Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree309Likes

Thread: Charlize Theron on her son & her dogs: ‘They’re all my children, love is love’

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    This is exactly why I couldn't figure out how to word my original thoughts about animals vs kids. Shit. I knew it would dissolve like this.

Brindle crossed more than one line (Nov seems quite balanced to me, for the record) but different ideas really aren't tolerated very well around here. I'm not talking about attacking posters. That's clearly not called for. But there is a bit of a mob mentality and there are cliques/private jokes/Facebook comments that do a great job of keeping fresh opinions out of here.

I'm sure this won't make me popular but I've enjoyed this board for more than a decade and hate to see that it's down to 10-15 posters because we can't play nice with new people (no, I don't mean Brindle specifically).

I think most of us post "in context" meaning we know the others, understand their POV from years of posting and so, we know what argument would be futile or which would be painful. We can avoid hurt feelings or pissing some one off that way.

New people don't have that advantage and that's probably where we could be more generous and try understand if they are just posting their own opinion.

But i reserve the right to vodka. You all can keep the buttsecks.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

^^you can have the cilantro too. And the crisco.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

We'll leave the buttsecks for shed, Mel, and lobes since they done fucked us up the ass by abandoning us.
    dexter7 and Kittylady like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

How could a cat - or any pet - who loves and defends their human like this one did be considered secondary in the family?

rollo, Jana, ConstanceSpry and 1 others like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I remember that video from last year. Pretty cool cat.
    Kittylady likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I've never seen that video. Thanks, Kitty!
    Kittylady likes this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    My dog is so far up my ass at any given time, I'm sure he would be on my heels as I rescue my child from whatever emergency we have going on. Before I had my daughter, my SO and I both knew that we were saving the dog first and then the computer

I agree with her that love is love. It's not some limited, finite thing. It grows.
    I loved my dog, my SO, my family, etc. when my daughter was born. I didn't love them any less because I had her. I do fully admit that I love her more than all of them combined, but I didn't have to take my love away from them in order to do that.
    Yes.

My sister and I have been discussing this a lot lately because she just lost her dog (age 14.5 years), and I know what I experienced a couple of years ago when my cat passed away at age 19 (her age, not mine). Those pets saw me and my sister through a lot of life changes, including marital problems/divorce, kids leaving the nest, financial ruin, etc. When times were bad, they were a source of comfort and stability, and they had simple needs that could be easily fulfilled (unlike our respective children) and they took what we offered and didn't complain (ditto). Plus, I have seen my cat and dog bring out the best in both my children, and even strengthen my kids' relationships with each other.

I feel like the humans vs pets calculus is kind of beside the point. If our house caught on fire my kids would be running in to rescue the pets and I'd probably have to go in and rescue all of them.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

I don't know why it always has to be about "who do you love more". You can love your partner AND your children AND your pets with all your heart. Love takes nothing away from anyone else, the more you love, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    I don't know why it always has to be about "who do you love more". You can love your partner AND your children AND your pets with all your heart. Love takes nothing away from anyone else, the more you love, the better.
    That's what Eddie Cibrian told me!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Elite Member

We had to put my dog of 13 years down two days ago, this is the first time I've been able to talk about it. Clubber Lang was my constant companion, my best friend, my partner in crime, my security guard, and my guardian angel. Clubber saw me through divorces, my children's birth's, working in different cities every night, my darkest days with addiction, my happiest times of celebration, moving across the country, etc. etc. all the while dutifully waiting for me to return from whatever adventure I was partaking in, and welcoming me back with a wagging tail and a ball in his mouth. Clubber allowed my toddler children to hang off his ears and tail, he always stood between me and my SO other when we would argue and maintain a low growl to let him know, "you'd better not even think about it big man!", and never left my children's side as they played in the yard, vigilantly keeping an eye out "just in case."
    I rescued Clubber from a pit fighter/breeder when he was just a puppy and next in line to be the prize fighter, and he rescued me from myself. I love and miss him so much and without a shadow of a doubt he was the best friend I ever had. Please guys, never take for granted how special your pets are, I would give anything to be able to take him to the lake one last time.
    Belt Up, llamamama, czb and 19 others like this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

I'm so sorry for your loss, Clubber! I always remind my husband that the cat was here before him and the kid. More family/pets = more things to love, more love to go around.

Oh Clubber, I am so sorry. Big hugs to you!!
    Clubber Lang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    We had to put my dog of 13 years down two days ago, this is the first time I've been able to talk about it. Clubber Lang was my constant companion, my best friend, my partner in crime, my security guard, and my guardian angel. Clubber saw me through divorces, my children's birth's, working in different cities every night, my darkest days with addiction, my happiest times of celebration, moving across the country, etc. etc. all the while dutifully waiting for me to return from whatever adventure I was partaking in, and welcoming me back with a wagging tail and a ball in his mouth. Clubber allowed my toddler children to hang off his ears and tail, he always stood between me and my SO other when we would argue and maintain a low growl to let him know, "you'd better not even think about it big man!", and never left my children's side as they played in the yard, vigilantly keeping an eye out "just in case."
    I can't believe you forgot that he also knocked out Rock Balboa in two rounds!!!
    Clubber Lang and stella blue like this.

Oh, Clubber, I'm so sorry

Sounds like the OG Clubber was a dear boy.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

Elite Member

Oh…I'm so sorry Clubber. Hugs to you.
    Clubber Lang likes this.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread Information