Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Casey Kasem Family Feud - Cops Called

Silver Member

What a sad way to have such a well-lived life end. I can't imagine taking such an ill person and yanking him all over the place by his own wife, who should care more about him than herself.
    snoopqueen and Lalasnake like this.

Sad that he passed on Father's Day. But a blessing for his kids to get to spend some time with their Dad and have that last Father's Day.

Now let the fighting proceed to plan the funeral, and the will. I support the older kids fight against Jean and am glad they got to help him at the end of his life.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

^ My thoughts exactly...let the estate battles begin. Will the kooky wife bring some raw meat to the funeral? RIP Casey. A sad end, with family members fighting over you in your dying days, and likely after death as well.
    snoopqueen likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

RIP Casey Kasem

RIP to a legend!

It's a shame that his last few months was spent in such a horrific public squabble between his family.

He played a small part in my love for and obsession with music as I loved listening to his Top 40 Countdown as a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

RIP Shaggy!

Silver Member

Heartbreaking final months, I think and hope he was unaware of the mess that transpired. RIP Mr. Kasem.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth82 View Post
    lol that is still some of the funniest audio ever heard imo.

This is CLASSIC!!!

RIP Mr. Kasem.
    He was a huge presence on the Armed Forces Network. Every Sunday when we were deployed, they'd play his radio show.
    Seth82, snoopqueen and msdeb like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

Well sad of course but at least he's out of that lunatic's clutches.

BBC News
    3 hours ago

Casey Kasem was honoured with the Radio Icon award at The 2003 Radio Music Awards in Las Vegas
    DJ Casey Kasem, best known for hosting US radio show American Top 40, has died at the age of 82, his daughter has said.

Kasem became a household name in the US after launching the nationally-syndicated show in 1970.

He also voiced cartoon character Shaggy in Scooby-Doo.

He had suffered from Lewy body disease, a form of dementia, and had recently been at the centre of a bitter family court battle over his care.

Casey Kasem and his wife Jean smile as he receives his own "Star" on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
    He received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1981
    His death comes days after a judge allowed the star's daughter Kerri to withhold food, liquid and medication from her father against the wishes of his wife of 34 years, Jean.

A message posted on Twitter by Kerri Kasem said: "Early this Father's Day morning, our dad Casey Kasem passed away surrounded by family and friends.

"Even though we know he is in a better place and no longer suffering, we are heartbroken.

"Thank you for all your love, support and prayers. The world will miss Casey Kasem, an incredible talent and humanitarian; we will miss our Dad."

Kasem began his career in the 1950s and found fame with the chart programme.

He famously ended his broadcasts with his signature sign-off: "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars."

After spells hosting countdown shows under other titles, he returned to American Top 40 in the 1990s and retired from the airwaves in 2009.

Around the world, his radio rundown was broadcast in 50 countries and he was known for the spin-off TV show America's Top 10.

Velma, Scooby Doo, Shaggy, Daphne and Fred in Scooby Doo, 1969
    Kasem was the voice of Shaggy, centre, for 40 years
    In Scooby-Doo, Kasem voiced the scruffy, food-loving but sometimes cowardly Shaggy from the first series in 1969 until 1995, and again from 2002 until 2009.

He had numerous other roles in TV shows, animations and commercials over the years.

The veteran presenter received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 1981 and was inducted into the National Radio Hall of Fame in 1992. In 2003, he was honoured with the Radio Icon award at The Radio Music Awards in Las Vegas.

'One of the greats'

Among those paying tribute were Ryan Seacrest, who took over from Kasem as host of American Top 40 in 2004.

In a statement, Seacrest recalled how he would listen to Kasem every week "and dream about someday becoming a radio DJ".

"Casey had a distinctive friendly on-air voice, and he was just as affable and nice if you had the privilege to be in his company. He'll be greatly missed by all of us," he said.

Rock star Bryan Adams described him as "one of the greats of American radio".

Last month, Jean Kasem moved her husband from a California nursing home to friends in Washington state, after courts in California awarded Kerri temporary conservatorship over her father's care.

Court documents showed that Kasem's daughters Kerri and Julie had accused Jean of "elder abuse" by isolating their father from his children. Kasem and Jean also had a daughter together called Liberty.

Super sad. I spent such a chunk of my childhood next to a radio listening to him on Sunday afternoons. I hate the way his life ended so I hope he is at peace and that his kids will find peace as well.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

"If the extension of my life would result in mere biological existence, devoid of cognitive function, with no reasonable hope for normal functioning, then I do not desire any form of life-sustaining procedures, including nutrition and hydration."
    We had to do this for my Dad too, and in time, I had to make the decision for my Mom, who'd had an immense stroke and was basically a vegetable. Each time, it was horrible beyond belief.

What I want to know is WHY withholding fluid and nutrition so the person dies by inches is just FINE, but simply giving them a quick lethal injection (again, pre-approved by the patient him or herself) is illegal. Why. WHY. It's the same fucking thing! You're killing the person either way, but the first option is slow and cruel (no matter how much morphine you pump into them) and the second is quick and humane. Honestly, fuck society. My experiences left me with hideous memories of basically torturing my beloved parents' poor wasted bodies that I have NEVER gotten over. So again, fuck society.

FYI, my parents' doctor totally agreed with me.

Stories like this always bring up this question for me, yet again. It's such disgusting hypocrisy.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie_Moffett View Post
    We had to do this for my Dad too, and in time, I had to make the decision for my Mom, who'd had an immense stroke and was basically a vegetable. Each time, it was horrible beyond belief.

What I want to know is WHY withholding fluid and nutrition so the person dies by inches is just FINE, but simply giving them a quick lethal injection (again, pre-approved by the patient him or herself) is illegal. Why. WHY. It's the same fucking thing! You're killing the person either way, but the first option is slow and cruel (no matter how much morphine you pump into them) and the second is quick and humane. Honestly, fuck society. My experiences left me with hideous memories of basically torturing my beloved parents' poor wasted bodies that I have NEVER gotten over. So again, fuck society.

FYI, my parents' doctor totally agreed with me.

Stories like this always bring up this question for me, yet again. It's such disgusting hypocrisy.
    Kathie, I completely agree with you.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Withholding nutrition and fluids is not as inhumane as it sounds. When the body is in the process of shutting down, the need for food/fluids has dramatically decreased, thus they aren't really "starving" like you or I would be without food/fluids.

Pumping stuff into a body that is unable to process it anyway can cause overload.
    Kathie_Moffett and Bombshell like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information