Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: Casey Kasem Family Feud - Cops Called

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Crazy ass gold digger.
    Someone on Gawker had noted that she was married to Kasem for about 30 years. So, she probably does/did care about him and wasn't just in it for money. However, her behavior lately, and seeming attempts to isolate him from his other children seem pretty bad.
    snoopqueen and CL** like this.

There is no reason for her to be keeping his kids from seeing him that I can see. She's the one looking like the nut here.

And he should not be having bed sores if properly cared for.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    There is no reason for her to be keeping his kids from seeing him that I can see. She's the one looking like the nut here.

And he should not be having bed sores if properly cared for.
    She's probably telling people that the Native American shaman (on the reservation she took him to) said that bedsores help your noble spirit to exit your body easier.

Stage three bedsores and lung and bladder infections sound horrific! By the third stage of a bedsore, your skin has literally been worn away & you have inches deep and several inches wide hole in your back or buttocks and fat can show through. By stage four, the hole has worn down to show muscle and bone. Don't google image search it unless you like Twitchy links. This woman should not only not have care over Mr. Kasem, but barring mental illness on her part, she herself should be prosecuted for elder abuse and neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalasnake View Post
    Stage three bedsores and lung and bladder infections sound horrific! By the third stage of a bedsore, your skin has literally been worn away & you have inches deep and several inches wide hole in your back or buttocks and fat can show through. By stage four, the hole has worn down to show muscle and bone. Don't google image search it unless you like Twitchy links. This woman should not only not have care over Mr. Kasem, but barring mental illness on her part, she herself should be prosecuted for elder abuse and neglect.
    Wow, I didn't realize that. If that's true, and she was overseeing his care, it would seem either she was trying to hasten his death or she is so off her rocker that she couldn't possible function as someone who oversees his welfare. Or like you were saying, should be prosecuted for some kind of willful negligence.

To be fair, most people don't even realize that letting someone lay in the bed can cause these. Or if they do have any awareness, have no idea how little time it takes for one to develop. Pressure+moisture is a bad combo. He obviously has the money that they could have people working in shifts to make sure this doesn't happen.

I know ordinary people (without the money/resources of the Kasems) taking care of years-long (and completely immobile) bed-bound family members who do not have pressure ulcers. It's a full-time job. But it's not impossible.
    I'mNotBitter likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I don't care how long they've been married I still think she's a crazy ass gold digger just like her character on Cheers!
    snoopqueen and MohandasKGanja like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Really horrific sad tale of neglect. She let him lay there and deteriorate after moving him from California to some ratty house two states away.

One of the articles I read said that they've been staying with friends for quite a while. Why? Maybe she's spent all the money already and is trying to hide the fact?

. Don't google image search it unless you like Twitchy links.
    you skank! I never posted pictures of bedsores!
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    you skank! I never posted pictures of bedsores!
    True, but you often post disturbing links, and that's what I was getting at. If you enjoy Twitchy links, you might not be traumatized by Google image searching 3rd stage bedsores.

Are they anything like Prince Oberyn's splitting headache?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Are they anything like Prince Oberyn's splitting headache?

True, but you often post disturbing links,
    I can't think of a single one.
    Mel1973 and SHELLEE like this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Casey Kasem alert but in critical condition - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Renowned radio personality Casey Kasem is in critical condition at a hospital in western Washington, a spokesman for St. Anthony Hospital told CNN in a written statement Thursday.

"Mr. Kasem is alert and appears comfortable at this time," Scott Thompson, a spokesman for the facility in Gig Harbor added.

The 82-year-old former host of "American Top 40" and "Casey's Top 40" is receiving antibiotics through IVs, blood pressure support medicine and care for his bed sores, Thompson said.

Kasem was admitted to the hospital Sunday after one of his daughters and an ambulance crew retrieved him from a home where he and his wife were staying with friends.

"Any further updates on Mr. Kasem's condition will be at the discretion and approval of his children," Thompson said.

Danny Deraney, a representative of daughter Kerri Kasem, told CNN that members of the family, including Casey Kasem's brother, were flying to Washington. When asked if they feared Casey Kasem might die, Deraney said it could be his last moments or he could get better. Deraney clarified that he never meant that Kasem's health was failing as was reported by several media outlets.

On Thursday, a message appeared on the Twitter account of Deraney PR, saying that Kasem was in "stable condition." A patient can be listed as both critical and stable, if his condition is poor but not deteriorating further.

The radio icon has been at the center of a family feud between Jean Kasem, his wife of 34 years, and his three children from his first marriage.

Kerri Kasem; her sister, Julie; and their brother, Mike Kasem, have contended since last year that Jean Kasem has prevented the three siblings from visiting their father.

Kasem has Lewy body disease, the most common type of progressive dementia after Alzheimer's, and has been bed-ridden for some time.

He had been at a facility in Santa Monica, California, before Jean Kasem took him to Washington state after his daughter Kerri Kasem won temporary conservatorship over her father's care.

Last week, a Washington court granted Kerri Kasem the right to visit her father one hour a day and to have him examined by a doctor.

On Friday afternoon, a Kitsap County judge will continue the hearing and get an update on the situation, Deraney said.

Deraney expected the judge to rule on whether Jean Kasem would have to let Kerri Kasem have more input on where her father lives and who cares for him.

Casey Kasem, who was also the voice of Shaggy in the cartoon "Scooby-Doo" and an announcer for NBC, retired in 2009.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information