Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Charlie Hunnam cast as a Mexican-American cartel leader in ‘American Drug Lord’

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    It's probably because they are white.
    Actually they're black Cubans.
    BITTER, Beeyotch and Lalasnake like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    Actually they're black Cubans.
    Talk about a plot twist.

An foaf has a Mexican mom and dad is from I think Belize. He constantly shocks people because he *looks* African-American, but speaks fluent Spanish.

eta: I myself am Mexican, and have dark hair, brown eyes. In the past, I've been told I don't look Mexican, but Italian or Greek.

I also have cousins who are blond, blue-eyed or green-eyed; my own paternal grandfather had the bluest eyes, yet none of his kids inherited them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    An foaf has a Mexican mom and dad is from I think Belize. He constantly shocks people because he *looks* African-American, but speaks fluent Spanish.

eta: I myself am Mexican, and have dark hair, brown eyes. In the past, I've been told I don't look Mexican, but Italian or Greek.

I also have cousins who are blond, blue-eyed or green-eyed; my own paternal grandfather had the bluest eyes, yet none of his kids inherited them.

My sister and I were called Salt and Pepper when we were kids. She is really fair skinned and bone straight hair and I have that dark Aztec skin and thick spiral curly hair. I used to get mistaken for black or an Islander a lot. My Gramps is from El Valle de Guadalupe in Jalisco, MX and my Granny is an El Paso girl. She was also fair skinned and green eyed, my Niece and Nephew were blessed with her coloring and her green eyes. Our family coloring is across the rainbow. My hubs is Cuban and light skinned and our son is coffee with cream.
    Moongirl and sputnik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Here's what the real guy looked like:

CZJ will be playing Griselda Bianco. Maybe La Barbie and Griselda had gotten together?

Quote Originally Posted by joebob View Post
    It's probably because they are white.
    You can also be a black or Asian Cuban.

There is no "looking" Hispanic. My mom is Afro Latina on her dad's side and my dad is black American. When I go to the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, etc., people always assume I am one of them. There are a ton of black Latinos, the media just pretends like they don't exist. In the DR most people are darker than me and I am a brown skinned woman. People are super self conscious about it though. They have serious colorist issues, even worse than black Americans do. My skin color is not favored there but I have very long hair that I can straighten which they tend to be enamored of.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    You can also be a black or Asian Cuban.

There is no "looking" Hispanic. My mom is Afro Latina on her dad's side and my dad is black American. When I go to the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, etc., people always assume I am one of them. There are a ton of black Latinos, the media just pretends like they don't exist. In the DR most people are darker than me and I am a brown skinned woman. People are super self conscious about it though. They have serious colorist issues, even worse than black Americans do. My skin color is not favored there but I have very long hair that I can straighten which they tend to be enamored of.
    I know that. Hence why I mentioned them being white.

A lot of people don't believe Latinos can be white. They can be dayum near anything else, but not white.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information