Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree723Likes

Thread: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child

Greer's statements actually seem kind of complimentary of Kate and more critical of the royal family itself. Either that or I'm skimming too fast.

That was not an attack.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

A*O

Oh dear, Germs has been Katematised too.
    BITTER and witchcurlgirl like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Soon Gloria Steinem will be speaking up for her too.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge 'struggling terribly' with antenatal sickness | Daily Mail Online

Sick Kate goes home to mum and dad: Pregnant Duchess 'struggling terribly' with debilitating antenatal sickness

• Duchess of Cambridge is around ten weeks pregnant with her second child
    • She has retreated to her family home in Berkshire with Prince George
    • Kate suffers from hyperemesis gravidarum, which causes severe vomiting
    • Aides have been forced to cancel all engagements for around two weeks

By Rebecca English for the Daily Mail
    Published: 18:17 EST, 10 October 2014 | Updated: 04:24 EST, 11 October 2014

214 shares
    View comments

The Duchess of Cambridge has taken refuge with her parents while she is 'struggling terribly' with her debilitating antenatal sickness.
    Kate, 32, who is around ten weeks pregnant with her second child, retreated to her family home in Bucklebury, Berkshire, this week with her son, Prince George.
    Sources said the Duchess 'hasn't been at all well' as she battles hyperemesis gravidarum, which causes severe vomiting in expectant mothers.
    Scroll down for video

Duchess of Cambridge, who is around ten weeks pregnant with her second child, retreated to her family home in Bucklebury, Berkshire, this week with her son, Prince George

Kate was hospitalised with hyperemesis gravidarum and dehydration during her first pregnancy with George

Indeed, Kate has been so sick that aides have been forced to cancel all her forthcoming engagements until at least the week after next.
    Her mother Carole Middleton has apparently helped to take charge of her recovery and has been researching alternative sickness cures, such as herbal tea, on the internet.

And despite the presence of Spanish nanny Maria Borallo, Mrs Middleton has also been taking George off her daughter's hands. She has been seen in local shops with her 15-month-old grandson, prompting one startled assistant to write on Twitter: 'Served Kate Middleton's mum and Prince George today at work. He is gorgeous!'
    The Duchess says she feels far more relaxed at the Middleton family's £5million Georgian mansion, Bucklebury Manor, than at Kensington Palace.

The Duchess, who is around 10 weeks pregnant, has returned to her parents' Michael and Carole's house

She has retreated to Bucklebury in Berkshire - pictured is St Mary The Virgin Church in the village

One source told the Mail: 'Kate is feeling so lousy that she just wanted to be with her family and out of public view.
    'She is extremely close to Carole, who is very much a hands-on grandmother. Between her and their nanny, Maria, Kate has all the help she needs with George while she is feeling so sick.
    'And Bucklebury is somewhere she can just relax and be herself.'
    The Duchess – who has now returned to London – has not been seen in public since palace officials were forced to announce her pregnancy last month, several weeks earlier than intended due to her sickness.
    Kate was hospitalised with hyperemesis gravidarum and severe dehydration during her first pregnancy with George. But doctors have been better prepared this time and may, some medical experts have suggested, even have treated her with a drip at home.

The Duchess says she feels far more relaxed at the Middleton family's £5million Georgian mansion, Bucklebury Manor, than at Kensington Palace

Despite the presence of Spanish nanny Maria Borallo, Kate's mother Carole Middleton has also been taking George off her daughter's hands

A source added: 'Don't be fooled by the fact that she hasn't been admitted to hospital this time. She is just as poorly. The difference is that her doctors have been able to diagnose and treat her quicker. She really hasn't been at all well, though.'
    The Duchess was forced to cancel her first solo overseas visit – a trip to Malta – last month because of the severity of her condition. Last week she also reluctantly cancelled a visit to a project by The Art Room in London and several other forthcoming engagements have now been scratched out of her diary.
    Buckingham Palace announced yesterday that she is expected to take part in the state visit of the president of the Republic of Singapore on October 21. However, a source warned: 'Her attendance will be reviewed closer to the time, depending on her health.'
    Caitlin Dean, of the charity Pregnancy Sickness Support, said: 'Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness. It is a chronic and debilitating condition that can cause sufferers to vomit up to 30 times a day.'

Pregnant Duchess of Cambridge 'struggling terribly' with antenatal sickness | Daily Mail Online

Endless vomiting is horrible so good luck to her.
    snoopqueen likes this.

It's very helpful of the Fail to give us a pic of the signpost to Bucklebury. In case we're ever lost in the area.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Isn't there a link between hyperemesis gravidarum and anorexia? Just asking.
    Wilson and snoopqueen like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

^^^ I have read that a lot online. I did some research and I cannot find any link to the two conditions, at least not on any credible medical website.

edit: I found one source on the National Guideline Clearinghouse that makes recommendations for treating patients with both conditions but it says itself that there is no evidence to back up the recommendations.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Isn't there a link between hyperemesis gravidarum and anorexia? Just asking.
    No.
    I know one woman who has it. Not anorexic or eating disordered in any way. She had to have an abortion the second time she got pregnant. She thought she might be able to go through it a second time but there was no way, her symptoms were even worse the second time round.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    No.
    I know one woman who has it. Not anorexic or eating disordered in any way. She had to have an abortion the second time she got pregnant. She thought she might be able to go through it a second time but there was no way, her symptoms were even worse the second time round.
    How tragic. That poor woman.

What a completely wretched illness. I hate nausea so much, I can't even imagine feeling constantly pukey for days on end and barfing pretty much hourly. No thanks. I'm honestly sorry for Kate on this one. I imagine she got pregnant again ASAP to get "the spare" the fuck over with. Are there even decent meds that help at all? It doesn't sound like it. My Mum had horrible morning sickness; her doctor tried to prescribe Thalidomide but luckily for me, she thought it sounded too good to be true and stuck to upchucking. I'm eternally grateful...it's cool having, you know, arms.
    Froogy, Belt Up, tulip and 4 others like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

^ lucky, you dodged a bullet. (but you're older than I thought.) thank god it was never available for sale in the US, we all owe Frances Kelsey our gratitude.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

From one of the patients who has got the same condition as Kate at the surgery I work at, it doesn't seem like there is much to do. Whilst it has settled down now, she was constantly going to A&E who just treated her with IV fluids and something else I cannot remember and was told to eat little bits of whatever she could stomach.
    snoopqueen likes this.

This post has not been proofread

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    ^ lucky, you dodged a bullet. (but you're older than I thought.) thank god it was never available for sale in the US, we all owe Frances Kelsey our gratitude.
    We certainly do! And yes, my parents were not in the US when she got pregnant--they were living in Panama because my Dad was teaching high school there. I'm still surprised it was offered since the info about birth defects should've been well known by the time she was pregnant with me (and she had probably read or heard something since she'd worked in hospitals for years in the states), but what little information I can find about thalidomide usage in Central and South America seems to indicate that some areas never stopped using it. They just gradually shifted it to the treatment of leprosy. All it takes is one idiot, anyway...

I've been told I don't act my age.

ETA: I recently read firsthand testimonials from many mothers claiming that marijuana helped considerably with hyperemesis gravidarum. I've personally seen it quell nausea even in chemo patients and the father of a friend who had terminal cancer, but I can't imagine Kate's Royal physicians giving her any. Harry, on the other hand.....c'mon dude, sneak the poor girl a joint.
    witchcurlgirl and Cartermrc like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

I think I read that they used to give pregnant women cannabis oil for morning sickness back in the day.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information