Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Celebrity Anti-Vaxx Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    On Mayim Bialik, well since she claims her kids are vaccinated and she's thoroughly science-educated, I want to conclude it's just a case of nerdy devil's advocacy? Maybe a touch of influence from her orthodox Jewish involvement, is what I'm thinking.
    yeah, that's what i think.
    i hate the big bang theory with a passion but i think mayim gets singled out a lot because she's somewhat more conservative than the typical celebrity and she seems to especially piss off feminist and progressive media outlets because she's pro israel and because as an orthodox jew she's very conservative in her way of dressing etc., and has some weird crunchy granola beliefs and practices (like the breastfeeding and attachment parenting, etc) but she's also not proselytising evangelical style so i think it might be a case of feminists/progressives showing their own slightly anti-semitic biases because they basically take everything she says and interpret it in the most bad faith way possible, while defending other celebrities who say way worse things. they've been doing it for years on websites like jezebel and they're doing it again with the vaccine comments.
    Novice likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Nov, hope you're feeling better.
    Novice likes this.

Sending you all the best, healing vibes, Novice.
    Novice likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i hate the big bang theory with a passion but i think mayim gets singled out a lot because she's somewhat more conservative than the typical celebrity and she seems to especially piss off feminist and progressive media outlets because she's pro israel and because as an orthodox jew she's very conservative in her way of dressing etc., and has some weird crunchy granola beliefs and practices (like the breastfeeding and attachment parenting, etc) but she's also not proselytising evangelical style so i think it might be a case of feminists/progressives showing their own slightly anti-semitic biases because they basically take everything she says and interpret it in the most bad faith way possible, while defending other celebrities who say way worse things. they've been doing it for years on websites like jezebel and they're doing it again with the vaccine comments.
    It also seems like feminists also took a dim view of her op-ed after the Weinstein story broke that she had always dressed modestly for industry interviews and (apparently, as a result) was not harassed. I don't have an opinion about Bialik one way or another, for the most part. I never watched "Blossom", also cannot tolerate "Big Bang Theory", and think that Jeopardy is an inexplicably popular snoozefest. But none of that is Bialik's fault.
    Mivvi21 likes this.

I love her on Jeopardy. A South Florida man just beat Matt Amodio the reigning champion who has won over a million and a half dollars!
    czb likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja;[URL="tel:3825776"
    3825776[/URL]]It also seems like feminists also took a dim view of her op-ed after the Weinstein story broke that she had always dressed modestly for industry interviews and (apparently, as a result) was not harassed. I don't have an opinion about Bialik one way or another, for the most part. I never watched "Blossom", also cannot tolerate "Big Bang Theory", and think that Jeopardy is an inexplicably popular snoozefest. But none of that is Bialik's fault.
    Dress is one thing but one also gives off a “vibe”.

I did a bit of Googling (between drinking tea & watching tv) and Israel really got the orthodox Rabbis involved in the vaccination program so maybe she went back to clarify with that (senior rabbinical thinking) in mind?
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

All these vaccine-refusing twats should move to TX, they'd fit right in. Our idiot gov has just issued an executive order that bans even private businesses from requiring anyone to get vaccinated to stay employed/be hired.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

^^^^
    i doubt any of those measures would stand up in court though. wasn't there already a court case that a bunch of angry employees from a hospital in texas lost, because they got fired for refusing to get vaxxed by a certain date?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

i would be surprised if mayim proselytised - that is very much against the jewish culture and religion. and probably why as a jewish person i get seriously annoyed when people try to push their religious beliefs on me.

i think where being pro-vax goes a bit wonky is because many of us do believe 'my body my choice'. that would be great except with vaccination, the whole herd-immunity thing comes into play so it needs a community to immunize. but most people i've talked to don't really understand herd immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I love her on Jeopardy. A South Florida man just beat Matt Amodio the reigning champion who has won over a million and a half dollars!
    i think she is wonderful on jeopardy. i missed the episode where matt lost ... he was a great contestant.
    sputnik and Novice like this.

The Brooklyn Nets said Kyrie Irving (one of the NBA's best players but a guy who believes a lot of really dumb stuff) is indefinitely no longer practicing or playing games with them until he is vaccinated.

^^^^
    i doubt any of those measures would stand up in court though. wasn't there already a court case that a bunch of angry employees from a hospital in texas lost, because they got fired for refusing to get vaxxed by a certain date?
    I don't know if it would stand up in court, but the hypocrisy is what makes me crazy. This mofo and his brigade are always whining about the evils of "government interference" but they love to try to control what people can and can't do, as in disallowing private businesses from implementing their own vaccination policies, not to mention legislating their evil, idiotic "heartbeat" law.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    i would be surprised if mayim proselytised - that is very much against the jewish culture and religion. and probably why as a jewish person i get seriously annoyed when people try to push their religious beliefs on me.

i think where being pro-vax goes a bit wonky is because many of us do believe 'my body my choice'. that would be great except with vaccination, the whole herd-immunity thing comes into play so it needs a community to immunize. but most people i've talked to don't really understand herd immunity.

i think she is wonderful on jeopardy. i missed the episode where matt lost ... he was a great contestant.
    agree on all points. and i watched two episodes of jeopardy with the guy who won 1.5 million dollars - first time i've watched since trebek stopped hosting - and i agree with you she's an excellent host.
    czb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I don't know if I love her, but she's definitely a step up from the clown they hired and fired. Obviously, no one will ever fill Alex's shoes.

I'm gonna miss Matt! I was hoping he might finally knock Jennings off his pedestal.
    czb likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

czb

matt was great! and i was thrilled that they finally had a contestant who had facial expressions and acted excited. he always seemed so happy to be there. get tired of the poker face.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post

It was last night so tonight will be this new guys 2nd day. I hope he continues a winning streak. The people on the facebook Jeopardy! page hated Matt. All they did was complain. the posters over there are toxic. One of them (not a toxic one) started a Jeopardy complainers parody page and I love it. Her name is cheesesteak sue and she trolls those haters on the Jeopardy! page big time.
    Trixie likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information