Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charles Manson rejected Scientology as "too crazy" for him

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    You guys should read the book Helter Skelter, its a huge read but its probably the creepiest thing I have ever read. It discusses all of this in the book. Manson did reject Scientology, but he incorporated some of the things he learned into his own principles in order to effectively brainwash his cult. Very scary stuff.

Off topic, but a part of the book that scared the HELL OUT OF ME is that his cult used to travel along on "creepy crawlies", basically sneaking into peoples' houses while they slept and moving things around, basically letting them know that someone had been in their house while they were sleeping. Like moving picture frames or misplacing items. Also while they were trolling for victims Manson had one house all picked out to kill the inhabitants, and when they snuck inside, he noticed framed pictures of young kids. For whatever reason, he told his cult to leave. Its freaky to think whose house that was. There is all kinds of freaky shit in that book, just thinking about it gives me the creeps.
    Holy shit.

It's 1AM here and I was just going to go out for a ciggie. Think I'll stay inside now LOL.

I haven't been brave enough to read the book, but it sounds fascinating. I'll try and pick myself up a copy online.
    ssabmud

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Yeah, it's a creepy read----and i get the same feeling of disbelief and fear about the current day CO$ freaks.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

Helter Skelter was an incredible book. It's long as hell, but it goes through his crazy journey from beginning to end. It's amazing how he was able to brainwash people with a lot of drugs, captivity of sorts, promising them a better life and eventually convincing them that he was some sort of second coming of Christ. Most of the women that are in jail now are in their 50's and denounce CM and his teachings...however, there are a couple that still believe what they were told in the late 60's.

^ Squeaky Fromme and Sandra Good immediatly come to mind, as those who still believe.

LOL. Well, TinyTom... if that doesn't show you something, I'm not sure what will.

Yeah my copy is almost worn through I've read it so much, I find it fascinating, a really great read. Just don't read it alone at night. I seriously pride myself on the fact that little scares me, but that book gives me the major creeps and I find it difficult to sleep afterwards.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

There is also a movie called Helter Skelter, maybe it's based on the same book. I saw the preview for it (was watching a VHS for another movie) when I was little and scared the crap outta me.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Yeah, I think it probably is, they've done a few movie versions of it I believe. True crime is one of my guilty pleasures and most have never really affected me, but Helter Skelter and The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule (about Ted Bundy) are two books that really freak me out.

Charles Manson is still a total nut. One of his last statement was if he was let out of prison, he'd kill everyone. Something like 'There'd be none of you left'.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Ha! He's a 5'3" 60-something. Physically benign. He couldn't incapacitate my grandmother.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Yeah, I think it probably is, they've done a few movie versions of it I believe. True crime is one of my guilty pleasures and most have never really affected me, but Helter Skelter and The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule (about Ted Bundy) are two books that really freak me out.
    I only saw the original mini-series with Steve Railsback...he was almost tooo good in his portrayal of Manson. I remember seeing him in some other movies/tv roles, but he was always Manson to me. He had the craaazy eyes thing down pat.

Ted Bundy was my introduction to true crime; I've read Ann Rule's book and a few others on him too. Actually, I think I've read all of Rule's books plus tons of other crime books, but I admit not many match Bundy or Manson. One I read about John Wayne Gacy creeped me out pretty bad too.

I'm a true crime junkie, too. My introduction was Charles Manson. Ted Bundy is truly the most frightening man to me. So normal, so charming, so easy going, yet so unbelievably fucked up!

^Yep, that's what made him so frightening, and fascinating. That the boy next door could be a sadistic serial killer...

Well somebody forgot to take his vitamins.

I remember reading about how a (four year old? I know he was between that and six) Ted Bundy woke his aunt up in the middle of the night. She woke up and the bed was covered with knives surrounding her. She said he didn't speak or anything, was just looking at her. Thats some freaky shit too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information