Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 77
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: CBS pulls Rihanna Song as Thursday NFL Opener in Wake of Ray Rice Scandal

  1. #61
    Elite Member dougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top
    Posts
    5,595

    Default

    Rihanna reacts angrily to CBS for pulling her NFL performance following Ray Rice video 'due to her being a victim of a domestic violence incident' | Mail Online

    'F**** you!': Rihanna hits out at CBS for pulling her NFL performance 'due to her being a victim of a domestic violence incident'
    By George Stark for MailOnline
    Published: 09:50 EST, 16 September 2014 | Updated: 10:21 EST, 16 September 2014

    Rihanna has responded to CBS after it was claimed they pulled her scheduled performance at the Baltimore Ravens game, following the release of a video showing ex-player Ray Rice knocking his fiancée unconscious.

    The singer - who was herself the victim of a high-profile domestic violence incident back in 2009 - took to Twitter on Tuesday to vent her frustration.

    'CBS you pulled my song last week, now you wanna slide it back in this Thursday?' she wrote, before adding: 'NO, F*** you! Y'all are sad for penalizing me for this.'


    Not happy: Rihanna took to Twitter on Tuesday to vent her frustration at CBS after they pulled her NFL performance in the wake of the Ray Rice scandal


    Angry: Rihanna reacts on Twitter after it was suggested her being the victim of a high-profile domestic violence incident was the reason her NFL performance was pulled

    CBS Sports Chairman Sean McManus had said that the changes were made to give the game coverage a more 'subdued' tone and journalistic approach.

    Asked if Rihanna's own history as a victim of domestic violence was a reason the song was cut, McManus said it was among several factors considered but was not the overriding one.

    Rihanna - whose then boyfriend Chris Brown was charged with assault for attacking the singer at the 2009 Grammys - added on Twitter: 'The audacity'.


    Nope, not finished: Rihanna went back on Twitter to add a second thought


    Why should she be penalized? Asked if Rihanna's own history as a victim of domestic violence was a reason the song was cut, a CBS spokesman said it was among several factors considered but was not the overriding one


    Rihanna and Chris Brown, pictured performing together in December 2008. The following month, Brown was arrested after a domestic violence assault on his girlfriend which left her battered and bruised


    Archive: Rihanna in court to support Chris Brown at hearing


    Wide receiver Steve Smith of the Baltimore Ravens misses a touchdown pass in front of cornerback Cortez Allen of the Pittsburgh Steelers during 2nd quarter at M&T Bank Stadium on Thursday in Baltimore, Maryland

    In this still image taken from a hotel security video released by TMZ Sports, Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice punches his fiancee, Janay Palmer, in an elevator at the Revel casino in Atlantic City in February

    Last week, Chris Brown told Rolling Stone that Ray Rice should seek therapy, as he did.

    'To Ray, or anybody else... It's all about how you control yourself,' Chris, 25, said, as he discussed how he's learned to manage his anger since his 2009 assault of then-girlfriend Rihanna.

    ‘I can just say I’ve been down that road,’ Chris said. ‘I deal with situations and I’ve made my mistakes too, but it’s all about how you push forward and how you control yourself.’

    CBS' Thursday Night Football, featuring the debut game of Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore, eliminated a track of Jay-Z's, Run This Town, featuring Rihanna and Kanye West - along with other 'high energy' elements and a comedic stint, NFL officials said.


    Former Ravens star Ray Rice is shown in May with his wife Janay at a New Jersey courthouse to face charges of domestic violence. He was let go from the Baltimore team this week after the full video emerged from the incident showing Rice punching his then-fiancée unconscious

    Rihanna reacts angrily to CBS for pulling her NFL performance following Ray Rice video 'due to her being a victim of a domestic violence incident' | Mail Online

  2. #62
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Admittedly, I don't like Rihanna. I just don't like her. So I may be biased when I say this....

    Really, Rihanna???
    You are in a position where you make your living off of your image, but you stood by and defended a man who beat your ass. The images were released to the world!

    Where was your smart mouth then?

    When you could have taken a stance against domestic violence and been a support for all the ladies without courage, you could have been an icon to make a difference for those who suffer, but where were you then?

    You were by the side of a man the public and your fans begged you to leave. In remaining silent, you forgave his behavior, you let him take the public punishments, the court requirements and his "image" will never be the same.

