Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: CBS pulls Rihanna Song as Thursday NFL Opener in Wake of Ray Rice Scandal

Elite Member

Well...I hope for her sake that he really has changed and I strongly hoped that they were both thoroughly educated on DV and that he manages his alcohol consumption. I hope they have received individual and joint counseling. Because, if nothing else, that tape shows that he has the capacity to lose control and inflict severe damage under the right (wrong) circumstances.

ETA: And how totally ridiculous to cut Rihanna's song because someone else beat the shit out of her.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Molly, she in DANGER, gurl.
    I think they're both in danger. She was no shrinking violet in that footage. He might have knocked her the fuck out but she was swinging on him too.

James Brown made a really wonderful statement at the beginning of the program regarding domestic violence.
    sluce and Cinnamon*Girl like this.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

The way that he dragged her out of the elevator is what makes me think it wasn't the first time something has gone down between them. I would have thought that someone who had a momentary and dreadful lapse would be frantic that they had put their partner out cold, not hauling them off and out of sight.

And they are BOTH wrong for trying to take chunks off each other but as for bitching that people are commenting on it - if you want to start boxing in public then shit is going to GET public.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

This looked like Ali knocking out Sonny Liston. It's just pure luck that her jaw or eye socket didn't end up broken. She's in danger even if she doesn't see it, and so is every other woman who has a man that slaps her around. I'm sure a very small percentage of these couples can get therapy and stay together, but I would doubt most can. Violence begets violence, and it almost always escalates. If someone I loved was the woman in this situation I sure as fuck wouldn't be recommended therapy and counseling.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Yesterday, TMZ showed videos of the two of them walking the hallway to the elevator. It looked like they were arguing as they walked and he spit on her. She slapped him (but missed more than she hit). Once in the elevator he spit on her again, and she moved towards him to spit on him when he knocked her out. I don't think she ever really took a swing at him. I hope they've both received counseling, especially since they have a baby.

Isn't it great that TMZ has access to all these videos but the NFL, and Ravens claim they didn't? Did the police and judge see all the videos or were they blinded fame?

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    This looked like Ali knocking out Sonny Liston. It's just pure luck that her jaw or eye socket didn't end up broken. She's in danger even if she doesn't see it, and so is every other woman who has a man that slaps her around. I'm sure a very small percentage of these couples can get therapy and stay together, but I would doubt most can. Violence begets violence, and it almost always escalates. If someone I loved was the woman in this situation I sure as fuck wouldn't be recommended therapy and counseling.
    The cases I have seen succeed all involved addiction when the person then got clean/sober and stayed that way. Otherwise I agree.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Kid View Post
    Yesterday, TMZ showed videos of the two of them walking the hallway to the elevator. It looked like they were arguing as they walked and he spit on her. She slapped him (but missed more than she hit). Once in the elevator he spit on her again, and she moved towards him to spit on him when he knocked her out. I don't think she ever really took a swing at him. I hope they've both received counseling, especially since they have a baby.
    I see the video a bit differently than you. When it first starts she shoves him and keeps walking. No matter who was spiting, etc she did come at him in an aggressive way as well. Two wrongs don't make it right however, women need to show restraint as well. I say this having been in an abusive relationship in my early 20s. I never raised my hands in either defense or aggression until I got to the point where I had enough. I fought back and that was the final time a man raised his hands to me. I left.

While I agree she shouldn't have laid her hands on him either, she sure didn't knock him out, drag his body and leave him laying out.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

The advantage a man has when a woman starts to act aggressively is that he can more easily physically remove himself from the situation. For a woman it can be much, much harder due to the general disparity in strength. It's hard to walk away when they are tossing you about like a rag doll every time you make for the door.
    Palermo, yanna and chartreuse like this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Well, that's the issue. She obviously feels partially responsible for what happened since she was also physically aggressive. No matter what the public thinks, at this time she is not mentally at the point where she feels she needs to leave the relationship. She probably thinks that as long as they stay sober, this will never happen again. For her sake, I hope she is right. However, that's a lot of eggshells to be treading forever.
    sluce, CL** and Kittylady like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Well, that's the issue. She obviously feels partially responsible for what happened since she was also physically aggressive. No matter what the public thinks, at this time she is not mentally at the point where she feels she needs to leave the relationship. She probably thinks that as long as they stay sober, this will never happen again. For her sake, I hope she is right. However, that's a lot of eggshells to be treading forever.
    Hell yeah. I mean, I don't know them, I don't know what went before in their relationship, and I don't know how they dealt with the aftermath of that incident, but she has chosen to stay with him. When I posted before, I just meant that given that choice, I hope they are getting a lot of outside help. But she's made a very risky choice. I love the baby Jesus too, and I believe that people can change, but all that shit can go out the window pretty fast if he hasn't fundamentally changed, they haven't learned how not to escalate, or she doesn't recognize the red flags when she sees them.
    Trixie likes this.
    Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

Bronze Member

I wish this couple the best. Hopefully they are recieving enough help to change their behavior. I don't believe Janay considers herself a victim of domestic violence. I don't think Rihanna considers herself a victim either. They both forgave and excused the behavior.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    While I agree she shouldn't have laid her hands on him either, she sure didn't knock him out, drag his body and leave him laying out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    The advantage a man has when a woman starts to act aggressively is that he can more easily physically remove himself from the situation. For a woman it can be much, much harder due to the general disparity in strength. It's hard to walk away when they are tossing you about like a rag doll every time you make for the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post

I do agree with all of you. I just take the stance that if a woman is going to raise her hands, then she should be prepared for the fall out. IMO, she wasn't a passive victim in all of this.
    Flygirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    It was the level of violence - I mean, he hit her like they were going at it in a boxing ring - that was so shocking. He knocked her OUT. And now it's recorded for posterity. People can't NOT say anything. It's seen. It's known. Can't take it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    this!
    the violence is shocking, and you can tell by the way he drags her out, like he's just thinking about getting rid of her and not taking care of her at all, shows this wasn't "accidental" where he regretted it immediately - that was pure violence. cold. no emotion.
    i hope she has people in her life who support her when she's ready to leave.
    rollo, gas_chick, BITTER and 1 others like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I don't condone violence but to me, this is first world problems. He is making his money as a football player. Plays games that people watch.
    I'm sorry but we have people who also bust their asses saving lives, protecting lives, teaching and so forth. Most of them don't beat their spouses either.
    STFU Rices. Got problems? Press charges. Get counselling. Get a divorce. Whatever! Get off my newsfeed. There way more important people in this world that deserve my attention and concern
    my .02

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information