Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Like Tree723Likes

Thread: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant with her second child

A*O

Now doesn't she look so much better with her hair UP. I like the outfit/hat too.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Legitimizing LeAnn Rimes' Murderous Trip to the Top

Royal Baby: William and Kate to Announce Birth of Second Child on Twitter : People.com

The Hashtag Royal Baby: William & Kate to Announce Birth of Second Child on Twitter

Kate Middleton, Prince William and Prince George outside St. Mary's hospital, July 23, 2013
    Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty

By Simon Perry @SPerryPeoplemag
    04/27/2015 AT 07:50 AM EDT

Don't expect to see a palace aide hot-footing it down the famous steps of Princess Kate's hospital with news of the royal birth.

That's because, unlike when Prince George was born, the palace will be sending out the news electronically.

When there is news of the arrival of Kate and William's baby at St. Mary's Hospital in London, a release is set to be emailed to those covering the story. Then, "a couple of minutes later," an aide explains, the news will be announced on the palace's social media feeds, including the @KensingtonRoyal Twitter and Instagram accounts.

The information will be the sex of the baby, the time of birth and the weight.

As Kate, 33, and William, 32, and their aides mix the modern with the traditional, there will still be that old-fashioned display of the proclamation signed by the main doctors, led by consultant obstetrician Guy Thorpe-Beeston, posted on an easel in the foreground of Buckingham Palace.

It is the same easel that was used for both Prince George's announcement in July 2013. The placing of the easel on the gravel by the palace gates will only happen in daylight so, in theory, there could be a delay of several hours between the birth and the actual sighting of the sign. "It will be delivered private to BP after the announcement has been made," a palace aide says.

The next piece of information will herald the fact that the couple and their son or daughter are leaving the hospital – a moment when the young family will face the cameras for the first time.

The family is expected to stay at their London home Kensington Palace for a couple of days before heading to their country residence, Anmer Hall, around 150 miles north, where they will spend much of the summer.

William is set to have two weeks' paternity leave from his new job as an air ambulance pilot, for which he re-starts training on June 1.

Royal Baby: William and Kate to Announce Birth of Second Child on Twitter : People.com
    Witchywoman likes this.

Royal baby: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to daughter - BBC News

Royal baby: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to daughter
    May 2, 2015

The princess - who is fourth in line to the throne - was "safely delivered" at 08:34 BST, the palace said in a statement.

The Duke of Cambridge was present for the birth of the baby, who weighed 8lbs 3oz (3.7kg).

Both Catherine and her daughter are "doing well", the statement added.

The name of the baby will be announced in due course.

For live updates click here and for the royal baby special report, click here.

The Prince of Wales, who had earlier said he was hoping for a grand-daughter, and the Duchess of Cornwall said they were "absolutely delighted".

An official notice was placed on an easel at Buckingham Palace - it will be there for 24 hours

Police are guarding the entrance to the hospital in west London

The duchess had earlier been admitted to the private Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital in Paddington, where the couple's first child Prince George was born in July 2013.

The statement from Kensington Palace added: "The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry and members of both families have been informed and are delighted with the news."

The latest royal joins the line of succession behind her grandfather Prince Charles, father Prince William and brother Prince George.

The baby is the Queen's fifth great-grandchild.

The reporters, the camera crews, the hardy fans who've been camping outside had settled in for a long labour. It wasn't to be.

The news came in just after 11:00 BST - the duchess had given birth to a daughter just two-and-a-half hours after arriving at hospital.

As news filtered through outside St Mary's there were cries and cheers and an official town crier made his own birth announcement.

It's now a mass of media, police, royal fans and curious passers-by. The wait now begins again - will the duke and duchess and their new princess leave hospital today? All eyes are on the Lindo Wing door.

The Royal Navy posted this celebratory picture by the crew of HMS Lancaster

The BT Tower in London welcomed the news

Prime Minister David Cameron tweeted: "Congratulations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their baby girl. I'm absolutely delighted for them."

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg tweeted that he and his wife Miriam wished the family "all the best".

And Labour leader Ed Miliband wrote: "Congratulations to the duke and duchess on the birth of their daughter. Wishing them lots of joy and happiness - and hopefully some sleep!"

The Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby said: "It's wonderful news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have a healthy new baby girl.

"Like many here and abroad, I'm delighted for the royal couple on this special day. May God bless them and both of their children with love, health and joy."

