Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Celine Dion's husband steps down as her manager

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

One of my close friends was only 31 when he died of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome in his sleep. No reason for it, nothing found to be wrong with him at the autopsy, a fine and healthy man just stopped. My bestie's niece lost one of her dearest friends to cancer at the ripe old age of 20. None of us know when the Grim Reaper is going to come calling for us or whether we'll get that full, long life or not so I think we should live, love and share for as long as we get on this earth, be it 20 years or a hundred. Rene has no doubt shown his children more love and created more wonderful memories for his children than many a deadbeat father far, far younger has.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I think Rene and Celine truly love one another though. I hope he recovers.

She must love him but the rumor is that he is very dominating, gambling with her money. He met her when she was 12 and got engaged when she was 16 and he was 42. That puts him in the MR Stodden category for me.
    Bluebonnet and Clubber Lang like this.

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Celine Dion: Rene hopes to 'die in my arms'

Marco della Cava, USA TODAY 3:09 p.m. EDT August 24, 2015

LAS VEGAS — For Celine Dion, her year-long hiatus from a lucrative Las Vegas residency at Caesars Palace was all about making the right choices in life.
    Now, after caring for her husband, René Angélil, 73, who continues to battle throat cancer, she's returning to the Strip for another extended run that starts Aug. 27. That, too, was the right choice, she says — because Angelil insisted his wife return to what she loves.
    "I didn't want to be here at first, I don't need it. Don't get me wrong, I love singing for people, but I have priorities," Dion, 47, tells USA TODAY.
    "But René really gave me a gift," she says. "All my grieving, it was during this last year. I think I've got this. For now. When it hits me, it's going to hit me. But my biggest job is to tell my husband, we're fine. I'll take care of our kids. You'll watch us from another spot."

Celine Dion, show here during a charity event in Montreal last year, crosses her fingers when she discusses her husband René Angélil's cancer recurrence.(Photo: Ryan Remiorz, AP)

During the course of an often-intense talk Sunday, Dion emotes grand statements and aching sentiments.
    What comes through clearly is that her partner of many decades — Dion met Angélil when she was 12, and he later became her manager and, in 1994, her husband — is battling for his life. After a series of procedures in Boston hospitals, he is now living at the family's Las Vegas home. He has been fed intravenously for two years, Dion says.
    “'Rene says to me, 'I want to die in your arms.' OK, fine, I'll be there, you'll die in my arms.'”
    Celine Dion
    "We have asked (doctors) many times, how long does he have, three weeks, three months? René wants to know," she says. "But they say they don't know."
    The couple's eldest son, René-Charles, 14, is fast becoming "the man of my life," although he often finds it difficult to see his father in such poor health, she says. In contrast, the couple's 4-year-old fraternal twins, Nelson and Eddy, "don't know their father in any other state, and I'll say 'Come on, let's go feed Dad,' and they'll come along with me."

The past months have been filled with many emotional conversations between Dion and the man she calls "the only boyfriend I've ever had." The singer says her default approach is to be strong, but sometimes Angélil "needs something more sensitive than that, more than just positivity. Sometimes he just wants me to enter into a different place with him."
    Dion's voice gets soft. "I'll say, 'You're scared? I understand. Talk to me about it.' " She pauses. "And René says to me, 'I want to die in your arms.' OK, fine, I'll be there, you'll die in my arms."

Singer Celine Dion and her husband René Angélil, whose throat cancer has returned. Since this photo was taken last summer, Angelil has remained largely out of the public eye. (Photo: John Macdougall, AFP/Getty Images)

Dion says she has dutifully taken notes during talks in which Angélil has spelled out the details of his funeral service.
    "Don't forget, he's been the leader of the band all my life," she says, having masterminded her career to the tune of 220 million albums sold. "So it (hacks) him off to not see me all day and over here working. But he wants me to do this, do the show, do the interviews. But he freaks when I'm not home with him, too."
    She isn't sure if Angélil will make an appearance at her show's debut Thursday, and if he can't, he'll watch a live feed back at the house.
    "That first show, it will be fragile," she says, dabbing at her eyes. "There will be moments. Of emptiness, laughter, awkwardness, tearing up. But that's the point of coming back — otherwise, I just release an album."
    For Dion, hitting the stage again is less about singing and more about showing her husband that she has his back.
    "When you see someone who is fighting so hard, it has a big impact on you," she says. "You have two choices. You look at your husband who's very sick and you can't help, and it kills you. Or you look at your husband that's sick and you say, 'I got you. I got it. I'm here. It's going to be just fine.'
    "You can have your shaking knees at the end, but when someone you love falls and needs help, it's not time to cry," she says. "Afterwards, sure. But not yet."

The couple's eldest son, René-Charles, 14, is fast becoming "the man of my life," although he often finds it difficult to see his father in such poor health, she says. In contrast, the couple's 4-year-old fraternal twins, Nelson and Eddy, "don't know their father in any other state, and I'll say 'Come on, let's go feed Dad,' and they'll come along with me."
    I've heard of kids avoiding a dying parent (too much to take). I wonder if that's what she's implying.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Hmm. I wonder if he will step down as husband soon...
    YOU! Get back here on this board, right now!
    Kittylady likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

McJaggie!Show your face NOW!
    Kittylady likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I've heard of kids avoiding a dying parent (too much to take). I wonder if that's what she's implying.

I did that, my dad died when I was twelve and as an adult the guilt is fucking horrendous.
    whitetigeress likes this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Dying in her arms is a lovely sentiment but it's a recipe for disaster. It will be eternal anguish for her if she is unable to fulfill that promise.

Death doesn't always come at the exact day and time that we think it will.
    tiggle and Clubber Lang like this.

i like them together. She's going to be devastated when he finally passes. Even if you expect it, its horrid.
    gas_chick likes this.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I am sorry,i find the whole thing creepy and sick and i dont know why no one think he is a pedo for going after her at fucking 12!And i hate the idea of 4 year olds going to feed a living corpse and made to believe this is ok!
    Lofty Bike likes this.

Elite Member

Man, the heartbreak really resinates through Celine's words. This poor family. I hate cancer, I fucking hate it.

I'm sorry you had to go through that Air Quotes.
    pwry likes this.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by Makisa View Post
    Dying in her arms is a lovely sentiment but it's a recipe for disaster. It will be eternal anguish for her if she is unable to fulfill that promise.

Death doesn't always come at the exact day and time that we think it will.
    So true. The doctors told us my mother had about a week left. She died about twelve hours later.

I'm so sorry, air quotes.

"You can have your shaking knees at the end, but when someone you love falls and needs help, it's not time to cry," she says. "Afterwards, sure. But not yet.".
    that breaks my heart

but her heart will go on
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Air Quotes View Post
    I did that, my dad died when I was twelve and as an adult the guilt is fucking horrendous.

it sure is
    (hugs)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information