Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree253Likes

Thread: Celebrity Anti-Vaxx Thread

^^^^
    i mean, that's DC and the DMV in a nutshell, lots of overly educated, overly anxious nerds. but i've found them to be even more anxious and risk averse than average, compared to other cities.
    these people are probably 99% vaccinated but they're still avoiding everything and acting as if they're at the same risk level they were a year ago pre-vaccines.
    i hope i'm wrong but i wouldn't be surprised if the gap between vaccinated adults and vaccinated kids turns out to be like the gap between vaxxed adults and vaxxed pregnant adults, and not just in the DMV. pregnant women have been told the vaccine is safe but not enough of them are getting it anyway, because pregnancy and anything involving kids makes people even more irrational and risk averse than usual.
    MsDark likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

we currently have the highest vax rates in the country. the parents in my circle are rushing to get their littles vaxxed but i don't know how widespread that will be in our area.
    sputnik and mostroop like this.

^^^^
    i thought that's how my friends would be but so far i'd say about 2/3 are rushing and the rest are waiting. and i'd say that among my friends with kids 12+, about 2/3 got their teens vaxxed and the rest didn't, even though they themselves are vaxxed.

this would all be so much easier if you took choice out of the equation (it's not like any of us are doctors and truly understand the science anyway) and people and their kids all had to be vaxxed to participate in society. too bad not everyone has emmanuel macron's balls. they have some of the highest rates of vaccine skepticism in the world but they enacted mandates and didn't give people a choice.
    https://www.npr.org/2021/09/17/10381...ing-vaccinated
    mostroop likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

i think most of the 12+ around here are vaxxed. i don't know the exact rates; i could look up but i am lazee.
    Novice and mostroop like this.

What I hear is they're irrationally worried about it affecting future fertility.

What will probably have a greater chance of adversely affecting fertility than the vaccine: Being unvaccinated and catching covid.

But hey, don't bother to listen to actual people in these fields. No biggie. The planet could use a little break from humans breeding like crazy.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

And a definite break from the crazy breeding!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

My kid is scheduled for next Friday. We’re having her take it on a Friday in case she has any reaction to it. I did, but I didn’t take Pfizer. I know it’s irrational, but I am a teeny bit nervous. Not sure why, but I always get nervous when she gets vaxxed for anything.

czb

i get it; i was nervous too about getting my kids vaxxed.

Elite Member

We're having a vaccine clinic at my school this week. I'll be so curious to see how many go for it. I get my booster this week.

...and I'm a lifelong Packers fan and Aaron Rodgers can suck it. He's dead to me. Fucking idiot.

I would probably be a little nervous too. But I was a little nervous when I got the shots. Risk/reward. I think the vaxx has been around long enough to lean towards the reward.

Aaron Rogers is a total asshat. If anyone deserves to be cancelled, it's him.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Well look at that, Aaron Rodgers. I think it shows he's actually spending time with Shailene Woodley (is that her name? I feel like I got it wrong). Anyways, idiots.

I feel like the U.S. anti-vaxxer resistance is such a joke. Like it's the "We're Not Gonna Make It, Are We?" meme. We've got too many stupid impressionable dipshits. How does one take that in stride? What to do about it beyond a personal choice to vaccinate?

I don't know, but I won't be at ease until my kid gets vaccinated. He turns 4 at end of January, so who knows when that age group will be approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Well look at that, Aaron Rodgers. I think it shows he's actually spending time with Shailene Woodley (is that her name? I feel like I got it wrong). Anyways, idiots.

I feel like the U.S. anti-vaxxer resistance is such a joke. Like it's the "We're Not Gonna Make It, Are We?" meme. We've got too many stupid impressionable dipshits. How does one take that in stride? What to do about it beyond a personal choice to vaccinate?

I don't know, but I won't be at ease until my kid gets vaccinated. He turns 4 at end of January, so who knows when that age group will be approved.
    Four?!?! I can't believe it. I heard the 2 to 5 age group could be as soon as the beginning of the year. Maybe late January or early February.

i was reading today i think in the nyt that only 30% of parents are going to vaxx their 5-11 year-olds right now, 30% are going to wait, and 30% don't want to vaccinate or only will if forced to.

god i hate people.

Hey, kind of related to this, when I took our son in for his well-child appointment (he's 17), they gave him the seasonal flu shot, plus a brand-new meningitis shot. I think the meningitis shot is to block some kind of variant? Just something to keep in mind if you are getting your teen vaccinated and they will also be heading off to college in the near future.

Also, and I thought this was amazing, last week or so, a massive study showed that the Gardasil types of HPV vaccines had cut cervical cancer rates by 87% since they began distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDark View Post
    What I hear is they're irrationally worried about it affecting future fertility.

What will probably have a greater chance of adversely affecting fertility than the vaccine: Being unvaccinated and catching covid.

But hey, don't bother to listen to actual people in these fields. No biggie. The planet could use a little break from humans breeding like crazy.
    But they're probably okay with treating with Ivermectin which has a proven 85% infertility rate in males, LOL. I cracked up with Aaron Rodgers said he was scared of fertility issues with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, while ignoring the massive infertility rate with Ivermectin. Fucking idiot.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information