Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 451
Like Tree723Likes

Thread: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child

  1. #61
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Apocalyptic
    Posts
    26,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopqueen View Post
    Well, based on extensive research I have done (reading RD), I'd agree with you!
    Honestly, ever since you told me it was sarted by a few GR alum, I read it more often.
    Lolz, I too am now convinced she's a money hungry, Prada grasping, Jimmy Choo grasping
    climber. Ooooh and that she was after Felipe of spain that infamous night at the bar but he turned her down.
    you read things a jillion times and you start to believe them, it's like being at a nuremberg rally.
    Hard to know the truth though. IMO she has her PR people paying the DM for puff pieces though,
    nary a negative word from them.

    As for Starmakers... where can I sign up.
    Juan Carlos and Sofia would never have accepted Mary. Never. They would have shipped her back to Tasmania in a body bag. Felipe is better off with Letizia - she has a brain. Mary is too into the high life and looking good. Plus she'd have made a play for Juan Carlos, just to cement her place in the family.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

  2. #62
    Elite Member gas_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    43,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I thought that about Irish Twins too. I was born 9 days before my sister's 1st bday. In all my Mom had 4 kids in 4 years and 4 months.
    Bless her heart.
    ZabriskiePoint likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

  3. #63
    Elite Member dougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top
    Posts
    5,595

    Default

    Prince Charles and Camilla 'delighted' at second royal baby news | Mail Online

    'It's wonderful to be a grandfather again!' A beaming Prince Charles reveals he and Camilla are 'thrilled' and 'delighted' at news of a second royal baby

    • Prince Charles told well-wishers he was 'thrilled' by baby news
    • Said it was 'wonderful' to be a grandfather for the second time
    • Charles and Camilla are already grandparents to Prince George
    • They also have another six courtesy of Camilla's two children
    • Friends of Kate have claimed she wants three babies by 35
    • The Duchess will be 33 when baby number two is born in April

    Published: 11:14 EST, 9 September 2014 | Updated: 11:30 EST, 9 September 2014

    Prince Charles spoke for the first time today of how 'wonderful' it was to be a grandfather again.

    The heir to the throne said he was 'happy' and 'thrilled' at the news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were expecting their second child.

    The couple were forced to announce the news several weeks early, after Kate began suffering from the same severe morning sickness that blighted her first pregnancy.


    All smiles: A delighted Prince Charles said he and Camilla were 'thrilled' at news of a second royal baby

    Aides had indictated that Charles, who was this afternoon on a visit to a Prince's Trust Project in south London, would be unlikely to talk about the impending arrival as his daughter-in-law was at such an early stage of her pregnancy.

    But when asked about the baby news by well-wishers, he looked pleased as punch and couldn't resist saying a few words.

    When Toying Owoseje, 26, shook the prince's hand and offered her congratulations the prince said skittishly: 'What did I do?'


    Excited: The prince told of his joy during a meeting with young entrepreneurs in south-east London


    Enjoying the day: Charles couldn't resist talking about his new grandchild despite warnings from the Palace

    He added: 'It's not here yet!' before continuing: 'No, it's wonderful. We are very happy. It's splendid, very exciting.'

    Charles was meeting young entrepreneurs helped by The Prince's Trust charity, of which he is founder and president, on an industrial estate in Bermondsey, south London.

    Toying was introduced to the prince by her sister, Damilola Owoseje, who has set up an inspirational furniture design business with the help of the Trust.


    Good stuff: The prince was meeting young entrepreneurs supported by The Prince's Trust today


    Pro: Prince Charles has plenty of experience and spent time with Camilla's grandchildren over the summer

    'I WANT THREE CHILDREN BY 35!' SAYS THE DUCHESS OF CAMBRIDGE
    She might be in the early stages of her second pregnancy but it seems the Duchess of Cambridge has no intention of stopping there.

    According to friends, she wants three children by the age of 35, which is why this second baby comes so soon after the birth of 13-month-old Prince George.

    Although the Duke of Cambridge has often said he would be happy with a family of two, the Duchess is one of a trio of children and, aged 33 when baby number two arrives, will have plenty of time to complete her family on schedule.

    The claims, which were made in the Telegraph newspaper, come just a day after the second royal pregnancy was announced by Kensington Palace.

    Once again suffering from debilitating morning sickness, the pregnancy news has thrown her attendance at this week's Invictus Games and next week's visit to Malta into doubt.

    Kensington Palace say a decision is yet to be taken.

    Ruth Styles

    Prince Charles and Camilla 'delighted' at second royal baby news | Mail Online

  4. #64
    Elite Member Bluebonnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    11,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post


    I think of her as Kate Middleton. It was her name when I first started hearing about her dating William, and that is how I think of her still.
    Me too. My sister told me the other day: "The Duchess is pregnant again." and I was like "Who?!"
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

  5. #65
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Juan Carlos and Sofia would never have accepted Mary. Never. They would have shipped her back to Tasmania in a body bag. Felipe is better off with Letizia - she has a brain. Mary is too into the high life and looking good. Plus she'd have made a play for Juan Carlos, just to cement her place in the family.

    You're too funny, I almost choked on the coffee at body bag.
    I like Letizia, too, especially because she's intelligent. Love her style too, but the pant suits are starting to bore me.
    Come to think of it she was my favorite CP (now queen).

    Have you heard Mette Marit is not well liked and possibly cheating? She may have Mary's penchant for designer freebies
    Last edited by snoopqueen; September 9th, 2014 at 05:07 PM.
    BITTER likes this.

  6. #66
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    I know most royal families play down their positions of huge wealth, privilege and pampered luxury with armies of staff granting their every need, wish and command but that's the truth of it and unless you are born to that life it can go to your head. Kate, Mary, Merit, Letitzia were all commoners who just don't understand how this "noblesse oblige" stuff works and appear to be more interested in their status than their obligations or what their position requires. Kate is a spoilt, lazy mare and she gets away with it because she's manoeuvred herself (via her ruthless social mountaineer mother) into a position where she's got her pussywhipped husband, the whole royal family, the media, the world by the balls. She's basking in it.

    Contrast this with CP Victoria or even the late lamented and demented Diana who were both born with an inherent understanding of what's required of them and do/did a pretty good job.

    My theory anyway.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  7. #67
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I know most royal families play down their positions of huge wealth, privilege and pampered luxury with armies of staff granting their every need, wish and command but that's the truth of it and unless you are born to that life it can go to your head. Kate, Mary, Merit, Letitzia were all commoners who just don't understand how this "noblesse oblige" stuff works and appear to be more interested in their status than their obligations or what their position requires. Kate is a spoilt, lazy mare and she gets away with it because she's manoeuvred herself (via her ruthless social mountaineer mother) into a position where she's got her pussywhipped husband, the whole royal family, the media, the world by the balls. She's basking in it.

    Contrast this with CP Victoria or even the late lamented and demented Diana who were both born with an inherent understanding of what's required of them and do/did a pretty good job.

    My theory anyway.

    I would give this 100 likes if I could. You nailed it, they lack that innate sense of noblesse oblige.

    I forgot CP Victoria, totally agree, she's fabulous.

  8. #68
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Apocalyptic
    Posts
    26,684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopqueen View Post
    You're too funny, I almost choked on the coffee at body bag.
    I like Letizia, too, especially because she's intelligent. Love her style too, but the pant suits are starting to bore me.
    Come to think of it she was my favorite CP (now queen).
    She's keeping things conservative, given the slump in Spain's economy. You don't see Felipe or Letizia getting too glammed up these days. Hopefully that will change, 'cause she really does know how to dress.

    Have you heard Mette Marit is not well liked and possibly cheating? She may have Mary's penchant for designer freebies
    Mette-Marit, or MM as they call her, has been accused of cheating on Prince Haakon and being lazy when it comes to her royal duties. Some of the other royal threads have accused her of slagging off her duties; once she begged off a couple of events, claiming illness, but was caught frolicking on the beach in the south of France. Poor Haakon. He's so cute, but I think he's a bit whipped. He should have kicked her to the curb a while ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    I know most royal families play down their positions of huge wealth, privilege and pampered luxury with armies of staff granting their every need, wish and command but that's the truth of it and unless you are born to that life it can go to your head. Kate, Mary, Merit, Letitzia were all commoners who just don't understand how this "noblesse oblige" stuff works and appear to be more interested in their status than their obligations or what their position requires. Kate is a spoilt, lazy mare and she gets away with it because she's manoeuvred herself (via her ruthless social mountaineer mother) into a position where she's got her pussywhipped husband, the whole royal family, the media, the world by the balls. She's basking in it.

    Contrast this with CP Victoria or even the late lamented and demented Diana who were both born with an inherent understanding of what's required of them and do/did a pretty good job.

    My theory anyway.
    I like your theory.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

  9. #69
    czb
    czb is offline
    Elite Member czb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    left coast
    Posts
    18,215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    ... late lamented and demented Diana ... .
    sputnik likes this.

  10. #70
    Silver Member ZabriskiePoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    418

    Default

    ^Our A*O has quite a way with words :p
    ex-LaFolie
    "I hear Chris Hemsworth's Oscar nominee announcements were dubbed by Marni Nixon" - Witchcurlgirl

  11. #71
    Elite Member dougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top
    Posts
    5,595

    Default

    I like Mary and Maxima, I'm on the fence about Letizia, she seems brittle or like she's seething or simmering. To me the job of the modern princess / queen is to produce heirs and be the face / PR arm of the country, and that is carried out mainly by showing up to events in a pretty frock and collecting a bouquet from the designated moppet.

    If Mary is paying off DM, then Letizia is paying them off and then some because she gets the most coverage of a non-British royal. IMO if these royals are trying to bring world-wide attention to their countries, then currying favor / flashing their pins toward the Daily Mail and any other media with a vast readership is a smart move.

  12. #72
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    She's keeping things conservative, given the slump in Spain's economy. You don't see Felipe or Letizia getting too glammed up these days. Hopefully that will change, 'cause she really does know how to dress.

    Mette-Marit, or MM as they call her, has been accused of cheating on Prince Haakon and being lazy when it comes to her royal duties. Some of the other royal threads have accused her of slagging off her duties; once she begged off a couple of events, claiming illness, but was caught frolicking on the beach in the south of France. Poor Haakon. He's so cute, but I think he's a bit whipped. He should have kicked her to the curb a while ago.

    I like your theory.

    Haakon is handsome, from all the accounts I've read he's a decent guy. Hoping for the best...


    Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    I like Mary and Maxima, I'm on the fence about Letizia, she seems brittle or like she's seething or simmering. To me the job of the modern princess / queen is to produce heirs and be the face / PR arm of the country, and that is carried out mainly by showing up to events in a pretty frock and collecting a bouquet from the designated moppet.


    If Mary is paying off DM, then Letizia is paying them off and then some because she gets the most coverage of a non-British royal. IMO if these royals are trying to bring world-wide attention to their countries, then currying favor / flashing their pins toward the Daily Mail and any other media with a vast readership is a smart move.



    Forgot Queen Maxima, two thumbs up so far.

  13. #73
    Elite Member BITTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Apocalyptic
    Posts
    26,684

    Default

    Mary doesn't bug me so much; I do love reading the snark about her though - some of it is brilliant.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

  14. #74
    A*O
    A*O is offline
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! A*O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Being Paula
    Posts
    31,675

    Default

    Well of course here Down Under "our" Mary is treated like a goddess by a fawning press. There's a new pregnancy scoop in the goss mags every week and she is just about perfect. Very few, if any, negative coverage or opinions.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

  15. #75
    Elite Member Chalet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,454

    Default

    Not one of them is wearing underwear? For real?


Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Catherine Walker
    By dowcat in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 24th, 2014, 05:35 PM
  2. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
    By *Kat* in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM
  3. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge in LK Bennett
    By Honey in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: March 9th, 2012, 07:00 PM
  4. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge in Mulberry
    By Honey in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: December 1st, 2011, 03:56 AM
  5. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In LK Bennett
    By Honey in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: November 5th, 2011, 10:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •