Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree306Likes

Thread: Charlize Theron and Brad Pitt are dating!

^^^
    she denied that right away if I’m not mistaken.

i so hope this is true and they make their début at the Oscars
    We can call them “Chad”
    Angeli, weathered1, Raff and 2 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Tongues or it didn't happen.

Waterslide likes this.

This would make me so happy if this is true.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    she denied that right away if I’m not mistaken.

i so hope this is true and they make their début at the Oscars
    We can call them “Chad”
    The leaving America thing? I did go back and read the quote and in fairness it does seem like it was blown out of proportion.

I'm all for CHAD. The Chad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Tongues or it didn't happen.

I read that supposedly Charlize is (also or actually) hooking up with Adam Driver so interesting threesome there.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Charlize is racist??? I used to think that she is basically the holy mother of goodness.

Can someone explain the racist accusations? She's South African, is it something from her past?

Also, turns out her son likes to dress as a girl. Here's another similarity to Ange!
    If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something, rules in his place.

czb

i thought it was based on her comments at an AIDs conference. IIRC, they seemed more ignorant than racist. *shrugs*

I don't remember the AIDs conference.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]EXPLORE[/COLOR]PEOPLE.com

Profile Menu

• Your Profile

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]

That Thing She Does

DAN JEWEL
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.65)]October 14, 1996 12:00 PM[/COLOR]

CHARLIZE THERON STRETCHES HER LITHE, 5’9″ frame over her purple couch and smiles as she remembers the first time she rented the movie Splash. “I was in love with Tom Hanks instantly,” she says. “I hated Daryl Hannah. I was sitting there saying, ‘I could have done that part so much better. That should be me!’ ”
    At the time, Theron was all of 9 years old and watching the film on the living room floor of her parents’ farmhouse in the remote South African village of Benoni. But if her dreams were big, she wasn’t afraid to pursue them: Twelve years later, the actress, now 21, is appearing with Hanks in his directorial debut, That Thing You Do!, the story of a ’60s rock band. Theron plays Tina, the prim, self-absorbed girlfriend of the lead character, played by Tom Everett Scott. Meanwhile she is blowing away critics as the hit woman Helga in the violent 2 Days in the Valley.
    “She’s this Amazonian beauty,” says James Spader, Theron’s lover in Valley. “She carries an enormous presence.” Director John Herzfeld was equally impressed with Theron’s acting debut, particularly in light of her quick recovery after a mishap during a fight scene with co-star Teri Hatcher. “Teri actually hit Charlize with the first punch,” he says. “When you see Charlize’s head go back, that’s real.” According to Theron, that was just her first experience with screen combat. “I got smacked in the face, kicked in the ribs and thrown into walls,” she says. “But it’s fun!”
    Theron also enjoyed the collegial atmosphere on the set. Growing up an only child on her family’s farm, Theron says, her pet goat Bok “was like my best friend.” As an outlet for her boundless energy, she took up ballet at age 6 and soon was dancing professionally in Johannesburg. But at 15, she says, “everything just went wrong.” Her father, Charles, died, leaving the family’s road-construction business in the hands of her mother, Gerda. Theron had little time to grieve; with the dismantling of apartheid and the creation of new affirmative action laws, she became convinced “there was no future for a white South African.” One week after turning 16, she accepted an offer from an Italian model scout, and—with her mother’s blessing—headed for Milan. Looking back, she says, “I just ran.”
    One year later, tired of being seen as “somebody beautiful who should not say a word,” she ran again. On the last day of a modeling job in Manhattan, she decided not to return to Italy. (Her application for U.S. citizenship is still pending.) Supporting herself with the occasional modeling job, she focused on her first love—ballet, not goats—and studied at the Joffrey school until a knee injury put an end to her dancing days. Depressed and nearly broke, she bought a one-way ticket to Hollywood.
    Poverty, in a way, paid off. In 1994, when an L.A. bank teller refused to cash her check because she had no account, Theron threw “a little tantrum,” she says. Talent manager John Crosby (who represents Rene Russo and John Hurt) was in the bank and saw Theron—whom he calls “this vision”—screaming and waving her arms. He walked over and told her, “I don’t know what you do, but if you’re interested in acting, here’s my card.”
    She definitely was interested, but first had to shed her South African accent—which she did by watching hours of TV and singing along with American songs on the radio. Last year she won her role in Valley and soon found herself auditioning for Hanks. When she finished, says casting director Howard Feuer, “Tom was raving, ‘She’s got it! That girl is going to be somebody’ ”
    Theron—a self-proclaimed “home girl” who has no boyfriend and shares her spacious two-bedroom home in West Los Angeles with a cat and two cocker spaniels—is delighted by her good fortune. “I’m the luckiest girl in Los Angeles!” she gushes. Consider that she almost beat out Elizabeth Berkley for the lead in the disastrous Showgirls. “It was,” says Theron, “like I had some guardian angel.” And when she read for That Thing, she confessed her childhood crush to Hanks. “He blushed!” Theron says. “I don’t think it gets much better than this.”
    DAN JEWEL

[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]ELIZABETH LEONARD in Los Angeles[/COLOR]
    https://people.com/archive/that-thin...-vol-46-no-16/

She sounds like an even more racist South African version of Scarlett O'Hara. "There was no place for white women in the South after the slaves were freed!" So maybe she's moved on and has changed since that statement - it's been over 20 years, but I still think she's at best an idiot and definitely ignorant.

And she's a bitch. I remember she was on Chelsea Handler's show once and was complaining about some gluten free cupcakes she had and after complaining at length about how inedible and disgusting they were, she said something to the effect, "I gave them to my maid and even SHE wouldn't eat them." Completely up her own ass.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

Yeah she seems an unpleasant person. I liked her when Monster came out but realised she was a bit of an ass.
    Waterslide likes this.

Elite Member

Yikes. I had no idea she was an unpleasant human and racist. Ugh.

Brad Pitt is like a teenage girl who'll do anything to keep her boyfriend happy. All this morphing he does. Seems like a little lapdog to me.
    lindsaywhit and holly like this.

WOW! Thank you Waterslide to clear that one up!
    I never thought that she is so indecent.

Seriously? It was 1996 and I think she was paraphrasing how she felt at... 16. I don’t have very strong feelings about charlize but if that’s the worst anyone can dig up on her in the years she’s been in Hollywood, she’s hardly a monster. Has she said or hinted at anything even vaguely racist since?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I doubt she's said anything since then that's overtly racist and hopefully she has changed since 1996 but that's where the racism stories started. If I had to choose, I'd just say she's more classist than racist and also out of touch and entitled (like a lot of Hollywood). But beyond that, she rubs me the wrong way and I just think there's something off about her. Beautiful woman, good actress but off.

Yeah, something about how she felt at 16 is a little underwhelming in terms of her being a racist.
    holly likes this.

czb

but how could she not be 'off'?? didn't she witness her mom axe her dad?

i don't like or dislike her but i remember her AIDs speech. she seemed like a dope.
    sputnik likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information