Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: CBC cuts ties with Jian Ghomeshi after receiving 'information' about host

This is turning out to be a very fun story after all.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

He's lost nearly 40,000 Facebook likes since an accuser with a name came forward yesterday.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

It's definitely going to be more difficult to sneak up on people and throttle or donkey punch them after this week. That's for sure.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I got teddies just like that for my mum! She loves bears too, although thankfully not to the extent where people are expected to talk to them...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Hit By Ban Bus!

Here's a link to even more Jian Ghomeshi articles from The Globe and Mail.

So many new articles are surfacing each day, I can barely keep up.

We are in for a helluva ride!

Toronto police investigating Jian Ghomeshi allegations

Lucy DeCouture and 2nd woman file police complaints, former Q host denies wrongdoing

CBC News Posted: Oct 31, 2014 6:39 PM ET Last Updated: Oct 31, 2014 8:17 PM ET
    Jian Ghomeshi, former host of CBC's Q, denies the allegations against him. (Mark Blinch/Reuters)

Related Stories

Toronto police have opened a criminal investigation into Jian Ghomeshi after two women filed police complaints about the former CBC radio host.
    CBC has confirmed that one of the women is Trailer Park Boys actress Lucy DeCouture, who told CBC News earlier this week that Ghomeshi attacked her on a date in 2003.
    Ghomeshi, former host of the cultural affairs radio show Q, was fired last Sunday. The CBC issued a memo Friday saying he was dismissed after CBC saw "graphic evidence" that he had "caused physical injury to a woman."
    The Canadian Press said Ghomeshi and his lawyer were not immediately available for comment. He has previously denied the allegations, saying he only ever participated in consensual sexual acts.
    On Thursday, he said he would meet the allegations "directly" but said he won't discuss the matter further with the media.

Source:Toronto police investigating Jian Ghomeshi allegations - Canada - CBC News

Elite Member

Like AnnT wrote, the Ghomeshi articles are coming fast these days, and this one almost sounds too ridiculous to be true. Nobody is so stupid that they show their boss a homemade sex video to prove their innocence.
    Jian Ghomeshi Showed Graphic Film of Himself Beating Women to the CBC

Increasingly unhinged-sounding Canadian DJ Jian Ghomeshi was fired from his job at the CBC last weekend after allegations surfaced that he had been subjecting women to sexual violence to which they did not consent for years. But before he was fired, he made sure he showed his colleagues a film he thought would prove his innocence: a "graphic" film starring Jian Ghomeshi beating consenting women in a sexual context. According to the Toronto Star, Ghomeshi and his lawyers knew that reporters were looking into his creepy sexual proclivities this summer. At the time, Ghomeshi's camp claimed to be in possession of evidence that exonerated him. Ghomeshi, who is apparently self-obsessed and constantly checking for mentions of himself on Twitter and Facebook, heard earlier this month an ominous quote from Jesse Brown during a podcast appearance, a reporter who had contacted him about the sex abuse story this summer. Ghomeshi mistook the statement to be about him and as a "last ditch" attempt at damage control, went to his bosses at the CBC with what he called "evidence" that exonerated him.

Jian Ghomeshi showed CBC executives video that depicted him engaged in bondage, beating, sources…Read on thestar.​com

Turns out, the evidence was "graphic" videos, which Ghomeshi thought would prove to his employers that the women who were about to publicly accuse him of sexual misconduct were lying, as (according to him) it's possible to bruise a consenting partner in the context of BDSM.
    Ghomeshi was fired that weekend. In the ensuing days, 9 separate women came forward with differing stories of what looks to be a pattern of abuse spanning more than a decade. Even the superstar crisis management firm he hired this summer dropped him.
    Icing on the cake: the "ominous" Jesse Brown statement that spooked Ghomeshi so much that he ran scared to his employer with dirty videos was about a completely different story.
    AnnT likes this.

His hair alone deserves serious jail time.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

I had heard rumors that CBC had seen videos and that what was on them prompted the sudden firing but he showed them his own BDSM tapes???? What the? If you're showing your bosses your sex tapes in order to prove consent, that's messed up. I gather that whatever was there was pretty bad if the immediate reaction was to scrub all trace of him from the network.
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; November 1st, 2014 at 09:33 AM. Reason: i accidentally a word
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    I had heard rumors that CBC had seen videos and that what was on them prompted the sudden firing but he showed them his own BDSM tapes???? What the? If you're showing your bosses your sex tapes in order to prove consent, that's messed up. I gather that whatever was pretty bad if the immediate reaction was to scrub all trace of him from the network.
    Don't blame him. Mr Big Ears told him to do it. Said it would be a good idea. "Fix everything" the bear said. Of course Mr Big Ears also calls Ghomeshi "Ian", instead of "Jian", just to piss him off. He and that bear have one complicated relationship! Now off to youtube to watch BJ and the Bear episodes!

There is no way anyone can convince me that many people at the CBC were not aware of some of his behavior. I know several people who have worked at CBC Toronto, and it is no different than any other office. The rumour mill runs 24/7 and the juicier the gossip the more quickly it travels.
    politesse and BuffyKatniss like this.

Gold Member

I think it's become pretty clear in all of this that Ghomeshi's behaviour was anything but secret and just accepted by the small media/music industry in Canada. If you read some accounts, the women themselves say that there was no rape and their encounters started perfectly normal...a few minutes later they're being choked and hit and then they leave thinking "wtf just happened"? And they don't report because it's shocking a fucked up and they don't know what to think, and never contact him again.

In any case, he is a seriously disturbed individual. Probably prone to suicide at this point because what on earth is he going to do? His fall from grace has been/is spectacular.

did his teddy bear have a camera in it's ass that he had to turn it around everytime he beat up a woman? he probably has videos of all his victims on his hard drive.
    rollo and Stereo Inferno like this.

I read today he left the country but the police said they will call him back if they need to talk to him.
    I heard they are also wanting to talk to Carleton university students who did placement at CBC.
    I thought maybe he might commit suicide too. I wonder if this is his rock bottom.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by idunno View Post
    Like AnnT wrote, the Ghomeshi articles are coming fast these days, and this one almost sounds too ridiculous to be true. Nobody is so stupid that they show their boss a homemade sex video to prove their innocence.
    I had no idea that Ghomeshi did this...I'm trying very hard to keep up with all the articles about him. What a tool.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information