Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
Like Tree723Likes

Thread: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    Just saw that Canada welcomed the new Princess by turning Niagara Falls pink.

Beautiful.
    nana51 likes this.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

It's so odd to see "Occupation: Prince of the United Kingdom"
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

A*O

Yeah, well given this couple's apparent complete lack of any kind of "occupation" it is quite amusing.
    kasippu likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

'Standing around in funny hats, smiling and waving' wouldn't fit into the box?
    Brookie, lindsaywhit and Bombshell like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I think there's a difference between "occupation" and "job title".
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

A*O

Even as royals they do sweet FA to "Earn" their keep. Duchess Dolittle used both pregnancies to hide at home with her ghastly mother and will now use the "new baby" excuse despite the tribe of nannies and staff she has at her beck and call 24/7. Meanwhile William is playing helicopters which he will use as an excuse not to perform his royal duties. I had great hopes but I'm very disappointed in these two.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Elite Member

Really? Why so? I like them, though admittedly I don't know much about them.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

A*O

Because they are the future of the British monarchy and need to be seen to be going above and beyond in terms of official and public duties because King Charles isn't going to be popular. Look what he did to poor Diana!! And then he married that home wrecking WHORE!!!!

There's going to be a seismic shift in the whole stable, predictable, safe institution when HMQ dies anyway. Things will never be the same again no matter who's on the throne but the public scrutiny is going to be unforgiving if either Charles III or William V don't do what's required to provide value for taxpayers' money. It's too late for Charles, haters gonna hate, but if William is smart and actually listens to his advice he will start storing up his goodwill points now and his lazy wife has to support him in that effort. Marrying a future king may seem like a dream gig and in many ways it is, but there are also responsibilities and duties which are non-negotiable, a reality that the Dolittles seem to be carefully avoiding.

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Look what he did to poor Diana!!
    She's dead! Get over it!

Seriously, though, I hope having that as one of her middle names won't be too big an albatross for the little princess.
    Kittylady likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

A*O

She'll be OK if she insists on Charlotte. If she starts using Diana then obviously she has Kardashian DNA.

Silver Member

Is it possible that Will and Kate are keeping a lower profile than expected as not to upstage Charles? Remember how jealous and bitter he got over Diana's huge popularity.
    I do agree about Kate and her mother though. Carole seemingly has manipulated Kate for so long that Kate is still drifting and not the secure grown woman she should be. I think that Will and Kate will eventually step up and act accordingly, but it will be years from now.
    Last edited by Cartermrc; May 6th, 2015 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cartermrc View Post
    Remember how jealous and bitter he got over Diana's huge popularity..
    No, but then we didn't hang out that much back then. I was busy with school and he was doing....something. Sometimes people just drift apart.
    sputnik, Cartermrc, *DIVA! and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    and he was doing....something.
    twitchy2.0 and sluce like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Am I the only one who thinks Carole M has been a life line to both Kate & William? Kate's been married for four years, produced heir & spare and managed not to throw herself down a staircase - all while living in a fishbowl she was not raised in. She hasn't screwed up much that I can see, and I'd rather have her hide away with Mum than have a breakdown. I think she's probably brought in enough tourism $$$ to more than pay her way, all while negotiating her way through the emotional shoals of her sensitive father-in-laws feelings of inadequacy.
    sluce, spinmonkey, Linne and 5 others like this.

A*O

Carole and Kate have a very unhealthy co-dependent relationship where Carole still controls every aspect of her daughter's life up to and including making sure she married spectacularly well. Kate gives her ruthless social climbing mother the kudos and status of being a future king's MIL and grandmother. The plan didn't go quite so well for Pippa whose current wealthy banker boyfriend (no title, pity about that) steadfastly refuses to put a ring on her finger after she failed to snag the future Duke of Northumberland and James who kinda "works" for the family party tat firm but mostly basks in the reflected glory of his sister's spectacular rise to the top of the social ladder.

Ma Middleton is the real power behind the throne (literally) and I've seen rumours that her very grand airs and graces are going to lead to a messy divorce from her pussywhipped husband Michael who's had enough.

Thread Information