Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Like Tree723Likes

Thread: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child

It's his mother, whom he lost at a young age, I don't think it was done for the "Di-Tards."

A*O

Yeah I know. Sigh. I'm just being kunty.
    twitchy2.0, sluce, sputnik and 4 others like this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I hope they call her Charlie, Princess Charlie, what a kick in the pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    And Diana's brother just named his new daughter Charlotte Diana. Uh huh.
    Actually I just read that the other Charlotte Diana is two years old! That makes it even more odd.

They must've been awfully fond of Charlotte, because Carole's supposedly a form of Charles as well, plus it's the kid's grandmother's name. Only then I suppose they would've had to put Elizabeth (zzz) or Diana (NO!) in the first spot since Carole, well.....

But imagine you and your first cousin having the same name! How ridiculous. It's not like they'll never meet, either, because she and her parents were at Will and Kate's wedding. Thus we know they're at least on some kind of speaking terms. It's all just weird, but that's the royals for ya.
    Clubber Lang and Brookie like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    Actually I just read that the other Charlotte Diana is two years old! That makes it even more odd.

They must've been awfully fond of Charlotte, because Carole's supposedly a form of Charles as well, plus it's the kid's grandmother's name. Only then I suppose they would've had to put Elizabeth (zzz) or Diana (NO!) in the first spot since Carole, well.....

But imagine you and your first cousin having the same name! How ridiculous. It's not like they'll never meet, either, because she and her parents were at Will and Kate's wedding. Thus we know they're at least on some kind of speaking terms. It's all just weird, but that's the royals for ya.
    I knew a few sets of first cousins with the same name...( italian family and I think an Irish family) never thought much of it as a kid, but as an adult I wonder what was going on. Rivalry, a family tradition, the love of a name? Maybe nothing at all. For the Royals...I dunno - interesting to think there may be something. I love the name Charlotte, but would have liked her as a Victoria too.

"Petunia" would have been AWESOME. Some above mentioned "tulip" LMAO - Princess Tulip Petunia Diana ~~ (cracking myself u after a glass of cold wine)

Just saw that Canada welcomed the new Princess by turning Niagara Falls pink.

Sarzy likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Well, here in British Columbia we have the city of Prince George and the Queen Charlotte Islands (since renamed to Haida Gwaii to more accurately reflect the native population, but the Charlottes they were in my childhood).

Kinda a funny coinkydink with the names!
    Brookie likes this.

Queen Charlotte is the one allegedly related to Ashley Greene .
    greysfang likes this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

They're not first cousins. William and Spencer's kid are first cousins, Princess Charlotte will be the Spencer's kid's first cousin once removed.

I doubt it will be a problem, those two will likely never socialize or even meet, except MAYBE at some family event down the line. Wills and Harry supposedly can't stand their uncle and the way he made a living out of pimping Diana's memory, and he was allegedly only invited to the wedding for appearance's sake.
    snoopqueen and rollo like this.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Silver Member

My grandniece is 12 and has the same first name as our younger 4 year old granddaughter. Our son simply had no idea! I mentioned it at the time but we all figured, so what? Everyone is fine with it. And the girls use the same nickname too.

My uncle and his wife were pregnant right around the same time I was, and I heard was bummed that I named my son Matthew, because that's the name they wanted. I gave my blessing to use the name as we both have different last names and hardly see each other.
    spinmonkey likes this.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Queen Charlotte is the one allegedly related to Ashley Greene .
    Do we know her ethnicity?
    Kittylady, BITTER and Fran like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I think she should be Princess Lottie.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Kate Middleton's royal baby Princess Charlotte visited by The Queen | Daily Mail Online

The Queen arrives at Kensington Palace to meet her newborn great-granddaughter Princess Charlotte

• It is the first time the Queen has met the newborn since she came into the world on Saturday weighing 8lbs 3oz
    • The little girl has been named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, the name Elizabeth believed to be in tribute to the Queen
    • William registered the birth this afternoon at Kensington Palace, describing Kate as Princess of the United Kingdom
    • Prince Philip was pictured in Sandringham, the Queen's estate in Norfolk where she has been over the weekend

By Steph Cockroft for MailOnline
    Published: 08:59 EST, 5 May 2015 | Updated: 10:23 EST, 5 May 2015

The Queen has been introduced to her great-granddaughter Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace.
    The 89-year-old monarch travelled from her private estate in Norfolk to meet with the Duke and Duchess's of Cambridge's baby daughter in London this afternoon. The princess, who was born three days ago, is the Queen's fifth great grandchild.
    Yesterday, the princess's name was finally revealed to the world as Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. The name Elizabeth is a touching nod to the Queen - whom Prince William deeply respects - while Diana has been used in tribute to honour the memory of William's late mother, the Princess of Wales.

The Queen was driven to Kensington Palace this afternoon where she was introduced to her great-grandaughter, Princess Charlotte

It came as Princess Charlotte's birth was officially registered this afternoon at Westminster Register Office. The certificate was only signed by the Duke of Cambridge

A*O

Bloody hell, HMQ looks EXACTLY like her mother in that pic. Spooky.
    sputnik likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Thread Information