    You kept silent in the media while secretly fucking him and appeared at his court hearings, to support him.

    You didn't leave until he started being sloppy with another girl.

    So it's ok, that he beats you before an awards show? You defend him for that? But when he bangs another girl, that's not ok? THAT'S when it's time to leave???

    Rihanna, with your money, resources, connections and press availability, You could have made a difference, worldwide.

    So, no, Fuck You Bitch!!! YOU are audacious!!!

    **** ok, don't anybody try to interpret this as a woman who stays silent is not abused... Ok??? That's not what I mean. Rihanna, IMO, had every resource available to leave Chris Brown and didnt. She has not portrayed heself as a victim of DV, until now, when the NFL cut a song she recorded years ago, and they didnt want to play it she says Fuck You, you're doing this because I'm a DV victim!!! Well, No, you can't refuse to be a DV victim when the abuse happened and then choose to be one when it affects your image/pocketbook.*****

    Oh and Janay Rice would have left her husband if he wasn't playing for the NFL. Again, that's just my opinion. That can kinda be interpreted as a woman with a rich husband Might stay and suffer because he is rich.

  3. #63
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,687

    Default

    Resources have nothing to do with the psychology of abuse victims and why they stay. Abuse cuts across all socio economic levels. But keep on victim blaming.
    mjw, Kittylady and Lalasnake like this.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  4. #64
    Elite Member Geest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    In the first part of the video she seems pretty confident in keeping her ground. Not like a regularly abused person. I don't think she'd ever imagined he'd clock her like that. Ok, temporary insanity, never happened before, won't ever after (quit booze, therapy etc) I can understand her defending her relationship.

    But the way he was dragging her, leaving her lying on the floor; turning her around and almost putting her head in the way of the lift door; no kindness, hurry to right what he did wrong, stroke her head, pull her into his lap, showing NO sign of "fuck I shouldn't have done that".

    It was "I showed you bitch who the boss is" from the get go.

    Now that's why I think she should have run and left him. It's her life, so I don't judge but from a couch perspective, I would have reacted differently in the aftermath.

    Can't say anything nice about NFL.

    ps: women, learn self-defense! start a class tonight!

  5. #65
    mjw
    mjw is offline
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cnynrnr View Post
    Oh and Janay Rice would have left her husband if he wasn't playing for the NFL. Again, that's just my opinion. That can kinda be interpreted as a woman with a rich husband Might stay and suffer because he is rich.
    Of course, Janay won't leave her husband because she's a GOLD DIGGER. Just completely ignore the fact poor women stay in abusive relationships all the time.
    Kittylady and witchcurlgirl like this.

  6. #66
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cnynrnr View Post
    Admittedly, I don't like Rihanna. I just don't like her. So I may be biased when I say this....

    Really, Rihanna???
    You are in a position where you make your living off of your image, but you stood by and defended a man who beat your ass. The images were released to the world!

    Where was your smart mouth then?

    When you could have taken a stance against domestic violence and been a support for all the ladies without courage, you could have been an icon to make a difference for those who suffer, but where were you then?

    You were by the side of a man the public and your fans begged you to leave. In remaining silent, you forgave his behavior, you let him take the public punishments, the court requirements and his "image" will never be the same.

    You kept silent in the media while secretly fucking him and appeared at his court hearings, to support him.

    You didn't leave until he started being sloppy with another girl.

    So it's ok, that he beats you before an awards show? You defend him for that? But when he bangs another girl, that's not ok? THAT'S when it's time to leave???

    Rihanna, with your money, resources, connections and press availability, You could have made a difference, worldwide.

    So, no, Fuck You Bitch!!! YOU are audacious!!!

    **** ok, don't anybody try to interpret this as a woman who stays silent is not abused... Ok??? That's not what I mean. Rihanna, IMO, had every resource available to leave Chris Brown and didnt. She has not portrayed heself as a victim of DV, until now, when the NFL cut a song she recorded years ago, and they didnt want to play it she says Fuck You, you're doing this because I'm a DV victim!!! Well, No, you can't refuse to be a DV victim when the abuse happened and then choose to be one when it affects your image/pocketbook.*****

    Oh and Janay Rice would have left her husband if he wasn't playing for the NFL. Again, that's just my opinion. That can kinda be interpreted as a woman with a rich husband Might stay and suffer because he is rich.
    i'm no fan of Rihanna either but this is whole lot of uneducated, sociologically-uninformed bullshit. Yikes.

