Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree252Likes

Thread: Celebrity Anti-Vaxx Thread

Coach for university of washington football team refused to get vaxxed. Lost his $3 Million a year job. Highest paid state employee in Washington - another thing that shows how out of whack people's priorities are.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    I dont have a religious bone in my body, so I do not understand the "religious exemption"

I was raised in the Lutheran church, baptized, had communion and confirmed. I was made to read the bible front to back. There is no wording about vaccinations in the bible (obviously). So I do not understand how people can claim this.

I'm in the state of Iowa, USA and this is the wording on the exemption form:

Total bullshit. Get the shot, stop the spread. My 79 father is getting his booster next week but my two brothers refuse to even get one shot.
    So in Iowa, there has ALWAYS been a religious exemption on vaccinations. I had a chiro in the 90's once tell me to use the religious exemption and not vax my kids. Cuz you know, chiropractic cures everything. We quit going to her.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

The Dutch Reformed church is pretty strong in Iowa, isn't it? I was raised Dutch Reformed, and while I can't with some of their stances, the vaccine thing is not coming from the Synod. I was vaccinated as a child and my parents never even discussed it when I had my own kids - although to be completely honest, my father at least was pretty dang liberal about most things.

I don't know - the whole thing just seems wild to me, and not something that makes sense. I'll give my sister a call in a bit - she has a better handle on all the cousin's beliefs who are still Reformed.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    The Dutch Reformed church is pretty strong in Iowa, isn't it? I was raised Dutch Reformed, and while I can't with some of their stances, the vaccine thing is not coming from the Synod. I was vaccinated as a child and my parents never even discussed it when I had my own kids - although to be completely honest, my father at least was pretty dang liberal about most things.

I don't know - the whole thing just seems wild to me, and not something that makes sense. I'll give my sister a call in a bit - she has a better handle on all the cousin's beliefs who are still Reformed.
    The Dutch Reformed Church is listed in a study by Vanderbilt University Medical Center. There is a note that some members decline vaccinations on the basis that it interferes with divine providence, but others accept vaccinations as a gift from God. I think it's probably listed because there is at least some basis for members of the denomination to argue for a religious-based exception.
    lindsaywhit likes this.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Quote Originally Posted by albatross View Post
    The Dutch Reformed Church is listed in a study by Vanderbilt University Medical Center. There is a note that some members decline vaccinations on the basis that it interferes with divine providence, but others accept vaccinations as a gift from God. I think it's probably listed because there is at least some basis for members of the denomination to argue for a religious-based exception.
    I wonder where the divine providence is supposed to end, though? I mean, why have fire extinguishers in buildings if it was God's providence to have an electrical fire pop up and burn the place to the ground. Why bother to perform the Heimlich Maneuver or CPR on someone? God struck them down fair and square, you busybody!!!

^^reminds me of the woman protesting mask mandates at schools. Saying something along the lines of “if god wanted us to wear mask, he would have covered our mouths and noses”. She said this while wearing glasses. I mean, if god wanted you to see clearly, he would have made your eyes that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogy View Post
    I dont have a religious bone in my body, so I do not understand the "religious exemption".
    It works. Our kid's school wanted tuberculoses shots, My pediatrician advise against it since we were not a risk group and the fact that it l always show positive once vaxed , j just wrote it wa against our religion.... that said both kids had both pfizers
    r

But what's the drawback to getting the tuberculosis shots? If there's no medical reason that it would adversely affect your health, it can only be good insurance against disease. I guess I'm also wondering at the doctor's reasoning of not being in a high risk group. Is TB like completely eradicated?
    czb and crayzeehappee like this.

czb

i don't know about worldwide, but there have def been TB outbreaks in the US. the case rate should be 0. i can't believe it's not.

eta: just looked it up. seems like there is a cluster:

[COLOR=#525252 !important]Two thirds were in eight countries:[/COLOR]

• India (26%),
    • Indonesia (8.5%),
    • China (8.4%),
    • the Philippines (6%),
    • Pakistan (5.7%),
    • Nigeria (4.4%),
    • Bangladesh (3.6%),
    • South Africa (3.6%).

more deets: In the United States, BCG should be considered for only very select people who meet specific criteria and in consultation with a TB expert. Health care providers who are considering BCG vaccination for their patients are encouraged to discuss this intervention with the TB control program in their area.
    Last edited by czb; October 24th, 2021 at 08:57 PM.
    Novice and weathered1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    But what's the drawback to getting the tuberculosis shots? If there's no medical reason that it would adversely affect your health, it can only be good insurance against disease. I guess I'm also wondering at the doctor's reasoning of not being in a high risk group. Is TB like completely eradicated?
    The drawback: once given the TB vaccine, you'll test positive for it (so might cause a false positive -so getting the wrong treatment?) and it isn't very efficient, that was what our pediatrician told us. Another Dr at tropical institute confirmed this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Coach for university of washington football team refused to get vaxxed. Lost his $3 Million a year job. Highest paid state employee in Washington - another thing that shows how out of whack people's priorities are.
    well... he put his convictions over money.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu;[URL="tel:3826493"
    3826493[/URL]]The drawback: once given the TB vaccine, you'll test positive for it (so might cause a false positive -so getting the wrong treatment?) and it isn't very efficient, that was what our pediatrician told us. Another Dr at tropical institute confirmed this.
    I know that this is true for cattle but I was vaccinated when I was a teenager. Now they vaccinate if you are in contact with someone who is at risk & test negative.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I know that this is true for cattle but I was vaccinated when I was a teenager. Now they vaccinate if you are in contact with someone who is at risk & test negative.
    Maybe the Dr thought I was a cow.

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu;[URL="tel:3826564"
    3826564[/URL]]Maybe the Dr thought I was a cow.
    Nooooo!!!!!

I meant I didn’t realise it was true for humans too!
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Nooooo!!!!!

I meant I didn’t realise it was true for humans too!
    i really found it funny.
    Novice likes this.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information