Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Chelsea Handler: You are evil if you have no girlfriends

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I do have to agree with Chelsea on the one point she made about Angie. I do think there is something to be said about a woman that has NO female friends.
    Every once in a while I'll either hear directly, or see a quote, by a woman to the effect that all their friends are guys, or that they get along with guys much better than women. I think it's kind of weird, and certainly not a badge of honor, that there is a whole gender/class of people that you don't get along with or don't know how to relate to.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Every once in a while I'll either hear directly, or see a quote, by a woman to the effect that all their friends are guys, or that they get along with guys much better than women. I think it's kind of weird, and certainly not a badge of honor, that there is a whole gender/class of people that you don't get along with or don't know how to relate to.
    Angie seems to have a very politically conservative outlook. She's a fan of Ayn Rand, a selfish narcissistic skunk of a Miss Ogyny. Think about it. Does Sarah Palin have any female friends? I doubt it. Now think about the friendships of more liberal women. Remember Ann Richards and Molly Ivins? What a pair.

An Anne Morrow Lindbergh quote I've always found interesting:

Men kick friendship around like a football, but it doesn't seem to crack. Women treat it like glass and it goes to pieces ...

Mrs. Lindbergh is still right about men, but I think women have evolved our friendships since her time into something more realistic and mature. Women of today are not as afraid of brutally frank dialogue and interactions, which serve to strengthen bonds of friendship. Angie has a lot of issues she probably doesn't want to talk about. This would certainly inhibit friendships with anyone of either gender.

I don't know if she has any friends, male or female. She is a pretty private person it seems. Over the last 10 years you only seem to see her photographed for specific things,...like being out and about with her children and/or hubby doing the whole family thing, or her on her current movie set with a co-actor possibly, or her out at red carpet premiers or charity events, and especially when she is out doing her humanitarian rounds. She is usually alone in these pictures, or with her kids or hubby. You never really see her out with a friend, male or female. I do hope the gal has some close friends, whether they be male or female. Everyone needs at least one close person to call a friend.

I don't necessarily think your evil if you are a women with no female friends, but it would make me a tad suspicious of you. But that is just my take on it, and it may be a tad warped.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I don't know if she has any friends, male or female. She is a pretty private person it seems. Over the last 10 years you only seem to see her photographed for specific things,...like being out and about with her children and/or hubby doing the whole family thing, or her on her current movie set with a co-actor possibly, or her out at red carpet premiers or charity events, and especially when she is out doing her humanitarian rounds. She is usually alone in these pictures, or with her kids or hubby. You never really see her out with a friend, male or female. I do hope the gal has some close friends, whether they be male or female. Everyone needs at least one close person to call a friend.

I don't necessarily think your evil if you are a women with no female friends, but it would make me a tad suspicious of you. But that is just my take on it, and it may be a tad warped.
    I don't think it's evil not to have female friends--there could be a number of factors involved that someone outside the situation wouldn't understand. But I don't believe if Angie had friends she would be so private about it she's never photographed with them. All of the examples you mention are photos that happened because Angie wanted them to. She's all about her image and PR. She has it all carefully arranged. Angie and her people are absolutely aware of the discussions about her not having any friends. If she had any, they would trot them out.
    MmeVertigina likes this.

I have more male friends than female friends, always had. But my bff and I have been together for almost 30 years now. I'm more suspicious of people with lots of friends, but no one they've known for years.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I do genuinely get on better with men than women but I don't see it as a badge of honour. I have friends of both gender but the ones I get along the best with and am closest to are all guys and it's always been the same since I was a child; my best friends back then were boys and my best friends now are men. I don't think it makes me particularly weird, more that I'm not one of life's 'girly-girls' and therefore naturally gravitate to the people who are more likely to share my interests.
    Seapharris7 likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Gah! I read that whole damn article in her voice.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Angie seems to have a very politically conservative outlook. She's a fan of Ayn Rand, a selfish narcissistic skunk of a Miss Ogyny. Think about it. Does Sarah Palin have any female friends? I doubt it. Now think about the friendships of more liberal women. Remember Ann Richards and Molly Ivins? What a pair.

So now your political affiliation not only decides if you're a racist or not..but it also determines what kinds of friendships you have?

I just love this board sometimes.

^ I know. GR has a the skills to analyze people who actually know little about. LOL
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    Does Angie even have any male friends?
    Sure. Her ex-husbands. And probably her dealer.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

She seems close to her brother. Can a sibling be concidered a friend? I know you can be close, or friend like with a sibling, but wouldn't know if it is the same relationship, since I am an only child. I always dreamed of having one as a kid.

She seems close to her brother.
    Understatement of the year!

*cue Mel and the brotherfucker song*
    laynes and I'mNotBitter like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Yea,...that is pretty friendly. Maybe he moves into the "brother and more than a friend" group.

Brother with benefits?
    Mercer, laynes and Kathie_Moffett like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

St Veiny could have lots of friends or not a single one for all we know and the same can be said for a lot of celebs. The media generally doesn't take much notice of that sort of thing unless the friend is a celeb themselves or does something spectacularly stupid or criminal.
    greysfang and 00Kimmi00 like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information