Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree723Likes

Thread: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I know most royal families play down their positions of huge wealth, privilege and pampered luxury with armies of staff granting their every need, wish and command but that's the truth of it and unless you are born to that life it can go to your head. Kate, Mary, Merit, Letitzia were all commoners who just don't understand how this "noblesse oblige" stuff works and appear to be more interested in their status than their obligations or what their position requires. Kate is a spoilt, lazy mare and she gets away with it because she's manoeuvred herself (via her ruthless social mountaineer mother) into a position where she's got her pussywhipped husband, the whole royal family, the media, the world by the balls. She's basking in it.

Contrast this with CP Victoria or even the late lamented and demented Diana who were both born with an inherent understanding of what's required of them and do/did a pretty good job.

My theory anyway.
    Wow. No idea that she has me by the balls and is basking in it. I just kind of like her. She and William seem sweet together.
    rollo likes this.

Well of course here Down Under "our" Mary is treated like a goddess by a fawning press. There's a new pregnancy scoop in the goss mags every week and she is just about perfect. Very few, if any, negative coverage or opinions.
    Mary should read Royal Gossip or Royal Dish - she'd get humbled quickly.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Say what you will but I like Kate and believe she and Will truly are in love. I don't care that she doesn't do anything. Many women stay at home and allow their husbands to be the bread winners. She's like every stay at home Mom I know. She's doing her role as a wife and mother.
    msdeb, brindle, rollo and 17 others like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Not one of them is wearing underwear? For real?

Likely not a scrap between them. It's traditional to forgo underwear when wearing a kilt.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

A*O

I thought it was common knowledge that kilt wearers always go commando?
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

A*O

Default Duchess of Cambridge Pregnancy/Baby #2

Shall we have a separate thread for this epic?

The baby is due in April and Kate is suffering from severe morning sickness again although this time she's being treated at home rather than in hospital. Wise decision.

Now for the snark, the excellent Royal Foibles blog has all kinds of things to say about the pregnancy and the Cambridges generally but one suggestion is that Kate gets this morning sickness because of her eating disorder(s) and being underweight. I wouldn't be surprised. She did snap back to being a skinny minny after having baby George and carefully hiding from public view at her enabling parents home while she starved back into shape.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I'm just waiting for somebody to produce QE III. That's all I want. (and I'm American)

Another royal with the dignity and values and consciousness and integrity and work ethic of Queen Elizabeth II. So far out of the lot of kids and grandkids, there are no such replacements. Maybe Kate can squeeze one out sooner or later. My fingers are crossed.

Any country with any kind of government would be proud to call Queen Elizabeth their own. She has been a leader, a mother, a dignified politician, and a dedicated representative of her people to be proud of. If only there were more like her in this world we might not all be in the mess we're in.

Her 'ceremonial' position has more weight and responsibility than many people think. She is more than just a figurehead and she has fulfilled her duties with intelligence and dedication.

But it may be that the people must wait another 400 years to get another like Queen Elizabeth I or Queen Elizabeth II. Four hundred years is a very long time.
    Sarzy and Yoko Ono like this.

Down Under - Where women blow and men chunder

I reckon it'll be a girl this time and they'll stop at a pigeon pair.

"random snapshots used as connective tissue to create a relationship"

If it's a boy, they might go for a third.

Keep this shit contained, good idea AO
    BoogsBun likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

There's already a pregnancy thread but I think it's fallen down the page because we've got about 7.5 months to go and there's not that much to say yet. She's laying low so no pics either.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Shall we have a separate thread for this epic?

The baby is due in April and Kate is suffering from severe morning sickness again although this time she's being treated at home rather than in hospital. Wise decision.

Now for the snark, the excellent Royal Foibles blog has all kinds of things to say about the pregnancy and the Cambridges generally but one suggestion is that Kate gets this morning sickness because of her eating disorder(s) and being underweight. I wouldn't be surprised. She did snap back to being a skinny minny after having baby George and carefully hiding from public view at her enabling parents home while she starved back into shape.
    or she's just one of those women who gets awful morning sickness. why would it have anything to do with being underweight or allegedly having an ED? i've known a bunch of anorexics who had babies and never had this but i know a few women who had this horrible type of morning sickness (which is actually a sort of allergy - the body is literally allergic to pregnancy hormones) and had to be hospitalised. one even had an abortion the second time she got pregnant because she thought she could go through a second pregnancy despite the nightmare of the first, but the second time round it was even worse, or maybe she just had the knowledge that it was going to last up until the end of the pregnancy whereas the first time round i guess she would hope it would go away and had some hope of that. and the first time she only made it to 36 weeks before they did a c-section and she was undernourished and sick by that point.

anyhoo, i don't doubt she starves herself or just works out way too much but i don't think that has anything to do with her morning sickness.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^^I've read that HG does get worse with each subsequent pregnancy. Its also theorized to have caused the death of Charlotte Bronte. Shudders.
    sluce, sputnik and Kittylady like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

czb

yeah, some ladies just get sick during pregnancy. anecdotal tidbits aside, it is a valid medical condition and typically treated with zofran.

not *everything* is the mother's fault!
    sputnik, tulip, sluce and 1 others like this.

My mom and granny often told the story of my maternal great aunt that married a rich landowner and went to live in his village at the family,s large farmhouse.She became pregnant and was throwing up non stop.They brought her to town to be treated..nothing.All village ladies tried remedies..nothing.Finally her mother in law visited the auntie,s mother to ask permission to act fast..the pregnant was fading away.She got it and went back to the village,grabbed a thick thread and a giant needle and went up to the pregnant.Shoved a loaded plate of food in front of her and said.There,you stuff yourself and then i ll do what the doctor and your Ma want me to,I ll sew up your mouth.!Pregnant never threw up again..I dont know if i believe that story..they both did though..

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information