Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Like Tree723Likes

Thread: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child

I meant to ask earlier...do the names have to come from royal line? Prior to the most recent Diana, was there a previous Diana? And Charlotte...I LOVE that name! Was there a royal named Charlotte as well? I've done a few searches, but there are so many news articles that I can't seem to find fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Britain's Royal Baby Named as Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana

LONDON The new royal baby now has a name Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
    Kensington Palace announced the girl's name Monday, two days after the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge displayed their new arrival to the world.
    The Duchess, Kate Middleton, gave birth to the 8 pounds 3 ounces girl at 8:34 a.m. local time (3:34 a.m. ET) Saturday. The baby is fourth in line to the British throne after her grandfather, Prince Charles; her father, Prince William; and her brother, Prince George, who was born in 2013.
    The newborn is great granddaughter to the U.K.'s Queen Elizabeth II, who is 89 years old.

Britain's Royal Baby Named as Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana. - NBC News
    I WIN with Charlotte!
    JazzyGirl, snoopqueen and Beeyotch like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyGirl View Post
    I meant to ask earlier...do the names have to come from royal line? Prior to the most recent Diana, was there a previous Diana? And Charlotte...I LOVE that name! Was there a royal named Charlotte as well? I've done a few searches, but there are so many news articles that I can't seem to find fact.
    Queen Charlotte was the wife of George 3rd or 4th. They had like 16 kids together. I'm sure AO will swoop in and set us straight on the details.

ETA: Sorry for the double post, the board is being wonky.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This is the exact name that I predicted on Facebook yesterday... I keep saying I should have bet on it!
    snoopqueen likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I'm happy they got Diana in there!
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Britain out ranks Monaco so they can do what they want!
    I doubt the new Charlotte will out rank Monaco,s in beauty,though

Luckily by the time Charlotte will be judged on that level I think Monaco Charlotte will have been ravished by years of alcohol abuse and what not.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Charlotte makes sense in that it is a derivative of her paternal grandfather and maternal grandmother's names.
    snoopqueen and JazzyGirl like this.

Great name. I love how it honors Diana.
    snoopqueen and JazzyGirl like this.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    I'm happy they got Diana in there!
    Me too!

I like the name, glad they made a nod to so many they care about. Wasn't Queen Charlotte rumored to have been of mixed race? I read that somewhere and I think Queen Elizabeth commented on it in recent years.

Charlotte was the wife of George III. Unlike most royal marriages, they were very faithfully and happily married. Until he became 'mad King George,' and his detested eldest son, George IV, was made regent in 1806. GIII finally died in 1820, leaving behind a slew of progeny, none of whom, (at least among the males), were noted for much of anything except obesity, bulging eyes, a lack of legitimate heirs, and an abundance of bastards, and the Prince Regent became George IV. He only lasted 10 years, and in 1830, his brother William became king. George IV had one child, also named Charlotte, who had died in childbirth in 1817. Suddenly, the race was on to birth the next monarch, and the winner was Victoria, who was the longest reigning British monarch, but is about to be wiped from the record books by Elizabeth II - in September, I think?

At any rate, the important thing is that both Charlottes were adored by, well, just about everybody. I think even some of Queen Charlotte's children liked her, which was fairly unusual at the time, although I'm pretty sure she thought the boys were idiots and wastrels. (Note for historical accuracy: they weren't all idiots. They were all wastrels, though William could be decent, at times. He might have been an idiot, though, I can't really remember.). The people loved both Queen & Princess, and were devastated by the Princess' death.

eta: Queen Charlotte probably did have some African ancestry.

File:Allan Ramsay - Queen Charlotte (Royal Collection).png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by lindsaywhit; May 4th, 2015 at 02:10 PM.

Queen Charlotte by Allan Ramsay circa 1762. This is a much prized exhibit in the local museum. Interesting to sit nearby it and eavesdrop on the speculation about Charlotte's lineage. Regardless it is a lovely piece.

Celebrating Queen Charlotte's Coronation - Mint Museum
    lindsaywhit likes this.

^^^ Thanks, needs. I can't get an image to post, lately.
    needmeds likes this.

One hell of a neck on that woman.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Weight lifter,s neck,not attractive..

Thread Information