Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: "Cheaters" Host Clark Gable III, 30, Found Dead at Home

His dad used to do some off-road racing for Ford. I was on the off-road racing core group and made sure management types got to see their automotive parts tested out in the desert. I met John Clark Gable at a race in Vegas; he was with his "girlfriend", a bleached blonde with dark lip liner. Nice guy but about as vapid and vacuous as you'd want to meet. Never worked, lived off his $30M trust fund and did whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted (he didn't last in the racing world either, too much discipline). Not surprising that his son would have drug problems.
    rollo, BITTER and ShimmeringGlow like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    His dad used to do some off-road racing for Ford. I was on the off-road racing core group and made sure management types got to see their automotive parts tested out in the desert. I met John Clark Gable at a race in Vegas; he was with his "girlfriend", a bleached blonde with dark lip liner. Nice guy but about as vapid and vacuous as you'd want to meet. Never worked, lived off his $30M trust fund and did whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted (he didn't last in the racing world either, too much discipline). Not surprising that his son would have drug problems.
    You called that one right, Brookie. Did you guys see the DailyMail's followup on this? Wow - this family sounds like a bigger mess than the Barrymores.....:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-funeral.html

XCLUSIVE: 'Cremate him - he's not going in my family's plot.' Son of Clark Gable has refused to pay for his own son's funeral or to let him be buried at Forest Lawn for disgracing the name of the legendary actor, spawning family war

• The grandson of Hollywood legend Clark Gable died Friday morning
    • Clark Gable III, 30, was discovered dead in his bed by his fiancée in Texas
    • His father, John Clark Gable - Clark Gable's son - is refusing to pay for the funeral
    • John's daughter Kayley, 32, posted a message he sent to her saying: 'Cremate him he's not going in my family's plot and I'm not paying for anything'
    • Kayley said her father hung up on her when she called about her brother's death, and said John is a 'druggie' who 'tortured us' and 'did drugs in front of us as kids'
    • Their mother Tracy said her marriage with John ended due to his drug problems

The son of Hollywood legend Clark Gable has refused to pay for his own son's funeral or let him be buried in the Gable family plot, according to shocking text messages posted online.
    Clark Gable III, the movie star's 30-year-old grandson, was found dead in his bed by his fiancee last Friday.
    His sister, Kayley Gable, 32, said she called her estranged father, John Clark Gable, 57, to tell him about the tragic news.

But she claimed he 'hung up' on her and sent a vitriolic text message, which she posted on Facebook.
    'I'm sorry for your loss. This is what I want. Cremate him he's not going in my family's plot and I'm not paying for anything,' John wrote in a text.
    The family's plot is located at Forrest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles, where Clark Gable is buried.
    'All of you use my Fathers name in disgrace and you don't want me to go to the media believe me. Leave me and my Father out of this drug mess. There are no services on my end. Kayley is to never call me. Sorry for your loss I'm done it's just that simple. Respect my wishes.'
    In her Facebook post, Kayley shot back at her father claiming that he 'tortured us', 'got us high' and 'did drugs in front of us as kids'.

I'm sorry, as my brother is in a coffin I'm standing up for him, as I always have, and the world needs to know the truth. I'm putting this out before you start telling lies,' she wrote.
    'John F*** YOU!! Your (sic) the one who got us high on drugs and did drugs in front of us as kids and tortured us and especially Clark so I'm going to write a book and let the world know the truth!! Im Disgusted I'm related to you! bring it ON!!!!! your (sic) the druggie!!!!'
    Kayley also posted a page from a back copy of a celebrity magazine from around 2006 showing photos of her father leaving a courthouse to head to rehab with what appear to be several needle marks on his arm.
    DailyMail.com attempted to reach John for comment about his daughter's claims.
    Drug problems have dogged the family, Clark's mother, Tracy Scheff, told DailyMail.com in an exclusive interview on Friday.
    John's brother died age 27 of an overdose, and his girlfriend's death in 2012 was linked to prescription medication.
    Scheff said although her son's cause of death is not yet known, he had previously struggled with drug addiction, as had all four of her children, including her 17-year-old son who is now one year sober.
    Brookie, rollo and Mrs P like this.