A large number of journalists, photographers and broadcasters had gathered after the announcement this morning that Catherine was in labour.

Following the announcement of the birth, standing on the steps of the Lindo Wing, unofficial town crier Tony Appleton told crowds:

"We welcome with humble duty the new baby of their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

"The princess is fourth in line to the throne."

The new royal will not be overtaken in the line of succession by any future younger brothers.

Under new rules which came into force in March, male bias was removed from the succession rules.

She will also be known as the Princess of Cambridge after a Letter Patent was issued by the Queen.

It declared: "All the children of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales should have and enjoy the style, title and attribute of royal highness with the titular dignity of prince or princess prefixed to their Christian names or with such other titles of honour".

And the princess will also be able to marry a Roman Catholic without losing her place in line to the throne.

Royal baby: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to daughter - BBC News

ETA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOlmTg8mKPk

Town Crier announces birth of Royal baby girl

Town Crier announces birth of Royal baby girl
    The Telegraph

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...baby-GIRL.html
    Last edited by dougie; May 2nd, 2015 at 09:29 AM.
    RobbieLee likes this.

This is already posted in two different threads.
    BITTER and faithanne like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^Thanks.

I understand it being posted in this thread. After all, the only purpose of this thread is her birth.

Yay! I'm happy it is a girl. I had no idea that there had been no females in 180 years. Hope her name isn't too stuffy.
    Linne likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^^^^
    wait, what? 180 years? The queen isn't that old
    Linne likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Silver Member

Congrats to the couple. Now I have to call my bookie!

Congrats. That was a short labour!
    snoopqueen and effie2 like this.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

I think Ann was the last female,born on 1950..

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Congrats. That was a short labour!
    But she took her time getting here which gives me an excuse to post my favorite queen meme!

http://images.scribblelive.com/2013/...24454183a0.jpg

RE the 180 year comment:

Royal baby: Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to baby girl | UK news | The Guardian

The Duchess of Cambridge has given birth to a daughter, the first Princess of Cambridge to be born for more than 180 years.

William arrives bringing Prince George to meet his sister.

You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ohhhhhhh
    thanks, sluce. Yo comprendo now
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

By George, I've got a sister! A shy wave from Prince George as he arrives with William to visit Kate Middleton and the royal baby

• Prince George offered a shy wave as he arrived at the Lindo Wing this afternoon to meet his little sister
    • Prince William carried his son up the steps of the hospital where his daughter was born earlier today
    • It is the first time George has been seen in the UK publicly since his own birth at the hospital in 2013
    • Kate, 33, gave birth to a baby girl at 8.34am less than three hours after being admitted to the Lindo Wing
    • The little girl is fourth-in-line to the throne and will be known as Her Royal Highness Princess (name) of Cambridge

By Rebecca English and Jennifer Smith and Stephanie Linning for MailOnline
    Published: 05:09 EST, 2 May 2015 | Updated: 11:05 EST, 2 May 2015

Prince George has arrived at the Lindo Wing to meet his newborn sister, offering a timid wave to the gathered crowds from the hospital steps.
    The 21-month-old was driven from the family home at Kensington Palace to St Mary's Hospital by his father, Prince William, at around 4pm this afternoon.
    After being lifted out of the car and put on the ground to walk, George stretched out his arms to be lifted back up by his father before offering a timid wave to the gathered media and fans.
    The new princess was born at 8.34am today weighing 8lbs and 3oz less than three hours after the Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to hospital.

o

Prince George offered a shy wave as he arrived at the Lindo Wing with his father Prince William after the birth of his little sister this morning

William planted a kiss on his little boy's head as they waved from the steps of the Lindo Wing this afternoon before disappearing into the hospital where Kate and the newborn princess remain

Wearing almost identical jumpers, Princes George and William arrive back at the Lindo Wing this afternoon after the birth of the princess

The 21-month-old clung to his father as he was carried inside the hospital this afternoon to meet his newborn sister, born this morning at 8.34

William attempted to put his toddler down after lifting him out of the car but was quickly persuaded into picking him back up. With a little encouragement from his father George offered a shy wave as he entered the hospital

The little prince looked bemused as he was carried out into the Lindo Wing at St Mary's Hospital. It is the first time George has been seen publicly since his own birth in 2013

Full Article and more pictures:

Royal baby news: Queen wears pink during official duties on great-grandchild's birthday
    dougie, tulip, KrisNine and 4 others like this.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information