Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree309Likes

Thread: Charlize Theron on her son & her dogs: ‘They’re all my children, love is love’

I love that picture.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

I'm emailing it to work for a colleague.
    Free Charmed.

Who wants to bet her husband will save the snake, dog, and tarantula before saving her?

Elite Member

"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    Sounds like she has lots of love to give to everyone in her life. Can't see anything wrong with that.
    Agree. Hopefully she's withdrawn it from Sean Penn though.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    ^ Except Sean Penn? If you give an interview about how much you love your son and your dogs then there seems to be a glaring omission.
    Yarp.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    exactly.

I can but then I lost the "love of my life" in my late teens; getting this dog, not being able to have kids, she's re/awakened/given an outlet to something I haven't felt for years. I wouldn't kill anyone that hurt my dog, I would torture them slowly over an open flame for a number of days. Shit, if my house was on fire I'd rescue the dog before MrN, but I claim that is for "practical reasons". Needless to say, the dog chooses me over the Mr even when sausages are involved.

How ridiculous, she isn't saying that at all; she's not even saying that she loves them equally just that love is love & she loves them all; she doesn't quantify her love.
    I cannot like this post enough. In fact, I love it.

I just knew when Charlize made that comment that it would attract a troll. Kind of a dull one though. I miss Keneesha and her mango trees.

Much appreciation and vodka to those in this thread who were content to say "I just don't get it but ok" rather than making nasty remarks about people who are just more animal-wired than human child-wired. It's all good as long as you are happy. One kind of love doesn't need to be "better" or "more important" than another. Why even think that way? THAT is a bit twisted, actually, to view all our loving relationships as potential "Sophie's Choice" type situations.

Every time someone begins rhapsodizing about how parental love is so sacred and perfect and better than anything else, consider the sadly common worst-case-scenario: people pop out kids 'cause instinct and/or society tells them to, and then discover that they're miserable and hate prioritizing another being's needs above their own. Often they begin neglecting and even mistreating the poor kid, who didn't ask to be born into such a situation. Those same euphoric chemicals that help make SOME of us superb, loving, deeply attached parents just don't work very well in other people's brains. Shaming and insulting those people doesn't help.

(It is clear that anyone who isn't wired to care for a child AT ALL should also reconsider getting a high-maintenance pet who needs attention and love. Settle for a pet rock or something. )

Plus, the planet's already getting overpopulated. Where will it all end?!? It would actually be a fantastic thing if more people had no interest in breeding and just wanted a dog or a cat, some friends, hobbies....encourage them ffs!

I get a bit manifesto-y about this, because I've seen too much vicious trolling about it through the years. It's a rotten subject to be so intolerant about, because so many aspects of it are simply minefields of personal pain. The whole issue of whether or not someone can even have kids at all, being cruelly judged because you just don't like kids, whatever. Enough already. MEOW.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

My dog is so far up my ass at any given time, I'm sure he would be on my heels as I rescue my child from whatever emergency we have going on. Before I had my daughter, my SO and I both knew that we were saving the dog first and then the computer

I agree with her that love is love. It's not some limited, finite thing. It grows. I loved my dog, my SO, my family, etc. when my daughter was born. I didn't love them any less because I had her. I do fully admit that I love her more than all of them combined, but I didn't have to take my love away from them in order to do that.
    Novice, Beeyotch and stella blue like this.

czb

i agree that love grows. but do i love my kids more than mr czb? not sure. don't want to get all ayelet on you. not saying i don't love them, but it is different (for me, anyway). they definitely need me more, though.
    Novice likes this.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure as I grab my kids and husband, the damn cats will beat us out the door/window.
    Just Kill Me likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This is exactly why I couldn't figure out how to word my original thoughts about animals vs kids. Shit. I knew it would dissolve like this.

Brindle crossed more than one line (Nov seems quite balanced to me, for the record) but different ideas really aren't tolerated very well around here. I'm not talking about attacking posters. That's clearly not called for. But there is a bit of a mob mentality and there are cliques/private jokes/Facebook comments that do a great job of keeping fresh opinions out of here.

I'm sure this won't make me popular but I've enjoyed this board for more than a decade and hate to see that it's down to 10-15 posters because we can't play nice with new people (no, I don't mean Brindle specifically).

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Who wants to bet her husband will save the snake, dog, and tarantula before saving her?
    Let us hope so.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

If anything, I think my dog would save us. If she got a whiff of smoke she'd probably wake us faster than the fire alarm and be right on our heels out the door. She's 100# and strong as an ox.

I have patients whose lives have been saved by their pets. One a small dog who would not stop barking and jumping on and off the bed in the middle of one night until the husband came downstairs where the wife was passed out with a blood glucose level of 35. He was a morning person and she liked to stay up late watching movies. Fortunately the little dog liked to hang out with her in the den at night.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I'm sure this won't make me popular but I've enjoyed this board for more than a decade and hate to see that it's down to 10-15 posters because we can't play nice with new people (no, I don't mean Brindle specifically).
    i don't think we are always nice with new posters. not talking about brindle here, she is an exception. but it's always been that way. not saying that makes it right, though. i remember some posters in particular being kind of rude to me. that was eons ago. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    If anything, I think my dog would save us. If she got a whiff of smoke she'd probably wake us faster than the fire alarm and be right on our heels out the door. She's 100# and strong as an ox.
    But, would she save another dog in the house first?
    Beeyotch likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i don't think we are always nice with new posters. not talking about brindle here, she is an exception. but it's always been that way. not saying that makes it right, though. i remember some posters in particular being kind of rude to me. that was eons ago. *shrugs*
    And we were all new 77447896424 posts ago.

Bella - thanks for the vote of confidence x
    i think that in any society there is a knee-jerk pack mentality but also I think that any number of times (maybe not so much lately but I haven't been around) there is an "old timer" that doesn't just agree but can do so amicably.
    yes, there are time when they do so rudely too.

And Charmed - thanks (I think?) x
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    But, would she save another dog in the house first?
    There is no other dog in the house.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread Information