    Good on Rihanna for telling the NFL to shove it up their asses.
    Kittylady and witchcurlgirl like this.

  7. #67
    Elite Member Kittylady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'
    Posts
    21,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Resources have nothing to do with the psychology of abuse victims and why they stay. Abuse cuts across all socio economic levels. But keep on victim blaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Of course, Janay won't leave her husband because she's a GOLD DIGGER. Just completely ignore the fact poor women stay in abusive relationships all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrowFilla View Post
    i'm no fan of Rihanna either but this is whole lot of uneducated, sociologically-uninformed bullshit. Yikes.

    Good on Rihanna for telling the NFL to shove it up their asses.


    Thank you!
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

    How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona


  8. #68
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    43,854

    Default

    I just wish they wouldn't play Rihanna's music because I think it sucks and not for any other reason.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

  9. #69
    Elite Member dougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top
    Posts
    5,595

    Default

    Janay Rice Tells Her Story | msnbc



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8L-VoZH_wc

    msnbc

    Published on Dec 2, 2014
    Janay Rice talks about her husband, former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice, and tells her side of the story from the infamous elevator incident.

    Ray Rice's wife on the elevator incident: 'Like a battle that we just can't win' - News - TODAY.com

    On the show Janay Rice on the impact of the elevator incident: 'Like a battle that we just can't win'

    TODAY

    Dec. 1, 2014 at 8:37 AM ET

    One moment in their lives brought Ray and Janay Rice into the public eye for all the wrong reasons. While Ray Rice has now been reinstated, and is looking for a team, his life off the field, and that of his wife Janay, are forever changed by what happened in that elevator.

    Update: Ray Rice seeks 'second chance' for NFL; admits mistake for not apologizing to Janay

    Recently, Matt Lauer traveled to the Rice home in Baltimore and Janay spoke out with her mother Candy Palmer by her side.
    Janay Rice on the last six months
    Matt Lauer: You have remained silent. Has it been hard not to speak out about this?

    Rice: Yes. That's been the hardest part, is having so much of your life made public and have it all be negative. That's the hardest part. Is not having control over anything that has to do with you. It's a natural thing for a human to want to come out and say, 'No, no. That's not me,' or, 'No, that's not true.' But it's like a battle that we just can't win.
    Rice on that night in the elevator
    Lauer: I guess it was about four days or so after the incident at the casino that the tape, the first tape, came out, the one that was taken outside the elevator. Had you seen the tape?
    Rice: I saw the first one.
    Lauer: So did you see it before it was released to the public?
    Rice: No. We just knew about it.
    Lauer: Were you dreading the moment that that tape came out?
    Rice: Yes. We knew that it was going to happen. We didn't know exactly when it was going to happen. But there was no preparing us for that at all. When I saw that it was horrible you can't make excuses for anything, but we were highly intoxicated. And in the moment you're not thinking about, 'Oh my god. I'm on camera in an elevator.' So of course people are going to read into everything and pick at everything about the situation. We understand that.'
    Rice on seeing the second video
    Lauer: Have you seen the second tape?
    Rice: No. I refuse. I refuse. I'm not going to let the public bring me back there.
    Rice on any prior violence
    Lauer: So me just ask you directly and bluntly. Prior to what we have now seen in that elevator was there ever any incident of violence in your relationship with Ray or has there been any incident of violence since that elevator incident.
    Rice: No
    Candy Palmer: No
    Rice: No. Not at all. Ray knows me. And there's no way. He knows what he would have to deal with, you know, if this was something. You know, I'm not going to sit there in silence and let something happen to me — and God forbid, in front of my child, just like, let it happen? There's no way.