^^^Wow. Just fucking wow.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

How cold and crass do you have to be? It's your son, you pig.
    Angeli, rollo, Mrs P and 5 others like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Clark Gable was known to be an epic asshole and it seems his asshole genes were passed on. Didn't he kill someone in a hit and run and it was covered up? Wasn't his illegitimate daughter with Loretta Young allegedly the product of rape? Didn't he get George Cukor fired from Gone like the Wind cause Cukor knew Gable had been with men when he was starting out in Hollywood?
    BITTER and crayzeehappee like this.
    Your bum has feelings, your bum is a part of you
    Don’t put it on chairs, your bum has an opinion, yeah

^^^Yup. People looked differently at rape back then - the burden was totally placed on the woman. It makes sense that Loretta didn't identify it as rape when it happened - the definition of rape changed over the years and when she discussed with with her DIL IIRC, she said that it what happened to her. Joan Fontaine's husband Brian Aherne did the same thing to her - while she was sleep...today they would be called out for it. But I still think it is still hidden - many folks aren't gonna tell on their perps for a million different reasons.

Same with Gable's mistreatment of George Cukor. He remembered seeing Gable on the Santa Monica pier back in the 20s early 30s before he hit it big. Either that or his friend William Haines knew about Clark. Haines turned his back on Hollywood at his peak as a star because he refused to get married and pretend he was hetero. But he and his lover were known to frequent the piers for "rough trade", which is what Clark was. I respect Clark for the things he did for blacks on the set of GWTW and almost refusing to attend the movie's premier because Hattie McDaniel wasn't allowed to attend because of Jim Crow, but he pulled some shady stuff back in the day.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Clark Gable was known to be an epic asshole and it seems his asshole genes were passed on. Didn't he kill someone in a hit and run and it was covered up? Wasn't his illegitimate daughter with Loretta Young allegedly the product of rape? Didn't he get George Cukor fired from Gone like the Wind cause Cukor knew Gable had been with men when he was starting out in Hollywood?
    Wow. I knew about the daughter with Loretta Young being from him raping her, but hadn't heard about a hit and run or him getting Cukor fired. I must google now.
    This seems like a lot of effort just to marry one of the Jonas Brothers. - ChemicalHelena

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    ^^^Yup. People looked differently at rape back then - the burden was totally placed on the woman. It makes sense that Loretta didn't identify it as rape when it happened - the definition of rape changed over the years and when she discussed with with her DIL IIRC, she said that it what happened to her. Joan Fontaine's husband Brian Aherne did the same thing to her - while she was sleep...today they would be called out for it. But I still think it is still hidden - many folks aren't gonna tell on their perps for a million different reasons.

Same with Gable's mistreatment of George Cukor. He remembered seeing Gable on the Santa Monica pier back in the 20s early 30s before he hit it big. Either that or his friend William Haines knew about Clark. Haines turned his back on Hollywood at his peak as a star because he refused to get married and pretend he was hetero. But he and his lover were known to frequent the piers for "rough trade", which is what Clark was. I respect Clark for the things he did for blacks on the set of GWTW and almost refusing to attend the movie's premier because Hattie McDaniel wasn't allowed to attend because of Jim Crow, but he pulled some shady stuff back in the day.
    Well, apparently Young did because she saw it as her “duty” (or whatever) to fend of his advances. Wiki quotes that she only recognised it as rape when latterly seeing something about date-rape.
    She had some balls though, she was catholic and not married at the time so (rather than having a dangerous and illegal and religiously abhorrent abortion) hid theoregnancy then traveled to the UK and had the baby in “hiding”. She then later “adopted” the child having placed her in an orphanage/hideaway. It seems it was an open secret but the family never discussed it until after both mother & daughter had passed away, out of respect.
    Brookie and BITTER like this.

^^^It messed up Judy's head too, because everyone knew but her and she found out from a boyfriend!!! I wonder how differently things would have turned out if Loretta had been honest with her.
    Brookie likes this.

I love this damn show and I always liked the Joey ones more but damn this poor kid. Too young to go. RIP.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Poor kid. How do you turn your back on your child, even in death? And how do you claim his drug abuse as a stain on your rapist alcoholic father's legacy? Unless some story comes out accusing him of rape and murder, it seems the grandson has left a better mark on the world than his namesake.
    Brookie and Mrs P like this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

The child must have been a motherfucker...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information