Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony Still Causes Rage

They did DNA, among other things... remember the glue/sticker tests?! While I think they should have exhausted everything to get a convictiin, I felt like the sticker was relied on too much by the prosecution. I don't recall the glue or duct tape having any fingerprints, which would have helped put Casey and anyone else else that may have been involved in this murder
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

fgg

Casey Anthony’s Lawyer Claims She Had a ‘Blackout’ of Daughter Caylee’s Death

It’s a question that may never be answered: What, exactly, happened to Caylee Anthony?

When the 2-year-old girl’s remains were found near her home in 2008 about five months after she was reported missing, the medical examiner was unable to determine a cause of death. But prosecutors had already charged Caylee’s mother, Casey Anthony, with first-degree murder — for which she was later acquitted after a high-profile trial.

Jurors said that one of their reasons was because they didn’t know how Caylee died.

In a new interview, one of Anthony’s trial attorneys, Cheney Mason, says that even she doesn’t know that.

“I believe that Casey’s mind, in some dimension, I guess the common word would say ‘snapped.'” Mason told LawNewz in an article published Friday. “She didn’t go crazy by any means — but blackout — completely a blackout — of what went on and what happened.”

“[Anthony] grieved and comprehended differently than anyone else,” said Mason, who defended her alongside Jose Baez. “She went into what I call ‘Casey World.’ She shut it out.”

“She didn’t know what she was doing or what she was saying,” he continued. “She knows she did not do this.”

In his hour-long interview with LawNewz, Mason said that Anthony loved Caylee and was “bonded to” her. According to him, Anthony didn’t fully grasp that her daughter was dead until her murder trial.

In the years since her release from jail, Anthony has seldom spoken out. In March, she told the Associated Press that the details of Caylee’s death were still unclear to her.

“I understand the reasons people feel about me. I understand why people have the opinions that they do,” she said. “I’m still not even certain as I stand here today about what happened.”

Anthony then added that she had made peace with her past. “I don’t give a s— about what anyone thinks about me, I never will,” she said. “I’m okay with myself; I sleep pretty good at night.”

The AP described its interview with Anthony as “revealing, bizarre and often contradictory” and wrote that it “ultimately raised more questions than answers about the case.”

Anthony now lives in South Florida with her private investigator. She has started a photography business and works in online legal investigation.

While she originally said that she wanted more kids someday, she told the AP that she doesn’t think she’d be “dumb enough” to have more children.

Casey Anthony's Had 'Blackout' About Daughter's Death

thank god!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

She blacked out and has no memory of what happened? How convenient for her.
    holly, Wisher, Mivvi21 and 1 others like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Jesus, that Cheney Mason is one epic bullshit artist.......

If I blacked out and came to to find my daughter was dead, I would never, ever recover from that. i'd be going to every quack, con artist, legit psychiatrist begging for help to uncover my lost memory. I wouldn't be living in S. Florida not giving a fuck.
    Wisher, Trixie, Mivvi21 and 5 others like this.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

^ Yeah, well you're normal.

As far as I can tell.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

OMG can we not edit a post anymore? It just deleted my entire post!

Every fucking time this selfish cunt rag appears on a news feed I know I'll lose an entire day to posting rants filled with expletives. Casey Anthony planned to kill Caylee, killed her, then partied.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    If I blacked out and came to to find my daughter was dead, I would never, ever recover from that. i'd be going to every quack, con artist, legit psychiatrist begging for help to uncover my lost memory. I wouldn't be living in S. Florida not giving a fuck.
    This.
    In contrast, Casey Anthony got a tattoo (la bella vida/ it's a beautiful life), and was happy and upbeat THAT month and through the police interviews. Her emotions didn't resemble a mother worried about her daughter's whereabouts, nor grieving a child she'd killed in a "blackout". Her first phone calls from prison (to get her boyfriend's phone number) she got frustrated at her family and her friend Katrina's focus on Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    ... I don't recall the glue or duct tape having any fingerprints, which would have helped put Casey and anyone else else that may have been involved in this murder
    After months in the heat and humidity - plus the rain from a hurricane - the duct tape had been reduced to the fabric parts, except where the three pieces covered each other. On top of which there *may* have been that sticker. But I don't think the prosecution focused on the sticker found nothing at the body, except that like the Winnie the Pooh blacket, the tape and the laundry bag, it could be traced to the Anthony home where similar stickers were.

The forensics office who noticed the adhesive residue under the UV light wasn't told to take a picture of it until it was too late, and her tests to identify the brand had destroyed the trace.

However, the fucking jury - who I still consider a group of inbred mofos who can't comprehend REASONABLE Doubt - then requested to see the fucking sticker. What was wrong with that? ...They weren't supposed to be discussing the evidence yet! The sticker was a huge talking point in the news over the proceeding three years. The prosecution used as just one part of the evidence that tied to the Anthony home, but the jurors (who had been instructed by Judge Perry not to discuss the case between themselves yet) were focused on the macabre spectre of the sticker and not what it, the blanket, the laundry bay and the duct tape represented; proof that Casey lied about a nanny abducting Caylee, and proof that Caylee was killed by someone with access to the Anthony home. And who both: a) had access to the Anthony home, and b) lied about Caylee last being seen alive with the nanny?

Sorry if I'm going on and on, but I'm still angry about it.

Fuck it. I'm not gonna try to edit that a third time again. Please note there are two quotes in there that are almost indistinguishable from my reply. 😡

No worries Kat. The edit feature has been fucked up for a while now.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

I'd "like" your reply, CFG, but that button doesnt show up on my mobile. This board went to 💩 over the years
    CornFlakegrl and Syd like this.

Yup.

I do not like Casey Anthony and I am pretty sure she killed her daughter but I think the jury made the right decision.

If you cannot tell me how, when, why, or where a person was killed, I am going to have reasonable doubt in the case minus some very extenuating circumstances that did not exist in this particular case. This was a circumstantial case at best and I don't think they met their burden. The evidence was just as consistent with an accident or a natural death that Casey covered up as it was with murder. Their verdict was not popular but I think it was right.
    Flygirl likes this.
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    I do not like Casey Anthony and I am pretty sure she killed her daughter but I think the jury made the right decision.

If you cannot tell me how, when, why, or where a person was killed, I am going to have reasonable doubt in the case minus some very extenuating circumstances that did not exist in this particular case. This was a circumstantial case at best and I don't think they met their burden. The evidence was just as consistent with an accident or a natural death that Casey covered up as it was with murder. Their verdict was not popular but I think it was right.
    Sure, all the people I know that have backyard above ground pool accidental drownings are always found dumped in a swamp near their home with duct tape over their mouths. And absolutely after the mother of the child doesnt report for a month, makes up a story about a babysitter and leads investigators on a two hour trip to her "office" at a place she doesnt have a job at.
    Dont get me started.
    holly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post

Yeah...unpopular opinion for sure, but in retrospect, they overcharged her. Death penalty with the evidence they had? This case was sooo over publicized, and people need to realize that the jury didn't have, or couldn't consider, much of the "evidence" floating around the interwebs.
    Wisher and Kittylady like this.

Yep. Her parents were willing to testify against her, but only if they took the death penalty off the table, which they wouldn't. Prosecutors failed miserably on this one in my uneducated opinion
    Trixie and Wisher like this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information