    Rice on her husband's behavior immediately after the incident
    Lauer: And instead of being so freaked out that he kneels down and takes your daughter's head in his arms, and strokes her face and strokes her hair, and says, 'I'm sorry,' he stands there for a long time. What did you think when you saw that part of the tape?
    Palmer: I was very upset by that part and I told him so. I basically told him that I didn't care who was out there at the elevator. 'You should have never left her there like that.' I did tell him that.
    Rice: And I asked him after I saw it, 'Why did you just leave me there like that?' He said he was terrified. He was in such shock that this had just happened and he didn't know how to function at that point. And then, you know, obviously by that time hotel security is there, the police are there.
    Rice on apologizing at the press conference
    Lauer: Did you want to be a part of that press conference?
    Rice: I was ready to do anything that was going to help the situation.
    Lauer: When you say help the situation — help Ray and his career?
    Rice: Both. Help the way we looked in the media. Help his image. Help obviously his career. So, you know, they told us earlier that week we would do the press conference.
    Lauer: Did anyone at the Ravens say, 'Janay, it would be really good if you issue some kind of an apology?'
    Rice: They suggested it. Yes.
    Lauer: Did they come up with the wording?
    Rice: No not specifically. They basically gave us a general script.
    Lauer: That (apology) really started it.
    Rice: Yes. And that was frustrating for me, because obviously people took it as, you know, I'm taking light off of what Ray did. In no way. I was basically, not doing what I was told, but at the same time I didn't think it was completely wrong for me to apologize, because at the end of the day I got arrested, too, so I did something wrong, too. Not taking any light off of what Ray did because I agree with everybody else. He was wrong.

    On Ray not apologizing to her at the press conference
    Lauer: I think a lot of other people reacted to the fact that Ray apologized to the Ravens, and Ravens fans. And he didn't say, 'But most of all, I apologize to my wife.'
    Rice: I mean, in our mind, it's obvious. He apologized to me more than once. Countless amounts of times. I'm sitting there next to him, so I wouldn't be sitting there next to him if I wasn't the first person to get an apology. There's no way. But the whole thing was awkward. We were just doing what we had to do to get it over and done with.
    On having to tell their young daughter what happened one day
    Lauer: You have a 2-year-old daughter, and at some point you're going to have to sit Raven down and tell her this story.
    Rice: I don't think I'll ever be prepared until that moment. But we're gonna be honest with her. You know, we're gonna tell her what happened. Let her know things like this are not okay. It's not something that she should tolerate. You know, let her know that people make mistakes and it's how you learn from them.

    Ray Rice's wife on the elevator incident: 'Like a battle that we just can't win' - News - TODAY.com
    Last edited by dougie; December 2nd, 2014 at 03:39 PM.

  10. #70
    Elite Member sluce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes
    Posts
    37,385

    Default

    I feel like this deserves its own thread since it has nothing to do with Rihanna.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

  11. #71
    Elite Member panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    8,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    I just wish they wouldn't play Rihanna's music because I think it sucks and not for any other reason.
    Agreed.

  12. #72
    Elite Member faithanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    On the Hellmouth
    Posts
    14,053

    Default

    Rice: And I asked him after I saw it, 'Why did you just leave me there like that?' He said he was terrified. He was in such shock that this had just happened and he didn't know how to function at that point.
    This makes me so fucking furious when people (in this case the victim) talk about what "happened", like Chris Brown's non-apology for what "happened" to Rihanna - it didn't just happen you moron, you did it! Or in the case of Janay, her husband did it. It's not some accident that occurred and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. He decked you.
    Ravenna, Kittylady and OrangeSlice like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."



  13. #73
    Elite Member JadeStar70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BFE, Iowa
    Posts
    7,566

    Default

    I can't believe her Dad could be in the same room with Ray without kicking his ass. I know my husband would flip on any man that dropped one of his daughters like that. My husband would be in jail for assault...no question.

    I am not very educated on physical abuse....but does a person punch and knock someone unconscious the first time they hit? You would think the abuse would start with verbal assaults and lead into shoving, pushing, slapping/back handing, ect. It is hard for me to swallow that this was the first and only instance and it led to a TKO in a blink of an eye.

  14. #74
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    24,311

    Default

    She obviously doesn't know her station in life.
    gas_chick likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  15. #75
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    30,962

    Default

    I just don't believe it was the first time, it just reads as denial to me. I can see how stupid shit starts when both parties are intoxicated but in all of the stupidest, ugliest fights, NEVER has my husband laid a hand on me. You don't knock out a person you love, no matter how drunk.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: September 29th, 2010, 07:56 AM
  2. Chris Brown made Rihanna cry with apology song
    By word in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: December 7th, 2009, 05:05 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: November 1st, 2009, 01:53 AM
  4. Lingerie Football Sizzles in Season Opener
    By celeb_2006 in forum Television and Movies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 6th, 2009, 01:10 AM
  5. Calls for Speaker Hastert to resign in wake of Foley scandal
    By buttmunch in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2006, 02:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •