Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Celebrity Anti-Vaxx Thread

czb

why did they dislike matt? he was a breath of fresh air.

^ The Jeopardy "fans" always hate the longtime champs--James, Buzzy and a couple others, I can't remember their names. OMG, they don't do the categories in order! They jump around looking for the daily doubles! I don't like their hand gestures! I don't like their shirt! etc etc. I thought Matt was extremely likable, humble, just seemed like a nice, smart as hell guy. Can't wait to see him in Tournament of Champions. I am not even looking forward to today's game. Usually the ones who beat a champ like that end up one and done.
    czb and weathered1 like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

yeah - that was my read on matt. likeable and humble. like he would be half-surprised when he slammed a daily double. and wow was he smart. really wide breadth of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    why did they dislike matt? he was a breath of fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    ^ The Jeopardy "fans" always hate the longtime champs--James, Buzzy and a couple others, I can't remember their names. OMG, they don't do the categories in order! They jump around looking for the daily doubles! I don't like their hand gestures! I don't like their shirt! etc etc. I thought Matt was extremely likable, humble, just seemed like a nice, smart as hell guy. Can't wait to see him in Tournament of Champions. I am not even looking forward to today's game. Usually the ones who beat a champ like that end up one and done.
    They also hated, and nitpicked that he only said what for every answer instead of who if the answer was a person. I used to get into fights over there constantly then joined the Jeopardy complainers group and that is a breath of fresh air. I still go over to the other page when I see that Cheesesteak sue posted something because they just have no sense of humor over there and just go off on her.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    It also seems like feminists also took a dim view of her op-ed after the Weinstein story broke that she had always dressed modestly for industry interviews and (apparently, as a result) was not harassed.
    "They were asking for it." Ugh.

Yeah I like Mayim because she's smart and isn't afraid to go against the grain but the Weinstein thing was pretty victim-blaming bullshit that she's wrong about. Like I'm no conventional beauty either and dress "modestly" and have mostly avoided those situations too but it's due to luck & probability, not my "virtue." Like, you can't just ignore that modestly dressed uglies get assaulted too.

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    All these vaccine-refusing twats should move to TX, they'd fit right in. Our idiot gov has just issued an executive order that bans even private businesses from requiring anyone to get vaccinated to stay employed/be hired.
    My spouse reading about anti-vaxxer shenanigans online: People just can't be that fucking stupid.
    Me: Texas: Hold my beer!

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Yeah I like Mayim because she's smart and isn't afraid to go against the grain but the Weinstein thing was pretty victim-blaming bullshit that she's wrong about. Like I'm no conventional beauty either and dress "modestly" and have mostly avoided those situations too but it's due to luck & probability, not my "virtue." Like, you can't just ignore that modestly dressed uglies get assaulted too.
    yeah, she is smart but was dumb on that one. unbelievably clueless. which makes me think she is isolated and doesn't even have friends in the industry. or any type of corp job for that matter.
    Kittylady and sputnik like this.

^^^^
    i think it's also her religious beliefs. she may not proselytise like evangelicals but she's orthodox and clearly buys into the whole modesty thing and whether it's jews, catholics or muslims, it's not just that they value modesty, it's that they think women have to be modest to stop men acting untoward, which is victim-blamey and misogynistic as fuck.
    at the same time - and this is what i mean about progressives and feminists having its own blind spots, including about judaism - feminists went after mayim for her comments, and they have no problem (rightfully) vilifying evangelical conservative women, but they also idolise a handful of progressive muslim feminist figures who also happen to wear the veil and believe in the same 'modesty' bullshit, and they get no flak for it because islamophobia.
    Kittylady likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Country singer Travis Tritt refusing to book at venues that require vaccination cards or recent testing. I'm disappointed in him.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...dates-1243861/
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

What you want to bet that he himself is vaccinated?
    Kittylady and Mivvi21 like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

I dont have a religious bone in my body, so I do not understand the "religious exemption"

I was raised in the Lutheran church, baptized, had communion and confirmed. I was made to read the bible front to back. There is no wording about vaccinations in the bible (obviously). So I do not understand how people can claim this.

I'm in the state of Iowa, USA and this is the wording on the exemption form:

A religious exemption may be granted to an applicant only if immunization conflicts with a genuine and sincere religious belief. A Certificate ofImmunization Exemption for religious reasons shall be signed by the applicant or, if the applicant is a minor, by the parent or guardian or legallyauthorized representative. By signing this certificate you are attesting that the immunization conflicts with a genuine and sincere religious belief andthat the belief is in fact religious, and not based merely on philosophical, scientific, moral, personal, or medical opposition to immunizations. TheCertificate of Immunization Exemption for religious reasons is valid only when notarized. A child granted a religious exemption may be excluded fromchild care or school during a disease outbreak. The length of time a child is excluded from child care or school will vary depending on the type ofdisease and the circumstances surrounding the outbreak, and could range from several days to over a month.
    Total bullshit. Get the shot, stop the spread. My 79 father is getting his booster next week but my two brothers refuse to even get one shot.

czb

christian scientists is the only organized religion i know of that advocates non-medical intervention. not sure how the scienos feel about covid. and maybe jehovah witnesses? but even together, these are probably only <3% of the US pop. i'm totally making that up. maybe the numbers are bigger so don't quote me.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    christian scientists is the only organized religion i know of that advocates non-medical intervention. not sure how the scienos feel about covid. and maybe jehovah witnesses? but even together, these are probably only <3% of the US pop. i'm totally making that up. maybe the numbers are bigger so don't quote me.
    Christian Scientists don't have a ban on vaccination. Though they rely on prayer for healing, in 2019 they issued a perspective on vaccination that said "for more than a century, our denomination has counseled respect for public health authorities and conscientious obedience to the laws of the land, including those requiring vaccination." They also encourage members to recognize the seriousness of public health concerns (https://www.christianscience.com/pre...-public-health). That statement came out before COVID, but they recently confirmed that their statement on vaccinations remains current.

Jehovah's Witnesses also don't have a ban on vaccinations. They dropped their objection to vaccinations in 1952. Their objection was based on the belief that vaccines were made with animal blood cells, but once it was made clear that no blood products are used in vaccines, they dropped their objection to them. As a matter of fact, they encourage vaccination as a way of protecting their health by avoiding infectious disease.

The are really only a handful of Christian denominations that have an objection to vaccinations - Dutch Reformed Congregations, Faith Tabernacle, Church of the First Born, Faith Assembly, and End Time Ministrie. Not exactly the big names in Christian denominations.
    czb and Trixie like this.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

^ Right. So as Froogy said, total bullshit. Why are people getting away with this when they don't even belong to a church that objects to vaccinations?
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information