Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Like Tree723Likes

Thread: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    I like it too but white is a bold choice to wear just hours after birth. I had my son 3 months ago, and I couldn't believe how much postpartum bleeding there was. I lived in dark clothing for a good 6 weeks.
    The first thing I thought when I saw the color of the dress.

Did she leave the hospital this fast with George?

I think many women find the second birth much easier. I was up and around and ready to go home an hour after giving birth to my daughter.
    twitchy2.0, A*O and lindsaywhit like this.

The color choice never crossed my mind because I didn't have much bleeding after giving birth and never had to think about that.

I used midwives at a birthing center. My daughter was born at 4:58am, and I went home at 11am. In Pennsylvania you must stay at least 4 hours, but no longer than 12 at a birthing center. If you require care after that they need to transfer you to a hospital. (those times may have changed since I gave birth)
    BITTER likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Wills' hotness is so dead and buried.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    The color choice never crossed my mind because I didn't have much bleeding after giving birth and never had to think about that.

I used midwives at a birthing center. My daughter was born at 4:58am, and I went home at 11am. In Pennsylvania you must stay at least 4 hours, but no longer than 12 at a birthing center. If you require care after that they need to transfer you to a hospital. (those times may have changed since I gave birth)
    I wish that had been my experience. I ended up with a c-section and a 4 night hospital stay. My son was born healthy and happy and I'm certainly grateful for that, but those first few weeks post c-section were really tough.

A*O

If mother and baby are both well and happy there's no need to stay in hospital, especially when there's a tribe of nannies, staff and her ubiquitous mother waiting at home to do everything while she takes it easy (as usual). She's even had time to have her hair done. I went home within 12 hours too.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

She looks fantastic for having just given birth. After both my deliveries I swelled up something fierce. My legs looked like an elephant's. The swelling was so bad on my feet I actually got stretch marks. ON MY FEET! My OB said she'd never seen anything like it.

She looks beautiful and the baby is squee!
    Merlot-N-Bali likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    He's super cute but those Windsor genes are strong.
    Yeah, the pitched battle between Windsor genes and Spencer genes continues, but now the Middleton genes are on the field too. Maybe together they'll do a better job than the Spencers did alone. Oddly, George is reminding me a bit of Diana's brother at this point. I don't see much Middleton. But the girl looks pretty cute for a newborn, so maybe there's hope. Those Windsor genes are even worse in the females.
    horseyashell*cough*whythelongface

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Wills' hotness is so dead and buried.
    I think that what's under the clothes is far better than the face. With those people there's always the butterface....but at least he got better eyes and some grace and proportion from his mother.

It's weird that Diana's father was such a hideous troll. The Spencer kids' Mom had champion genes!

Quote Originally Posted by ADel View Post
    She looks fantastic for having just given birth. After both my deliveries I swelled up something fierce. My legs looked like an elephant's. The swelling was so bad on my feet I actually got stretch marks. ON MY FEET! My OB said she'd never seen anything like it.

She looks beautiful and the baby is squee!
    If you look closely, her feet and ankles do look a bit puffy. I know lol but it's better than nothing....
    lindsaywhit and BITTER like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

That's the prettiest I've seen Kate look. I'm surprised. I hope she doesn't diet down to skin and bones again. That little bit of extra weight looks nice on her.

I love her dress too.

They both look happy, and little George is very cute.
    JazzyGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Yeah, no one mentions that to you when you're pregnant.
    I thought the same thing but realistically, it's not like she will be in that dress for long. Straight in a car & straight to the palace where I'm sure she threw on some trackies & ugg boots lol.

Kate looks gorgeous and that baby is beautiful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    That's the prettiest I've seen Kate look. I'm surprised.
    I agree, that's the best I've seen her look. She looks amazing for just having given birth, hairstylist or not. I also bloated up something fierce after my delivery, my face was almost unrecognizable to me. I call it IV bloat because I was hooked up to one for so long. I'll bet Kate had a quick, natural birth.
    "Never wrap it up, never pull out. Just grind up the morning after pill in her scrambled eggs at sunrise, she'll appreciate that you made her breakfast."

i went home less than 12 hrs after going to the hospital to have my daughter. But, i looked like a truck hit me. hair all messy, baggy clothes, didn't bring a toothbrush, etc.
    i wish i had a team to get my ass ready to go home.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Silver Member

Kate really does look prettier and younger when she's not so damn skinny. Sad fact is she'll diet down to a stick by the end of the year and look 45 again.
    A*O likes this.

The baby was only out for a couple of minutes and they didn't answer any questions. It wasn't raining.

I like how the shawl was carefully placed so that Kate didn't get ignorant comments about her stomach again.
    sputnik and Bombshell like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

Thread Information