Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: CBC cuts ties with Jian Ghomeshi after receiving 'information' about host

Elite Member

Well, according to this article, three women say he attacked them during sex. I guess his defence will be, that it was consensual BDSM.
    Report: CBC Radio Host Jian Ghomeshi Attacked Three Women During Sex

I love that his pre-emptive strike seems to have backfired, and brought more attention to the women's side of the story.

Three women have come forward alleging that they were attacked by CBC radio host Jian Ghomeshi, detailing physically and verbally abusive encounters with the popular radio personality to a Toronto Star reporter.

CBC Drops Radio Star Jian Ghomeshi

After what the public broadcaster called "serious deliberation and careful…Read more

Ghomeshi—who claims he was fired because radio execs felt his sexual proclivities were "unbecoming of a prominent host on the CBC"—said Sunday that all of his admittedly rough sexual encounters have been consensual.
    Not so, say at least three women who approached the Toronto Star with allegations against Ghomeshi as early as last May.
    All three women say that Ghomeshi contacted them on Facebook for dates after meeting them at public CBC events.
    Reports the Star:
    Each woman said she remembers Ghomeshi being initially sweet and flattering, then later suggesting or hinting at violent sex acts. When they failed to respond or expressed displeasure, they recalled Ghomeshi dismissing his remarks as "just fantasies," reassuring them he wouldn't ask them to do anything they weren't comfortable with. The women deny that "safe words" were employed in the relationship.
    In one woman's case, she visited Ghomeshi at his Toronto home and alleges as soon as she walked into his house he suddenly struck her hard with his open hand, then continued to hit her and choked her. The woman alleges Ghomeshi repeatedly beat her about the head and choked her.
    The Star's interviews of the women were lengthy. The women, all educated and employed, said Ghomeshi's actions shocked them.
    Another woman, who described a similar alleged attack, said that in the lead-up to their date Ghomeshi "warned me he would be aggressive."
    "I thought this meant he would want to pull my hair and have rough sex. He reassured me that I wouldn't be forced. (Later) he attacked me. Choked me. Hit me like I didn't know men hit women. I submitted."
    A fourth woman—also a CBC employee—told the paper Ghomeshi once approached her at the studio, grabbing her ass and later telling her, "I want to hate fuck you."
    Ghomeshi posted a lengthy Facebook post Sunday night in an apparent effort to get out ahead of the story, claiming the allegations were manufactured by a jealous ex-girlfriend.
    "In the coming days you will prospectively hear about how I engage in all kinds of unsavoury aggressive acts in the bedroom. And the implication may be made that this happens non-consensually. And that will be a lie," Ghomeshi wrote, adding that CBC executives reportedly concluded that, "There is no question in their minds that there has always been consent."
    The women reportedly told the Star that they didn't want to lodge formal complaints against the popular host because they were afraid of reprisals. All three reportedly said they feared being treated like Carla Ciccone, a woman who was harassed and ridiculed by Ghomeshi fans after she published a thinly disguised account of a sexual encounter with the host on XO Jane last summer.
    A follow-up piece from the Star indicates the story might have been shelved had Ghomeshi not published his lengthy Facebook post Sunday night claiming an unnamed newspaper rejected the women's claims as fabrications.
    The reason The Star did not publish a story at that time was because there was no proof the women's allegations of non-consensual abusive sex were true or false. They were so explosive that to print them would have been irresponsible, and would have fallen far short of the Star's standards of accuracy and fairness.
    In view of Mr. Ghomeshi's extraordinary statement on Facebook on Sunday evening, and his high public profile in Canada, we now believe it is in the public interest to detail those allegations, which appear to have led directly to his sudden firing from the CBC.
    Ghomeshi reportedly rejected an offer from the radio station to pretend his dismissal was voluntary. Instead, he's announced plans to sue the company for $50 million.
    [h/t the Toronto Star, image via AP]

EXPAND
    Three women have come forward alleging that they were attacked by CBC radio host Jian Ghomeshi, detailing physically and verbally abusive encounters with the popular radio personality to a Toronto Star reporter

Ghomeshi—who claims he was fired because radio execs felt his sexual proclivities were "unbecoming of a prominent host on the CBC"—said Sunday that all of his admittedly rough sexual encounters have been consensual.

Not so, say at least three women who approached the Toronto Star with allegations against Ghomeshi as early as last May.

All three women say that Ghomeshi contacted them on Facebook for dates after meeting them at public CBC events.

Reports the Star:

Each woman said she remembers Ghomeshi being initially sweet and flattering, then later suggesting or hinting at violent sex acts. When they failed to respond or expressed displeasure, they recalled Ghomeshi dismissing his remarks as "just fantasies," reassuring them he wouldn't ask them to do anything they weren't comfortable with. The women deny that "safe words" were employed in the relationship.

In one woman's case, she visited Ghomeshi at his Toronto home and alleges as soon as she walked into his house he suddenly struck her hard with his open hand, then continued to hit her and choked her. The woman alleges Ghomeshi repeatedly beat her about the head and choked her.

The Star's interviews of the women were lengthy. The women, all educated and employed, said Ghomeshi's actions shocked them.

Another woman, who described a similar alleged attack, said that in the lead-up to their date Ghomeshi "warned me he would be aggressive."

"I thought this meant he would want to pull my hair and have rough sex. He reassured me that I wouldn't be forced. (Later) he attacked me. Choked me. Hit me like I didn't know men hit women. I submitted."

The women reportedly told the Star that they didn't want to lodge formal complaints against the popular host because they were afraid of reprisals. All three reportedly said they feared being treated like Carla Ciccone, a woman who was harassed and ridiculed by Ghomeshi fans after she published a thinly disguised account of a sexual encounter with the host on XO Jane last summer.

A fourth woman—also a CBC employee—told the paper Ghomeshi once approached her at the studio, grabbing her ass and later telling her, "I want to hate fuck you."

Ghomeshi posted a lengthy Facebook post Sunday night in an apparent effort to get out ahead of the story, claiming the allegations were manufactured by a jealous ex-girlfriend.

"In the coming days you will prospectively hear about how I engage in all kinds of unsavoury aggressive acts in the bedroom. And the implication may be made that this happens non-consensually. And that will be a lie," Ghomeshi wrote, adding that CBC executives reportedly concluded that, "There is no question in their minds that there has always been consent."

A follow-up piece from the Star indicates the story might have been shelved had Ghomeshi not published his lengthy Facebook post Sunday night claiming an unnamed newspaper rejected the women's claims as fabrications.

The reason The Star did not publish a story at that time was because there was no proof the women's allegations of non-consensual abusive sex were true or false. They were so explosive that to print them would have been irresponsible, and would have fallen far short of the Star's standards of accuracy and fairness.

In view of Mr. Ghomeshi's extraordinary statement on Facebook on Sunday evening, and his high public profile in Canada, we now believe it is in the public interest to detail those allegations, which appear to have led directly to his sudden firing from the CBC.

Ghomeshi reportedly rejected an offer from the radio station to pretend his dismissal was voluntary. Instead, he's announced plans to sue the company for $50 million.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Jian's a lot more interesting than I had him pegged as! Or as one of his ex's might put it "Mmmmph, mmmph".

Besides they only canned him because the CBC is full of sex freaks and they don't want that kind of attention on them

it's not looking like that's the case here. More like he's an alleged predator. Of course it could be some vast conspiracy, I'm sure you have a theory.
    faithanne likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    it's not looking like that's the case here. More like he's an alleged predator. Of course it could be some vast conspiracy, I'm sure you have a theory.
    The more times I read the articles, and the more I think about it, I'm starting to agree with the alleged predator thing. To me, it sounds like he caught them unawares, and essentially forced them to submit. The scary thing to me however, is that he was either way too into things to notice their distress, or just simply didn't care, especially in regards to the choking.

Already his story is falling apart, it's grown from his account of "one crazy ex and a freelance writer" to "three ex's and a coworker". From both his own and The Star's account it's clear that he knew there was more than one woman, yet he decided not to mention that? It's because the "one crazy ex" narrative is unfortunately so easily bought and makes him look like a victim, it works for him.
    Kittylady likes this.

They all be crazzyyy bitchezz..

I don't understand these women who complain. Why can't they understand how lucky they are that a successful man wants them and that him hitting them and choking them is just to heighten their sexual pleasure. He is only thinking about their needs and then they go and get all accusatory.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    They all be crazzyyy bitchezz..

I don't understand these women who complain. Why can't they understand how lucky they are that a successful man wants them and that him hitting them and choking them is just to heighten their sexual pleasure. He is only thinking about their needs and then they go and get all accusatory.
    This guy is in his own territory with these moves. It's not BDSM -- it is a MUGGING.

Dude just wanted a little hate fuck. Why are women so uptight? I mean, what's a little punch in the face? It's not like when they come forward other women will rush to defend the guy and call the women crazy or anything. Sisterhood!
    sluce, politesse, Sunrider and 4 others like this.

IKR! We bitch that men don't take the time to make sure we "get ours" too. Then when a nice guy like this is willing to go out of his way to make sure we really get it, we bitch and complain. Men just cannot win.
    Kittylady and Callalily like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

They're the real victims here.
    Kittylady and Callalily like this.

Sluce I love you.
    sluce and Stereo Inferno like this.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    It's not like when they come forward other women will rush to defend the guy and call the women crazy or anything. Sisterhood!
    I'm biting my tongue really hard on Facebook right now. A good friend of mine has had a crush on the guy forever and is expressing outrage that he is being treated like this. Must. Not. Comment.
    witchcurlgirl and PecanPie like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I stand corrected...he sounds like a jerk who likes to abuse women.

Some of his fans are really amusing. "That woman who pissed you off is one with the real enemies of the people who should have been sent to Syria to be fed to the ISIS - the feminist groups. And the CBC, too cowardly to admit it, feared feminist backlash, and thus fired you." - Facebook poster
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Those damn feminists and their ridiculous opposition to abuse. Bitches be cray.
    sluce, politesse, Sunrider and 3 others like this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information