Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Cee Lo Green investigated for sexual assault

I like that song he does but there was always something sleazy about him.

He's an ass and an idiot. Too bad, because I liked his music, but I won't be listening to it anymore. I've seen him several times in person here in ATL and he's unattractive, creepy, built like an Oompa-Loompa and has T-rex arms. Also, quiet as its kept, a few natives here gave me the tea on how he was held back a few grades in school back in the day, so that may explain his utter stupidity and lack of articulation of his thoughts in his tweets and his views on rape. Fuck him, and fuck his mom and dad for fucking and making him.
    Last edited by hustle4alivin; September 6th, 2014 at 02:56 AM.
    BITTER likes this.

More good news:

Military base cancels Cee Lo Green performance over rape comments

In an attempt to deal with its own sexual assault crisis, the military is holding the musician accountable

(Credit: AP/Jack Plunkett)

After issuing a series of tweets rejecting the fact that it is possible to rape an unconscious person (and that, unfortunately, it happens quite often), followed by a sorry-not-sorry-style apology, followed by an implicit denial of ever posting the offending tweets in the first place, musician Cee Lo Green has been cut from the line-up of an upcoming concert at a Washington, D.C. navy base. In an effort to grapple with the military’s own massive sexual assault crisis, officials seem to have concluded that implicitly condoning messages like “People who have really been raped REMEMBER!!!” might not be the best course of action.

According to a statement issued by the Naval District Washington via Facebook, Green will no longer perform at a September 20th concert at D.C.’s Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling. Event organizers have made it clear that the decision comes in direct response to the former “The Voice” judge’s rape-related comments:
    We seek a Department-wide culture of gender dignity and respect where sexual assault is completely eliminated and never tolerated, where sexual assault victims receive compassionate and coordinated support, and where offenders are held appropriately accountable.

Unfortunately, one of the performers we signed for the JBAB Freedom Live show on 20 September recently posted comments on social media that we consider to completely inconsistent with Navy core values. Regardless of intent or context, the lack of sensitivity towards an issue that is one of the great challenges facing our Navy is unacceptable.

As a result, we have made the decision to pull CeeLo Green from the Freedom Live event on 20 September. Little Big Town, the main attraction for the event, will still perform as scheduled. We will announce as soon as possible a replacement opening act of the high quality that you expect and deserve.

Jezebel reports that at least one veteran filed a complaint with the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office at the Department of Defense after Green’s offensive tweets came to light, and the base has been lauded for its decision to boot the performer from the line-up. The military’s response, even if it comes from just a single base, indicates some much-needed cognizance of the armed forces’ endemic culture of sexual abuse.

Still, with recent increases in the number of sexual assault reports and a climate that engenders a fear of speaking out, there is clearly a lot more change needed.

Military base cancels Cee Lo Green performance over rape comments - Salon.com
    sprynkles and sluce like this.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

He looks like Jabba the Hutt.
    holly and hustle4alivin like this.

Did the Navy just get in a sly dig at this rapist by stating he was never the main attraction anyway? Go Navy.
    sprynkles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Did the Navy just get in a sly dig at this rapist by stating he was never the main attraction anyway? Go Navy.
    Sure looks like it!

why doesn't he just get hookers instead of knocking out poor unsuspecting chicks. because he's an ASSHOLE!!!

If he weren't famous, he'd never have access to any women.
    Last edited by BITTER; September 6th, 2014 at 09:16 AM.
    sluce and hustle4alivin like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

Another lost gig. Good.
    http://gawker.com/ceelo-dropped-as-headliner-of-louisiana-music-festival-1631433624

What really grinds me is his non-apology, where he says the comments "were attributed to him". No, they weren't. This wasn't some aarticle, where the reporter misinterpreted what he said, he tweeted this himself. Asshole.

CeeLo Dropped as Headliner of Louisiana Music Festival

Expand
    After shitting out a string of tweets that promoted the wrongheaded idea that "People who have been really raped REMEMBER!!!", CeeLo Green has been dropped by the Gretna Heritage Festival in Louisiana as its headlining artist. This follows Green being dropped as a performer at a D.C. naval base.

Green pleaded no contest on August 29 to one count of furnishing a controlled substance, after which he was sentenced to three years of probation, 360 hours of community service, and 52 AA meetings. A woman had accused CeeLo of drugging her, after which she allegedly woke up next to the singer in the morning, unclear on the prior night's events.

After attempting to quantify his personal definition of rape to people on Twitter, Green deleted his tweets, and then issued a non-apology:
    CeeLo Green @CeeLoGreen · 3. sep.

I truly and deeply apologize for the comments attributed to me on Twitter. Those comments were idiotic, untrue and not what I believe.

The Times-Picayune reports that the Gretna Heritage Festival, which is scheduled for October 3–5, has replaced Green with Joan Jett and the Blackhearts.
    Via the Times-Picayune:
    Green's comments, according to the press release signed by Jefferson Parish councilman and festival co-chair Ricky Templet, were "not acceptable."
    "Our community does not condone these disparaging remarks delivered by Cee Lo Green, and we feel this entertainer does not represent what our festival is about and has achieved over the past 20 years," he wrote.
    I don't know why everything shows up as a link, sorry. I can't seem to get this article to post right, having problems with the QUOTE's too.
    Last edited by idunno; September 6th, 2014 at 01:30 PM.

Is this the reason he's not on The Voice any longer?
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Elite Member

According to this article, he quit to avoid being fired.
    http://www.thewrap.com/nbc-voice-cee...-inside-story/

Insider: CeeLo Green Quit ‘The Voice’ to Avoid Being Fired (Exclusive)

TV | By Jethro Nededog on February 19, 2014 @ 5:24 pm
    For some reason, I can't post the article. I get an error message saying the message is too short...?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information