Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Casey Kasem Family Feud - Cops Called

I don't understand how someone could just "take" a body from a funeral home. Like what, pull up to the place and wheel your loved one into the trunk of your car? Isn't there some kind of protocol or laws regarding disposal/burial of a dead person? Did the funeral home release his body to her or did she steal it?

This just gets weirder and weirder.
    snoopqueen and spinmonkey like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

And how long can you drag a body around without it starting to rot and stink?!?!? Good Lord,...that is really disgusting, creepy and just plain disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by PecanPie View Post
    She sounds like a woman in need of a really good refrigeration system.
    I wonder if she is going to plant him in her garden? Build a shrine? WHAT.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    And how long can you drag a body around without it starting to rot and stink?!?!? Good Lord,...that is really disgusting, creepy and just plain disrespectful.
    I'm suspecting some serious "Weekend at Casey's" hijinks....
    twitchy2.0 and BoogsBun like this.

'Simpsons' producer jokes about crossover show
    'Simpsons' producer jokes about crossover show
    By ALICIA RANCILIO — Jul. 20, 2014 9:01 PM EDT

BEVERY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — "We're doing a crossover with Scooby-Doo to find Casey Kasem's body." — "The Simpsons" executive producer Al Jean on whether there would be a crossover with "The Simpsons" and "Futurama."

He told journalists Sunday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour that a crossover episode will air in November.

A "Simpsons" crossover with "Family Guy" will air in September.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    We had to do this for my Dad too, and in time, I had to make the decision for my Mom, who'd had an immense stroke and was basically a vegetable. Each time, it was horrible beyond belief.

What I want to know is WHY withholding fluid and nutrition so the person dies by inches is just FINE, but simply giving them a quick lethal injection (again, pre-approved by the patient him or herself) is illegal. Why. WHY. It's the same fucking thing! You're killing the person either way, but the first option is slow and cruel (no matter how much morphine you pump into them) and the second is quick and humane. Honestly, fuck society. My experiences left me with hideous memories of basically torturing my beloved parents' poor wasted bodies that I have NEVER gotten over. So again, fuck society.

FYI, my parents' doctor totally agreed with me.

Stories like this always bring up this question for me, yet again. It's such disgusting hypocrisy.
    OMG I so agree with you. when my mom was in a vegetative state due to Alzheimers, my sister and I begged her dr to quietly give her something but of course he wouldn't. My mom's brother had also had Alzheimers and she had begged my sister and I to not keep her alive in such a state. It was pure hell for us to watch her just lying there alive, yet knowing she was never coming back to "life."

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The Co$ daughter Kerri? This whole family is crazy.
    She's def a Co$bot...trying to distance herself a little but there is plenty of proof on the internet.

That said, I think the children loved their father deeply and wanted to see him taken care of, comfortable and to retain his dignity and be put to redt per his wishes and instructions. Very, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    OMG I so agree with you. when my mom was in a vegetative state due to Alzheimers, my sister and I begged her dr to quietly give her something but of course he wouldn't. My mom's brother had also had Alzheimers and she had begged my sister and I to not keep her alive in such a state. It was pure hell for us to watch her just lying there alive, yet knowing she was never coming back to "life."
    I agree. Watched my Grandma live locked in her own body for ten fucking years, unable to even utter a sound. It was hell on earth. She would plead with her eyes. Every time I left from a "visit", I would pull my car around the corner and just bawl for a while before driving home. Alzheimer's.
    Drive-by poster

Jean Kasem is showing herself to be crazier than I thought. Casey had set up an irrevocable trust for his kids many years ago, that is all they get, and Jean has had her attorney send notice to the trustees that she is going after that money.

Jean Kasem Plans To Sue To Revoke Casey Kasem’s Trusts To Kids, Icon Still NOT Buried At Forest Lawn Cemetery, Body Still In Wash., Highlight Hollywood News | Highlight Hollywood

Jean Kasem Plans To Sue To Revoke Casey Kasem’s Trusts To Kids, Icon Still NOT Buried At Forest Lawn Cemetery, Body Still In Wash., Highlight Hollywood News

Casey Kasem’s loving daughter Kerri opened up about her feud with stepmother Jean Kasem, including how the dispute could affect Casey’s burial and her trust fund. Kerri Kasem says that her father’s body is still in Washington and hasn’t been buried despite her father’s wishes to be buried at Forest Lawn cemetery in Los Angeles.

