggle to stick to restrictive diet plans.
    'No two people are alike, they don't take into consideration your activity level, your genetics, and mostly importantly what you grew up eating. Its going to be hard for someone that grew up with a traditional American diet to subsist on sushi.'
    Her interview came as Padma promoted her new book Love, Loss, and What We Ate.

Read more: Padma Lakshmi on why motherhood ruins women's figures and how she keeps own diet on track | Daily Mail Online

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Or maybe Vincent Gallo's cock is the fountain of youth.
    That scene in "The Brown Bunny" is still all I can think of when it comes to her. How she could possibly be with a maniac like Gallo at all and worse - do that scene, giving this egocentric asshole the chance to exploit her forever (I think he never stopped saying that she really gave head on camera) - she must be an airhead par excellance.
    HeartShapedBox and DawnM74 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty Bike View Post
    That scene in "The Brown Bunny" is still all I can think of when it comes to her. How she could possibly be with a maniac like Gallo at all and worse - do that scene. She must be an airhead par excellance.
    It was the first time I realized women did something like that! Quite the shocker!
    Lofty Bike likes this.

Semi off topic, but I went to Vincent Gallos homepage, where he offers his sperm for 100.000 $, if you are not black or jewish:

Mr. Gallo maintains the right to refuse sale of his sperm to those of extremely dark complexions. Though a fan of Franco Harris, Derek Jeter, Lenny Kravitz and Lena Horne, Mr. Gallo does not want to be part of that type of integration.
    Under the laws of the Jewish faith, a Jewish mother would qualify a baby to be deemed a member of the Jewish religion. This would be added incentive for Mr. Gallo to sell his sperm to a Jew mother, his reasoning being with the slim chance that his child moved into the profession of motion picture acting or became a musical performer, this connection to the Jewish faith would guarantee his offspring a better chance at good reviews and maybe even a prize at the Sundance Film Festival or an Oscar.
    Chloe, how could you? Everyone else would already vomit when he just goes by.
    (I'm not even sure if he is just trying some really bad attempt at cynicism, or if he is totally out of it with ego, but in the end, he is a racist asshole either way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post

And she may look younger than she is, but what's the point of being well-preserved if it's a well-preserved ugly?

Btw, I don't think she is ugly, I think she is interesting looking, but this comment was hilarious!
    arie_skop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    Such bullshit. I've known women who were in their thirties, even forties who look amazing for their age. I believe it's how well you take care of yourself is what keeps you youthful looking. I've also known women who have had babies in their twenties who look much older than their age due to their lifestyle.
    That's right, I think it comes down to lifestyle and how well we take care of ourselves. Look at Lindsay Lohan and compared to someone like Alexis Bledel or Marion Cotillard
    DawnM74 likes this.

Having a manchild for a husband and furkids also can age you in your 30s.
    arie_skop and DawnM74 like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information