Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony Still Causes Rage

With respect, I disagree NickiDrea. I know that you know much more than I could about the American justice system. But the choloroform in the trunk - after those google searches - leaves me with no reasonable doubt about Caylee's death being accidental. Especially considering her cheerfullness that month and during the interviews.

... Okay I just though of a reasonable doubt... Perhaps the chloroform was to kill her parents... Casey told one of her friends that her parents were moving away soon, and leaving her (Casey) their house.

The jury didn't examine the evidence when making their deliberations. They didnt read the transcripts, watch interviews, look at the trunk contents. They didnt even ask the court questions for clarity about the legal termonolgy on their paperwork . The jury chose their foreman, ate, read their paperwork, "deliberated", filled out the paperwork... within thirteen hours. The case ran for over a month yet they didnt need to review anything or ask any questions. I dont believe the jury cared; the first question they'd asked the judge at the start of the trial is whether the alternates could go home after the trial or if they had to stick around during deliberations too.

In my (non legal) opinion, the jury didnt try to apply reasonable doubt. They wanted the murder shown to them like a csi episode. Casey's life was better with Caylee gone. And I agree with the coroner who said, parents call 911 even when their drowned kid's body is ice cold; they are desperate for a miracle and in denial.

I'm gonna take a break. I'm not running away from the discussion (I'd talk about this all day, and that is a my problem); I'll be back tomorrow... unless Trump's impeachment show up on my news feeds, in which case I'll be back online 24/7. xo
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by ChloroformCasey View Post
    Sure, all the people I know that have backyard above ground pool accidental drownings are always found dumped in a swamp near their home with duct tape over their mouths. And absolutely after the mother of the child doesnt report for a month, makes up a story about a babysitter and leads investigators on a two hour trip to her "office" at a place she doesnt have a job at.
    Dont get me started.
    You don't know how the child died. You're assuming it was a drowning but the medical examiner couldn't testify to that. There may have been duct tape over her mouth but we don't know when it got there (the body had been decomposing for a long time and we don't know how it was originally wrapped either) or who put it on there. We don't know if the child was dead or alive when it was put on there.

Not reporting the disappearance for a month is poor parenting and maybe even endangering the welfare of a child (maybe), but it isn't murder.

Lying to investigatirs is a scummy move, and possibly some kind of obstruction, but it isn't murder.

Even adding up all of those things it's still a circumstantial case full of speculation. The verdict was proper based on the evidence presented by the prosecution. They reached a lot with the charges and Casey lucked out that she was able to keep things hidden for a long time which allowed the body to decompose and evidence to be lost/contaminated/disappear. If I was on the jury I also would have found her not guilty. But I would still know she did it.

Again, if you can't answer basic questions about the death you're going to have a hard time. There are exceptions, people are found guilty on less evidence than this but I don't agree with it.

Edit: If people are guilty based on Google searches I am fucked.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

I certainly dont believe she drowned. I was going off what the jury "bought".
    holly and Mivvi21 like this.

To clarify, I'm not trying to imply that googling how to make chloroform is a evidence of premeditation, but that the google search *in addition* to the chloroform in the trunk is.

The duct tape held the lower jaw in place through decomposition; it had been applied over hair on both sides of the child's face. And again, I agree with the coroner that there is no reason to put that duct tape on a dead child.

Casey stole thousands from her family including her grandmother; told her ex Jessie that Caylee was his after they broke up; lied about two jobs (Disney event planner and a retail worker at a sports store) and Zanny the Nanny for over two years; and was smiling and unfazed while lying to three police investigators' even whence caught out in her lies. I can't see why she'd go to all that effort to cover up an accidental drowning, when lying through her teeth has gotten her so far in life already.

What I'm trying to say is that nothing is ever Casey's fault (in her mind). Even if she let Caylee swim alone whilst she was updating her Myspace page, Casey wouldn't believe herself to blame; she'd claim someone else must've left the pool stairs up. Casey dumped Caylee's body literally two streets away, and just a couple of meters into the swamp line - that's how lazy Casey is. If it were an accident, putting three pieces of duct tape on Caylee's face, wrapping her up in her Winnie the Pooh blanket, shoving her into a laundry bag and then into the trunk is a lot of work. In my opinion, it wouldn't have been hard for Casey to call 911, fake cry and claim she had "no idea" the pool stairs were up.

I stress that this is my opinion. And IMO - circumstantial or otherwise - I don't see reasonable doubt here. The jury decided Casey wasnt even guilty of child abuse, but IIRC, not reporting a missing or dead child was listed as part of the definition of child abuse on the very forms the jury had in front of them. That's why the jury's decision sticks in my craw.
    What do we want?
    EVIDENCE BASED SCIENCE
    When do we want it?
    AFTER PEER REVIEW

Casey's court-story never added up. Baez created a sensational, crazy-ass claim in his opening statement and never backed up any of it during the actual court testimony and presentation of evidence. We are supposed to believe that Casey Anthony knew her child died accidentally/negligently, and that her father disposed of the body for her.

And then, somehow, during myriad jailhouse conversations (that they weren't even initially aware were being recorded), the father and the rest of the family who either knew (in the case of the father), or may have been aware (mother, brother) begged and pleaded with her to reveal the whereabouts of Caylee (while Casey stonewalled). All that conversation would have been "for show" by two people (Casey and her father) who were completely unpracticed in putting on this show and had no time in advance to plan it in the first place.