Now becoming one of Hollywood’s saddest stories about death of famous people, from James Brown, Anna Nicole Smith, to Michael Jackson and now Casey Kasem, Kerri also said that Jean last week sent a letter to the lawyer in charge of his will saying she’s “coming after” the irrevocable trust Casey set up for his kids 30 years ago, which Kerri said is “the only thing our dad left us.”

Kerry was very emotional, when she said she has no idea when the animosity between her and Jean began or why. “If I knew, I would tell you,” Kerri said on Thursday. “I would try to make amends. I would say, ‘I’m sorry Jean. What happened? … Why do you hate us so much?’ ” Kerri added that she hasn’t seen Jean in 15 years apart from once in passing at a hospital and talking to her twice on the phone.

Casey was one of our favorite neighbors in Holmby Hills, and the tight-knit community is in a collective shock and horror over what has transpired in this sad case. Our hearts and prayers go out to Kasem’s children, who truly loved their father, and who genuinely wanted the best for him. Here’s hoping Casey is soon buried and laid to rest in the Hollywood Hills cemetery, his written wishes request.

And now this:

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/cas...033600753.html

Casey Kasem's Family and Friends Try to Stop His Burial in Norway
    The Wrap By Jason Hughes 8 hours ago

The children, family and friends of broadcast legend Casey Kasem have not backed down in their ongoing struggle with his wife, Jean Kasem. In a letter signed by 20 of his closest friends and family members, the country of Norway was formally asked to deny Jean's request to have her husband buried there.

“As beautiful as your country is, our father has never spoken of any desire to be buried in Norway either to us or to his friends,” they wrote in the letter. “In fact, it was the opposite. Casey wanted to be buried in his hometown of Los Angeles, California, his home of over 53 years.”

The letter goes on to allege that Jean Kasem fabricated her own Norwegian heritage, with her nephew Herbert “Tommy” Thompson saying, “As far as we know, we are English, German and Native American. We have never ever heard anyone speak of Norway or Norwegian for that matter in our house. We don't have an ounce of Norwegian blood to our knowledge.”

The letter further alleges the family's belief that Jean is attempting to have Casey Kasem buried in Norway “because of the ongoing investigation from local authorities of criminal elder abuse.”

In a separate letter, Mike Curb, former Lt. Gov. of California and one of Casey Kasem's closest friends, stated that Casey Kasem wanted to be buried in California. According to a representative for Casey Kasem's daughter Kerri Kasem, her father “asked Mike Curb in 2010 to be buried in Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Burbank because he foresaw something like this happening with Jean.”

Curb wrote that he has offered to pay for Casey Kasem's burial at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in California, or any other place the family feels is appropriate. Curb's letter, along with the family's letter, was sent to Norwegian officials in response to Jean Kasem's request to have him buried there.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

How sad. What a fucking pyschopath that Jean is.
    CL** likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I don't understand why Jean isn't already in custody. I know it's not strictly illegal to be crazypants, but hasn't she actually broken some laws? Or am I being ignorant here?
    Bombshell likes this.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

I'm a bit confused. I thought the kids turned the body over to her. I'm wondering why they did at this point. I'll never understand people like Jean but you see it all too often. I feel like we are gonna be talking about the man not being buried five years from now.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Good Lord!! Get the man buried already! Can Jean actually get into the trusts Casey set up for his kids 30 years ago??? I sure hope the fuck not!

The kids didn't give Jean the body, from my understanding, is Jean STOLE the body. Probably holding it for ransom or shit.

doesn't the trust predate the marriage to Jean? unless Casey requested they be revoked, I really don't see how that's possible.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

I doubt the trust can be revoked but it doesn't mean that Jean can't try to tie it up for years as long as she is willing to pay an attorney.

The body "belongs" to Jean as the spouse unless Casey left directives stating otherwise, I believe. Legally she can decide where and when to bury him but the kids are fighting because they want to honor his wishes. Many seem to believe she is hiding the body so that they cannot use it as evidence of elder care abuse. I keep wondering where the daughter he had with Jean stands in all of this. Does she have a relationship with her half sibling? Does she support the insanity of her mother?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information