Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Channing Tatum is People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    JFK Jr?
    yeah, probably. and maybe harrison ford.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

mjw
    Elite Member

It seems that hordes of people are outraged about Channing Tatum being named "Sexiest Man Alive" by People Magazine. And by hordes, I just mean Ryan Gosling fans. Fair enough, he is a very attractive fellow. But let's look at the bigger picture here. Every year People Magazine trots out this cover and every year we forget who was on the last one. Go ahead, try to name the last five "honorees." How about the last two? Hell, who was even last year's? (It was Bradley Cooper, but I only remember that because of the backlash from Gosling devotees.)

I just want to put things in perspective and remind you that we don't even remember who's graced this cover in the past. And MORE IMPORTANTLY, they in no way reflect how we as a society remember that era. Previous covers may surprise you, as they only represented howPeople Magazine felt at that very instance, not accounting for what future generations would think is sexy. They exist in a vacuum and in retrospect, a lot of those choices are puzzling.

For example, 2006. Who should have won? Probably someone like Justin Timberlake, right? Wrong. Here is the cover from that year.

Let's reach further back in the well. To the 80s, a decade full of hunks and dreamboats. If how we view the decade in retrospect has any say, it was someone like Kevin Costner or Tom Cruise who graced the 1986 issue. But alas…

I know, I know, I skipped the 90s. I just thought it may have been too jarring. Here you go:

i love that picture of grace jones and dolph lundgren. it totally looks like she's fucking him from behind.
    Flygirl likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

mjw
    Elite Member

I don't find the guy attractive but I will fuck for funny and he cracked my ass up in 21 Jump Street.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I don't think any man will make the cover of "sexiest man alive" and have everyone agree with it. Channing Tatum does nothing for me; he looks like caveman-ish to me. But, then again, no one agreed with Bradley Cooper being sexiest last year and I thought People magazine got it right.
    card and *DIVA! like this.

Jesus Fucking Christ you people have some hard standards!

I'm not going to fault the guy for being simple...like I would be talking to him!!!
    rollo likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I've never seen Channing in anything, but he looks... um... simple.

If I had my way, Chris Hemsworth would be on that cover. Preferably in his sleeveless Thor costume.
    I wish I could "like" this one million times.
    mistify and Maximum Jackson like this.
    "We know who we are, we like talking smack about strangers, and we're not gonna stop!" -- GR's Kalirga

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post

I'm not going to fault the guy for being simple...like I would be talking to him!!!
    I wish I could like this one million times. He is not a guy I would stay around to talk with in the morning. He looks like the kind of guy who I would seek for my first post-divorce fuck if Mr. Flygirl ever leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post

just different tastes, i guess. but i'm weird that way - i'm more turned on by a quick-witted nerd than a dim-witted hunk and i've never been into beefy, muscly guys either.
    Laurent and levitt like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Now if they had named Beiber, even I would revolt.
    Quoted for evidence!

I liked Channing in Magic Mike. In fact, he was more than alright so he gets my vote.
    sluce, *DIVA! and BrickHouse like this.

i manage a diner. My waiter on the weekends has been told he resembles Channing Tatum. Personally neither of us see it, but people (especially girls) come in and when he waits their table ask to have their pic taken with him. He tells them he's not that guy, but they don't care, or don't believe him. its hysterical. Sometimes he fucks with them and says its his brother. It cracks me up how gullible people can be.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Silver Member

I didn't think much of anyone they've picked in the last few years. Also I think his wife is MUCH better looking than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i manage a diner. My waiter on the weekends has been told he resembles Channing Tatum. Personally neither of us see it, but people (especially girls) come in and when he waits their table ask to have their pic taken with him. He tells them he's not that guy, but they don't care, or don't believe him. its hysterical. Sometimes he fucks with them and says its his brother. It cracks me up how gullible people can be.
    He must make great tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepik View Post
    He must make great tips!
    he does. When the girls find out he's not Channing, they push hard to flirt. its pretty funny
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information