I could not believed she got a not guilty verdict. I just couldn't believe it. There was so much evidence, compounded, against her. Circumstantial yes, but one dot leads to another dot, and another. I agree with Kat. People were looking for a CSI moment or a video tape.

June 2008: Casey makes up a story about dropping her daughter off at the "babysitter's apartment". Turns out the "babysitter" never lived at the apartment, but Casey, who had visited the complex during that time apparently flipped through some visitor cards left by the front of the office and fixated on a "Mexican name".

June 2008: Casey's car is found abandoned and towed to Mom and Dad's house where she resides. Casey blows it off by saying that she is on a mini vacation and wishes not to be bothered via phone call.

July 2008: Casey's Mom calls 911 saying that her grandchild is missing and that Casey's towed and locked car smells like there is a dead body in it. BTW, Caylee has been missing for 31 days at this point.

July 2008: Cadaver dogs hit on the trunk of the car.

Found in the trunk: maggots, chloroform, Caylee's hair and body matter DNA (meaning most likely that Caylee spent a long time in that trunk)

Child's skull found 2 blocks for Anthony home where Casey lives. Night before there is phone videos of Casey participating in wet shirt contest.

Both Mother and Father willing to testify that they suspected Casey did it if death penalty was taken off the table.

Other evidence:
    Caylee had three strips of duck tape still attached to her head. One under the jaw, one across the mouth, and another on the bridge of her nose.

Casey lead investigators on a two hour journey to a place she said she worked at but didn't.

Casey's boyfriend was bothered by children and did not want children.

Casey admits in jail that she used to "knock Caylee out" with pills so she could go out and find a man and father.

Since then (2016), Casey has become a wedding and child photographer in Florida. Case Photography LLC.

And so so so much more that I'm probably just not remembering at the moment. I hate this woman, this baby murderer with every ounce of my being. She's got videos on youtube talking about how she wants more children.

I hate that I am going back to this. I wish the jury would have gotten it right.
    Wisher, holly, Mivvi21 and 1 others like this.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Casey's court-story never added up. Baez created a sensational, crazy-ass claim in his opening statement and never backed up any of it during the actual court testimony and presentation of evidence. We are supposed to believe that Casey Anthony knew her child died accidentally/negligently, and that her father disposed of the body for her.

And then, somehow, during myriad jailhouse conversations (that they weren't even initially aware were being recorded), the father and the rest of the family who either knew (in the case of the father), or may have been aware (mother, brother) begged and pleaded with her to reveal the whereabouts of Caylee (while Casey stonewalled). All that conversation would have been "for show" by two people (Casey and her father) who were completely unpracticed in putting on this show and had no time in advance to plan it in the first place.
    Yep, I left that out. Forgot about that, but it's also super telling.
    Just add it to the mountain of evidence that the jurors ignored.
    Wisher likes this.
    "Like when I host a party. I hope my guests get along. But if not, how interesting!"
    Andy Cohen

Wanna hear something weird? It's the part about wedding and child photography. I actally helped investigate on the Darlie Routier murders who was convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of two of her three sons. The father, who is weird as hell is also now a child and wedding photographer.
    Wisher and holly like this.
    Andy Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by ChloroformCasey View Post
    Wanna hear something weird? It's the part about wedding and child photography. I actally helped investigate on the Darlie Routier murders who was convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of two of her three sons. The father, who is weird as hell is also now a child and wedding photographer.
    The Darlie Routier case causes me to rage too. Redneck bitch. Then spraying silly string on the tombstone. *smh*
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Silver Member

I also hate this sociopath as well and fucking hate that she still gets press. The media should ignore her and she should have a cup of STFU. But I know some day someone, some media outlet or publishing company will pay her a lot of money for her story. Putrid.
    Reset my laptop and my old name Wisher came up when I logged in.
    Eat it, it'll put hairs on your chest
    Well, dye me red and call me blondie

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    The Darlie Routier case causes me to rage too. Redneck bitch. Then spraying silly string on the tombstone. *smh*
    There are so many similarities in the cases. Two young women who would rather live "the big life" or "Bella Vita" sans children because they both had personal dramas going on with their personal life, thought life would be better without kids in the way. Darlie will be executed. Casey will continue her life and be a wedding photographer. I guess it has some part to do with the demographics of the surroundings.
    Wisher and Bluebonnet like this.
    Andy Cohen

And that damn Susan Smith bitch who drowned her two boys in 1994 because she was interested in a guy from her job who didn't want children.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Yep Bluebonnet, I forgot about her too. Blamed a "black man" as I remember. She got life. If she had her way she would have had an innocent black man executed. Nice gal that one. Also killed two of her children because she wanted to cozy up to a dude.
    Wisher and Bluebonnet like this.
    Andy Cohen

Diane Downs too. Bushy-haired stranger shot her 3 kids in the back seat of her car. Unfortunately for her, 2 of them survived and testified against her. She was also dating a man who broke it off because he wasn't interested in being a stepdaddy.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Yep, Diane Downs too. She was a real piece of work. I think a common thread with all these women is that they "sacrificed" their children for companionship. Darlie was married, but she had found out her hubby was boffing her younger sister, so I guess it applies to her too. They all felt like they couldn't find a man if there was a child/children in the picture.

It makes you wonder about what lead up to this. How do they have so little self worth that they kill a child or children just to get with a man who probably didn't want them anyway? Or on another thought, why did they think so highly of themselves to think they could murder their children and no one would ever suspect them?

I guess it will be something that people like us will always ponder. I will never understand it.
    Wisher likes this.
    Andy Cohen

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread Information