Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Casey Kasem Family Feud - Cops Called

Casey Kasem's widow is NOT off the hook just because she's thwarting the efforts of cops to get a full autopsy ... to determine if she committed elder abuse ... because we've learned cops are confident they have the goods to nail her.

We've confirmed Jean Kasem is moving Casey's body from Montreal to Oslo, Norway, where Casey's body will be buried.

TMZ broke the story ... the Santa Monica Police Dept. is investigating Jean ... because they say they have evidence she compromised his health by taking him on a wild, multi-state ride to evade the rest of her family ... causing him to get an infection that contributed to his death.

Law enforcement sources now tell TMZ ... although they'd like to have a full autopsy, detectives believe they have enough evidence to present the case to prosecutors. They've interviewed doctors and others who examined Casey during the car ride ... and cops say it's incriminating stuff.

We're told the case will be submitted to the L.A. County D.A. ... soon.

Read more: Casey Kasem -- Scandinavian Burial Won't Free Widow of Criminal Charges | TMZ.com
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Calico Kid View Post
    The autopsy rate in the US is 8.5%. Since Kasey had a known disease, he would not have had one unless foul play was suspected or his wife requested.

More Deaths Go Unchecked as Autopsy Rate Falls to “Miserably Low” Levels | Post Mortem | FRONTLINE | PBS
    Quote Originally Posted by WhateverLolaWants View Post
    Thanks. I didn't know that.
    I think I must have missed a few pages or something. Didn't Kerri have guardianship or something over Casey towards the end because the judge was slack jawed at how Jean was treating him?

Bronze Member

Casey Kasem's 1st wife mentioned in an article that she divorced him because he had a temper and screamed alot, so Casey was probably attracted to Jean because of their equally fiery personalities. Jean probably already had his body cremated and buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I think I must have missed a few pages or something. Didn't Kerri have guardianship or something over Casey towards the end because the judge was slack jawed at how Jean was treating him?
    Kerri had medical power of attorney but that ends at death and the person named in the will would assume power.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I had regular (full) PoA on my grandmother and it extended beyond her death. Is it just because she only had medical PoA? I can't understand how they can't find this crazy woman who's hiding a corpse.

if i'm not mistaken, I think his daughter was working with a Judge to prevent Jean from taking his body. It was issued too late and Jean made off with his body. or am i making that up??

My father gave me full PoA for when he leaves this earth. It is crystal clear as to what he wants done with his remains and what to do with his estate. Plus he made a will out backing up the PoA. It's so important to have all that shit set in stone when you are able to make a clear decision.

There is a Uniform Power of Attorney Act that is followed by most states. It calls for the ending of power of attorney upon death of the principal. Then the directives of their will or last wishes go into effect.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

All the POA's I have been issued (3) expired at the time of death.

I have also been the executrix of 2 of their estates.

Casey Kasem

Buried in Norway

... FINALLY

26 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

Exclusive Details

Casey Kasem was finally laid to rest ... 6 months after he died.

It's the end of what turned into an international power struggle between Casey's wife, Jean, and his children.

We've learned the famed DJ was buried last Tuesday at the Vestre Gravlund, one of the largest cemeteries in Norway. We're told there was a small ceremony ... we don't know if Jean was there but we're told his kids were not. Casey's children didn't know he was even buried until Monday.

The burial is legally significant. The LAPD has been conducting an elder abuse investigation after Casey's kids filed a police report claiming Jean caused Casey to get a fatal infection during a wild, multi-state car ride.

The body has been rotting away for months -- for a long period of time it wasn't even embalmed. The decay and now the burial in a foreign land will make it virtually impossible for L.A. authorities to make a solid determination on whether the bed sores contributed to Casey's death.

RIP Casey ... finally.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3MeYibfbF
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Still sucks because the man didn't want to be buried there. I hope karma doesn't wait long for Jean's crazy ass.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

But Norway is just so random.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    But Norway is just so random.
    So, we could all have that "A-ha" moment?
    Kittylady likes this.

Hey now, I still love A-Ha.

But its weird, now every time I'm in Norway I'm going to be thinking about Dead Kasey rotting away. It would never have crossed my mind if he were just buried here like normal people, ffs.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Casey Kasem Kids Win $2 Million Life Insurance Policy

11/2/2015 2:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE
    Casey Kasem's kids won a big battle with their dad's widow -- they're getting to cash a life insurance check that Jean Kasem tried to keep away from them ... TMZ has learned.
    Casey's 4 kids, 3 from a previous marriage, and his widow had been fighting over who gets one of two $2 million life insurance policies he left behind after his death in June 2014. One for Jean, and the other for a trust in the kids' names.
    But Jean pleaded with the insurer, MetLife, to hold off on paying the kids because she claimed they could have contributed to Casey's death. She wanted an investigation, and our Kasem family sources tell us the kids made a similar claim against Jean.
    For its part, MetLife wanted a judge to decide who got the money.
    The judge ruled in the kids' favor, saying the trustee is the sole and rightful beneficiary. Jean's $2 mil policy was never in dispute, though it's unclear if she's been paid yet.

Has this poor bastard even been buried yet? I remember jeanne keeping him on ice in Sweden or some nonsense.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information